Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .99MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No medals in curling (mixed doubles aside). Women's hockey loss in gold medal game. Men's hockey... Not looking good and we tend to lose bronze medal games because of our "if you're not first, you're last" mentality.

So a pretty poor performance from a couple of areas that should have been strengths for us.
Guess its time to start cheering for Germany!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Speaking of weight loss (gain), UK KFC is running out of chicken.
Brilliant apology though ... KFC's apology for running out of chicken is pretty cheeky - BBC News
tcook052, SKYEG, DNAwizard and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Just taking a temperature here, nothing set in stone yet.
Anyone interested in a mini-do in YVR on a Saturday early March? (Thinking March 3 or 10)
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:37 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Jet leg from being in MAD/LHR this week, so I'm up and watching the bronze medal hockey game. So far these guys seem up for it, which is good.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
So I missed the Olympics being mostly offline in Patagonia.

We lost both hockey AND curling? Should I even bother coming home?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by eigenvector
So I missed the Olympics being mostly offline in Patagonia.

We lost both hockey AND curling? Should I even bother coming home?
Yes, but still have had a record medal haul so guess we just owned different podiums this time around.
YYC traveler likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Just taking a temperature here, nothing set in stone yet.
Anyone interested in a mini-do in YVR on a Saturday early March? (Thinking March 3 or 10)
Might be interested in the 10th, but is there anything to do in Vancouver ..... ?

Company cow orkers in the kirkland office was telling me how grrrrreat Seattle is and I found it a very underwhelming town (just having tall buildings does not make you a city ...)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by maradori
Might be interested in the 10th, but is there anything to do in Vancouver ..... ?

Company cow orkers in the kirkland office was telling me how grrrrreat Seattle is and I found it a very underwhelming town (just having tall buildings does not make you a city ...)
Whistler is still full of powder still
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .99MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
RangerNS and I are discussing a “do” (do you need quotes??) for YHZ around the end of April. Early plans involve alcohol and throwing axes (at targets on a wall!). What coud go wrong???

Feel free to bring your favorite picture or corporate logo to use as a target.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Whistler is still full of powder still
really? Still?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by maradori
Can tourists do a run down the bobsleigh track?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Hello from BKK, on this weekend's edition of "Bubbles in Bangkok"

24left likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Since this forum seems to over index with IT folks....does anyone have any suggestions or know if your firms are hiring for a one year PEY (coop) in the GTA. My third year computer science geek kid at UofT is looking for something in software development this summer/fall. He does have a few interviews but hoping to broaden his perspective/options. PM please so we do not clog up everyone else's time reading. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
RangerNS and I are discussing a do (do you need quotes??) for YHZ around the end of April. Early plans involve alcohol and throwing axes (at targets on a wall!). What coud go wrong???

Feel free to bring your favorite picture or corporate logo to use as a target.
Axe throwing/ destruction makes me think of the Office Space printer scene.

If I ever can get a Vegas "do" setup, this could be an interesting excursion. We'd have to call to make sure there is no breathalizer test needed for admission

https://www.vegasnews.com/170712/wre...good-time.html

https://www.wreckvegas.com/
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
Axe throwing/ destruction makes me think of the Office Space printer scene.

If I ever can get a Vegas "do" setup, this could be an interesting excursion. We'd have to call to make sure there is no breathalizer test needed for admission

https://www.vegasnews.com/170712/wre...good-time.html

https://www.wreckvegas.com/
No need to go to Vegas!

TimberLoungeHFX - Timber Lounge - Halifax's Premier Axe Throwing Facility

Although, to be fair, I did grow up in a suburb of YHZ known as Sack-Vegas!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.