Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Of course, while those with assistance before before Z1 they are meant to disembark last right?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
I had friends who endured temp.'s in the mid-30's C during a recent trip to London and were happy to move on to Paris and a hotel room with AC.
It was peaking at mid 30s, evenings down into the teens. Tell them to find shade for a few hours at the peak if that bothers them.

As for stamps, I was shocked when Japan stapled stuff into my passport.

As for healthcare, Singapore was expensive as all h*ll, but I got MRI in just under 24 hours and they apologised it wasn't same day. I feel paying $1,000 for an MRI same day turnaround is worth it.
Canada, slow as molasses.
UK, more paperwork than I could shake a stick at, and then I waited longer than I ever did in Canada .
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by quantumofforce

As for stamps, I was shocked when Japan stapled stuff into my passport.
Was this at NRT or HND? So far with them, I haven't run into any passport shenanigans. (30+ trips)
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:39 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
As for healthcare, Singapore was expensive as all h*ll, but I got MRI in just under 24 hours and they apologised it wasn't same day. I feel paying $1,000 for an MRI same day turnaround is worth it.
Canada, slow as molasses.
Trust me, if you are willing to drop about $1,000 you can get your choice of times within a day or two at one of the private MRI labs here (in my case Metro Vancouver). I know, I've done it.

They will even give a nice pen to sign the invoice with and a DVD to share with your friends (and doctor).
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc94
Of course, while those with assistance before before Z1 they are meant to disembark last right?
Miracles happen.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Miracles happen.
Yeah, I seem to recall a post about how someone was miraculously healed after several hours on an AC plane. Likely the shaving thread.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Freedom Tower from Brooklyn Bidge 8-15-18

Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by smallmj
Also, be careful about mixing your painkillers with rum and Coke Zero. Probably not a good idea.
Or an amazing idea.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Or an amazing idea.
"Is there a Doctor en-board?"
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Stranger
Miracles happen.
Popularly known as Jetway Jesus miracles. 30 wheelchair pax board. Only 4 remaining at disembarking.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Or an amazing idea.
Yes, so long as @canadiancow does not end up in the pax behaving badly thread. Or heaven forbid his very own 'Airline banned me' thread.
jc94 and smallmj like this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:08 pm

Misleading article by Fodors on Top airport hotels in TO. Also posted on main FT page. Never mind their choice of hotels - they describe a Sheraton hotel connected to the airport avoiding the need for a shuttle bus and then list the hotel and map for Sheraton Centre which is downtown TO. The Sheraton at the airport is the Sheraton Gateway
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
Misleading article by Fodors on Top airport hotels in TO. Also posted on main FT page. Never mind their choice of hotels - they describe a Sheraton hotel connected to the airport avoiding the need for a shuttle bus and then list the hotel and map for Sheraton Centre which is downtown TO. The Sheraton at the airport is the Sheraton Gateway
Sheraton Gateway at YYZ T3, Sheraton Toronto Airport hotel down the road from YYZ, and Sheraton Centre in downtown. Considering I've seen many regular pax mess this up when checking in, I'm not shocked that even the Fodors rookies got it wrong.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
Yes, so long as @canadiancow does not end up in the pax behaving badly thread. Or heaven forbid his very own 'Airline banned me' thread.
You mean, "The airline wants to ban me, but catch me if you can!" thread.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's going on at Calgary Zoo?

https://www.thestar.com/calgary/2018...indshield.html

Originally Posted by Calgary Star
A peacock died at the Calgary Zoo last week after flying into the windshield of a moving golf cart, the third to meet a grisly end there in the past two years.

“After an internal investigation, it was determined this was a tragic and unavoidable accident,” said the zoo in a statement. “Our thoughts are with those who were affected by this sad loss.”

Save the Peacocks! Roam free and wild, my peacocks!

I will now make my donation to the Society Against Peacock Imprisonment, Savagery, Harassment, Excruciation, Roasting, and Enthrallment.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.