Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Okay so this was indeed a widespreading issue. Sorry about that everyone. I will be moving all of the pictures using a mixture of Imgur and WordPress native solution by tomorrow.

I am really glad that at least I found out now as opposed to Day 28. I am also going to use that opportunitiy to add in a lot more images for the Day 0 and 1 posts.
​​​​​
jc94 likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Deadlinks, although the video came through fine.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Okay so this was indeed a widespreading issue. Sorry about that everyone. I will be moving all of the pictures using a mixture of Imgur and WordPress native solution by tomorrow.

I am really glad that at least I found out now as opposed to Day 28. I am also going to use that opportunitiy to add in a lot more images for the Day 0 and 1 posts.
​​​​​
Yeah let us know when the pic links get fixed. I started reading it but decided it would be a better read with the pics.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Deicing in late May ... smh
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Deicing in late May ... smh
Well if you are in YYZ around 4pm today, it will be 31C before humidex.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Well if you are in YYZ around 4pm today, it will be 31C before humidex.
It was 32 on Friday.

I'll be there tomorrow for 759, or 739 if I'm lucky.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
For those who may have been reading my trip blog, are the pictures in the post deadlinks for you guys?
https://jackjia96.wordpress.com
No pics, only little blue squares with question marks on my end.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yeah let us know when the pic links get fixed. I started reading it but decided it would be a better read with the pics.
+1
Old May 28, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by ffsim
No pics, only little blue squares with question marks on my end.

+1
Can you check the Day 0 post again now? I just finished re-writing the post while migrating over the photos.
https://jackjia96.wordpress.com/port...day-0-yyz-lhr/
Old May 28, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE
Can you check the Day 0 post again now? I just finished re-writing the post while migrating over the photos.
https://jackjia96.wordpress.com/port...day-0-yyz-lhr/
Working fine for me now. Thanks for sharing!
tcook052 and Jumper Jack like this.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jasdou
Working fine for me now. Thanks for sharing!
Same here! What a difference
Old May 28, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Ah yes, much better thanks Day 2 has gone right?

Love how AC042 is on final call 4 mins after it was due to leave
Old May 28, 2018, 11:56 am

I must've been under a rock or something over the weekend, but I just saw The Spiderman of Paris' courageous act for the first time a few minutes ago... absolutely insane demonstration of selfless bravery:

Nice to see him get his papers and a job offer, too ^
tcook052 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Another Cabot Trail relay in the can.

0 fatalities this year! But cold as a FA responding to the call button.
tcook052, pewpew and eigenvector like this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by pewpew
Aaaand Calgary comes out of nowhere with the waitlist!
Aaaand just as I thought I was sure about where I'd study next year, Calgary comes out of nowhere with the acceptance!

The worst part of having a choice is having to make a decision ​​
Old May 28, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pewpew
Aaaand just as I thought I was sure about where I'd study next year, Calgary comes out of nowhere with the acceptance!

The worst part of having a choice is having to make a decision ​​
Congrats on whatever it is that you got accepted to. (sorry I haven't kept up to date with the thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.