Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Yay Sox! Now up 2-0 on Dodgers and are going to win the WS. ^
I thought you were rooting for LA.

I'm on the fence but maybe slightly on the side of the Dodgers.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by jc94
Generous! However I suspect the cow is flying up front Especially following his PY TATL.
Haha I have 12 gold guest upgrades that I will never use (since I always book the cheapest G/R/T buckets). It's either I donate it to somebody in the military or a FTer whose name I know (i.e. you're not like < 50 posts)
jc94 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by maradori
Haha I have 12 gold guest upgrades that I will never use (since I always book the cheapest G/R/T buckets). It's either I donate it to somebody in the military or a FTer whose name I know (i.e. you're not like < 50 posts)
Have you tried the AS forum?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
In the market for a new phone that won't cost more than $800 in total... What's everyone's thoughts on the S9?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by pewpew
In the market for a new phone that won't cost more than $800 in total... What's everyone's thoughts on the S9?
Get the plus at Freedom Mobile
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Mavs at Raps tonight!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
unless, like me, you live in a neighbourhood where Freedom just won’t work.

They em have been promising a tower here for 3 years.

Note: live in a suburb of YVR and in one of the most populated areas at that. This is not rural by any classification.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAD to win one tonight?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by maradori
Switched from AC to AS, haven't looked back since.
Apologies for the newbie question, but per the FT Glossary, AS = Alaska Airlines...but I suspect you are actually talking about Asiana here, right?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenlor
Apologies for the newbie question, but per the FT Glossary, AS = Alaska Airlines...but I suspect you are actually talking about Asiana here, right?
I believe @maradori was referring to Alaska and their guest upgrades:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...guest-upgrades
maradori likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Ah, thanks yyznomad!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I'm already with Koodo though, on the $35/5GB plan. I can get the dual-sim intl S9 for $760 off Amazon
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenlor
Ah, thanks yyznomad!
No worries.
You're almost at 90 posts!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm already with Koodo though, on the $35/5GB plan. I can get the dual-sim intl S9 for $760 off Amazon
Do you play graphically intensive games on your phone? Or do night photography with it? If not, then I don't see any reason to pay more than $250-$400 for a phone. An Honor 7x, Moto G6, or Moto G6 Plus are more than enough phone most use cases.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj
Do you play graphically intensive games on your phone? Or do night photography with it? If not, then I don't see any reason to pay more than $250-$400 for a phone. An Honor 7x, Moto G6, or Moto G6 Plus are more than enough phone most use cases.
I'm mainly interested in having a good camera (including one that works at night) in case I ever travel again . I'd stay with my OnePlus 3 for another year, but the rear camera doesn't focus anymore, which can be annoying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.