Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Crossed 100k with a UA LAX-SYD flight last week. Currently live in the UK so the $10k on AC flights was easily reached earlier in the year. Slightly annoyed that the threshold eups expire in Feb 2019 and not 2020, but I guess I was a few weeks too early to get the later expiry date.

More importantly, I'll likely be crossing the MM mark in a couple months with my AC flight home for Christmas so definitely looking forward to that

Last edited by kraftdinner_; Oct 8, 2018 at 2:58 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
Crossed 100k with a UA LAX-SYD flight last week. Currently live in the UK so the $10k on AC flights was easily reached earlier in the year. Slightly annoyed that the threshold eups expire in Feb 2018 and not 2019, but I guess I was a few weeks too early to get the later expiry date.

More importantly, I'll likely be crossing the MM mark in a couple months with my AC flight home for Christmas so definitely looking forward to that
You have early qualified for next years SE. As a result, you will still receive the eUps that will expire in 2020. I am sure that you meant that your eUps expire in Feb 2019.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I've accumulated close to 400K ARM (Aeroplan Redeemable Miles) so far this year, but still no sign of SE qualification. What gives ?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I've accumulated close to 400K ARM (Aeroplan Redeemable Miles) so far this year, but still no sign of SE qualification. What gives ?
I don't know if you are being serious. How many AQM and AQD have you accumulated? ARM is not a qualification factor.

Last edited by YEG_SE4Life; Oct 8, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
You have early qualified for next years SE. As a result, you will still receive the eUps that will expire in 2020. I am sure that you meant that your eUps expire in Feb 2019.
Sorry, my typo. Meant that I wish the eups earned for crossing the 100k threshold now would expire in 2020 as opposed to Feb 2019. I think I read somewhere that there was some sort of Oct 15 cutoff where anything earned after that would have a shelf life of an additional year, or am I crazy? And yes, I know that when I pick my SE benefits for the coming year, those eups will be good until 2020.

Either way, looking forward to my 11th year in a row as SE!!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Crossed 100K last week, still a little short on AQD but that will come this month or latest next month.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
136k Aqm; 37 Aqs; Aqd for my last set of flights posted on Tuesday this week and SE100K now up on the dashboard.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Apparently, I can't tell the difference between qualifying years.

I've been told I should have posted this in the 2019/2020 thread but I posted in the 2018/2019 thread. Oh well.

Sept 4 2018

Originally Posted by 24left
Oh for sure I've requalified now.

I also was too busy to post the updated number from a couple of days later, you know, because I was sampling bubbles at FL400

I still think I requalified, right?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Apparently, I can't tell the difference between qualifying years.

I've been told I should have posted this in the 2019/2020 thread but I posted in the 2018/2019 thread. Oh well.

Sept 4 2018

I also was too busy to post the updated number from a couple of days later, you know, because I was sampling bubbles at FL400

Not bad.

What is your projection for year-end?
I still think I requalified, right?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad

Not bad.

What is your projection for year-end?
More bubbles.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
More bubbles.
And 58 more Kit Kats?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
I requilfifed in August. Should finish off close to 200K
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
And 58 more Kit Kats?
Well, AC knows where to find me if celebrations are in order.

Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:05 pm

I requalified in June and hit 200k 2 weeks ago. I hope I'll hit 300k by the end of the year, as I have a super heavy month of travel in November (all of it AC), but I'll likely fall short.

In other news, I requalified for Flying Blue Platinum last month, and am one CX F flight to HKG away from requalifying for Marco Polo Club Platinum.

Are there any other people here that are *A Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, and oneworld Emerald?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:53 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Congratulations. How many years running?

I'm jealous of every SE on this forum and on every AC aircraft I'm on. I look forward to crossing that line. I catch other "red tags" staring at SEs with green eyes also, so I know it isn't just me.
Why be jealous? For those who earn SE from purely flying for fun, sure, it may be nothing but nice, but for many of us, earning SE means a lot of business travel, which often involves many nights away from home/friends/hobbies/etc, late nights, short-notice changes of plans, being subject to corporate travel policies written by people who never travel, etc.

Unless you're doing a huge amount of travel and falling just short of SE - in which case I'd suggest an MR/DR might be a decent value proposition - I wouldn't be jealous of the SEs. Since making SE, I get more upgrades, have concierge accesss, etc than I did back when I was a lowly Elite (back when it was P/E/SE) and doing, say, 40K or so a year. But I don't know that I enjoy my travel much more overall, for the aforementioned reasons.
shadowspar, Bohemian1 and RangerNS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.