Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's up with LO awards?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by

Also, flying through Poland means more of that sour potato-egg-sausage soup which I am [i
totally [/i]up for.
its all about the benefits.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
LOT still appears unbookable. When does a technical glitch become intentional conduct......
peroorim likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Somewhat related... Aegian is also blocked due to 'technical issue'. Award space shows up on Aeroplan and to call center agents, however at the last booking step it gives 'inventory no longer available.' Supervisor said this has beek happening for quite a while.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I guess if Aeroplan doesn’t book any rewards then it doesn’t have to pay for them....interesting business model.....no doubt tied to events of 2020.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Funny how there has never been technical issues with scamcharge airlines just with CA ET AV CM LO A3
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
What does "Inhibited from booking" mean?

Looking for an award on LO, partner space is showing on ExpertFlyer, UA, and NH websites.

Just got off the phone with an Aeroplan supervisor. I explained that the itin I wanted was available on all the other *A partners. She was very reluctant to check anything except Aeroplan.com until I explained that the itin had an 8.5-hour layover and I was afraid that Aeroplan was filtering it out. So then she checked another system, couldn't find the LO space. And she started reading what sounded like a system note, "...temporarily inhibited from booking LOT..." and I asked if this was "48 hours" temporary or "weeks" temporary and she said, "Looks like it's been since June 11."

So I checked the AC forum and this was the only post that seemed relevant:
Originally Posted by fangtl
No dice for me, I see availability via UA and ANA. Aeroplan agent sees nothing, supervisor sees nothing. The supervisor, Sabrina, was VERY combative right off the bat, and trying to redirect the entire conversation like I was the one to blame. Stating my travel dates are difficult to book, why I didn't book it when LX was bookable, overall, just an air of disinterest. She said that there was no ETA for a fix, if any at all, admitted they now have 4 *A inhibited from Aeroplan award booking.

Judging by this call alone, I believe the LX going down the blackhole like Copa, Avianca, and Air China.
Can anyone explain what this "inhibited" status is and how long it persists, or if it's likely to be indefinite or permanent?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
There was a previous LO award availability thread talking about issues or lack of availability... not sure if it is related to your issue, or if it will help you at all but might be worth a try taking a look...

What's up with LO awards?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:10 pm

Tried to do an LO booking today. Available according to EF, UA, and NH. Got through to an Aeroplan supervisor who eventually agreed to look in the direct booking system. At first she wouldn't... but I said that the itin had a really long layover and I wondered if the AC system was filtering it out for that reason. (Honestly had no idea AC had these types of issues.) She found a system note that said "LO is temporarily inhibited from booking". She said the note had been placed June 11.

Last edited by janetdoe; Aug 22, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Wow. Just wow.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:15 pm

Ah. I updated that thread with my data point. But it appears there are chronic system issues with AC blocking certain airlines for a long period of time. I don't know if there's any discussion of that in this forum, but "temporarily inhibited" seems intentional on the part of Aeroplan.

Does CTA regulate Aeroplan, or is it just a transportation-adjacent business that would fall under standard business law?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Ah. I updated that thread with my data point. But it appears there are chronic system issues with AC blocking certain airlines for a long period of time. I don't know if there's any discussion of that in this forum, but "temporarily inhibited" seems intentional on the part of Aeroplan.

Does CTA regulate Aeroplan, or is it just a transportation-adjacent business that would fall under standard business law?
Not that I know of - that's why I provided that link to another LO thread in case you might find it helpful at all, but I wasn't sure if your issue is even related to that thread or not (let you decide that). Maybe the "inhibited from booking" is symptomatic across the board or for a group of partner airlines as well.
But if you feel it is related, by all means.

Last edited by yyznomad; Aug 22, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by janetdoe
But it appears there are chronic system issues with AC blocking certain airlines for a long period of time.
This really should be AE blocking certain carriers. AC just happens to be the carrier on which (for now) AE plates their tickets
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think people who have credit cards from AP partners need to email those card providers to get a solution to this fraud. And I do think it’s fraud. There is intent not to facilitate bookings on many Aeroplan “partner” airlines that has gone on for months!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I'm another that tried to book a perfect LO itinerary YYZ-WAW-TLV return in J, all available according to Expert Flyer and UA MP,
but told impossible to book by AE - just told " unable to book" despite request for direct selling.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq

This really should be AE blocking certain carriers. AC just happens to be the carrier on which (for now) AE plates their tickets
Aeroplan is just a travel agent. They only see nd book what AC shows them/allows them to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.