Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Two great shows to start off the new year

1) The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel 8/10
Anchored by the increible lead, more sincere than Master of None, less tainted than Louie, period drama have NEVER been THIS good since Mad Men

2) The End of the ****ing World 8.5/10
Amazing duo, increible cinematography, timeless music, sharply twisted and stylish almost to a fault. Likely the best black comedy of the decade, the 21st century's adoption of a graphic novel that is more like "A Clockwork Orange"

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Jan 16, 2018 at 12:26 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Another bloody lead blown and game lost in OT.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
“Its ok cause John mcaffee will eat his junk so its win win.”
And these guys thought they could replace Central Banks..............
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Buy a full J fare from anywhere to anywhere, check the widget. Never clear security, cancel the ticket before take off.

Have lost & found ship it wherever.
I genuinely hope no one has intentionally done this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Celebrating turning 27 today by being in Lisbon, pushing back on TP259 right now, true FTer bday style(in some ghetto old recaro cradle angle flats so maybe not lol)!

I like growing old with all you beauties here . Thanks for helping me travel way beyond my means!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Celebrating turning 27 today by being in Lisbon, pushing back on TP259 right now, true FTer bday style(in some ghetto old recaro cradle angle flats so maybe not lol)!

I like growing old with all you beauties here . Thanks for helping me travel way beyond my means!
HBD!!!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Celebrating turning 27 today
Happy birthday!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I genuinely hope no one has intentionally done this.
I don't mind as long as a bill for shipping and handling is sent along with the baggage.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Look, @Adam Smith showed up on my FireFox browser, recommended by Pocket.

https://aeon.co/essays/we-should-loo...ually-believed
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond

You lost me when you included both "turning 27" and "getting old" in the same message ... but whatever, happy birthday anyway
smallmj likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:36 pm

You know you are too young when the 763 you are on is 8 years older than you lol lol lol
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:39 pm

Today's fun activity was to make fun of my colleagues in Raleigh, North Carolina ... where the city is shut down after 5/8ths inch of snow
smallmj likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canopus27
Today's fun activity was to make fun of my colleagues in Raleigh, North Carolina ... where the city is shut down after 5/8ths inch of snow
RDU leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
RDU leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
No worries .... I believe they have now received 3/4's inch of snow, and as a result the city is being razed to the ground.

smallmj and quantumofforce like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
No worries .... I believe they have now received 3/4's inch of snow, and as a result the city is being razed to the ground.

10/10 burn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.