Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 6:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Smells like poopoo in Vancouver (literally).
You're sure you weren't just in Downtown Toronto where the 3 provincial leaders were just debating?
DrunkCargo, eigenvector and jc94 like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
No stink here - I guess I must live/work in a better part of town

Having said that, I'm flying to SYD tonight, so that should get me a good distance away from the stink.
This is in Coal Harbour. Agreed, a douchy part of town, but a place with enough tax base to complain loudly. Stinks around Arbutus too. SYD is looking good right about now, except I'd need to be back for Wednesday, which I suppose 33/34 might do... J9Y9 on 33 tonight... hmm...

Edit: And I space... hmm...

Last edited by DrunkCargo; May 7, 2018 at 6:17 pm
Old May 7, 2018, 8:18 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
This is in Coal Harbour. Agreed, a douchy part of town, but a place with enough tax base to complain loudly. Stinks around Arbutus too. SYD is looking good right about now, except I'd need to be back for Wednesday, which I suppose 33/34 might do... J9Y9 on 33 tonight... hmm...

Edit: And I space... hmm...
Visit seat 5A if you are on tonight's flight.

I'll buy you a signature cocktail and will even throw in the insulin.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Visit seat 5A if you are on tonight's flight.

I'll buy you a signature cocktail and will even throw in the insulin.
Signature cocktail? Why would you have you buy it in J? Also I'm not diabetic, yet. =P

Stayed in Vancouver. Too lazy to shower and stuff, and the winds shifted so the poopoo smell went away for now. Also realized that being on planes for 30 hours (turn) runs a similar risk of being draped in poopoo smells...
Old May 8, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Signature cocktail? Why would you have you buy it in J? Also I'm not diabetic, yet. =P
No different than some here who offer me free Scotch in the MLL. Cheapskates!
pewpew and Yhztraveller like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
No different than some here who offer me free Scotch in the MLL. Cheapskates!
Hey, I offered to buy single malt at the YYZ DO. And did till some kind guy picked up the tab.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
My issue with these events is that they cater too much to the people who know nothing.

I think there were maybe 3 things I learned from attending an FTU and two PointsU events.

It certainly doesn't help when some of the sessions are "how to get a US credit card without an SSN"
I do have a US CC without a SSN. Actually I have three. However if you can point me to some ways to churn US CC without a US postal address that would be helpful. And for points that would be useful to me. I will confer a PointsU Doctorate.
pewpew likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Leafs couldn't get past BOS in first round despite being one of 7 teams with over 100 points (albeit less than BOS).
Raps, with a NBA-2nd-best reg season record, get owned and swept by LeBron again in second round.
Jays' pitching prospect Pearson has line drive fracture his ulna; Osuna, the ace closer arrested for assault charge and put on admin leave; team currently being no-hit by Mariners into the 7th at Rogers Centre.
MLS lost CONCACAF Champions League final to Chivas.

On the bright side, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
quantumofforce likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
Hey, I offered to buy single malt at the YYZ DO. And did till some kind guy picked up the tab.
LOL you definitely did and I wasn't referring to you. The intended gesture was much appreciated despite our surprise benefactor!
Old May 8, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, at least Jays got no-hit by a Canadian... who was a former Jays draft pick!
ffsim and smallmj like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Well, at least Jays got no-hit by a Canadian... who was a former Jays draft pick!
The irony. But he does have a Canadian flag tattoo i believe.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
The irony. But he does have a Canadian flag tattoo i believe.
Yep, "Big Maple" is his nickname too. It's actually a tattoo of a large maple leaf with a Canadiana collage inside.
Old May 12, 2018, 9:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC

Not only is the video priceless but the comments even more so.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
My mother just told me the they are are flying YUL-MRS on TS.

Their need to punish themselves is well known, but I can't fathom that level of self-flagellation.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by RangerNS
My mother just told me the they are are flying YUL-MRS on TS.

Their need to punish themselves is well known, but I can't fathom that level of self-flagellation.
At least it avoids an extra connection in Europe? I tried to convince my parents to fly KLM over TS (both were 1 stop) but they preferred a 'Canadian' airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.