Wiki Posts
Search

What's up with LO awards?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jfacowns
Moops - Thanks very much for your answer. Makes sense that if Aeroplan does not show it then it's not bookable.

It does however confuse me slightly though. I've read in a few places that you can search other Star Alliance sites, like United, and then call into Aeroplan and request that segment. Perhaps what I read was just simply incorrect ?

If it is doable though, can someone let me know of an example when this would actually work given that booking a LO flight will not? Adria airlines is another that simply does not show on Aeroplan, ever, but does on United's reward site.

Apologies for derailing the thread a bit and thanks again
No, if you see them on other sources - its available to be booked via those sources only, be it United Mileage Plus, LifeMiles, etc.

Air Canada has in the past blocked space on low-scamcharge carriers, especially where high-scamcharge alternatives are available (LX,AV,CA,ET,CM,UA,LO). It makes perfect sense as AC would rather you book on LH/OS within Europe and pay AC money, on top of booking transatlantic flights on AC/LH metal, which AC makes hundreds from on each award flight.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:30 am

Horribly scummy on AC's part, but it is what it is. Must have been given bad info. Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I lucked out, got some LO flights on an RTW that I booked Nov 17.

Just another "glitch" that they won't soon fix. I really wonder what this program looks like once that contract is up...what good would it be?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had luck with direct bookings?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Has anyone had luck with direct bookings?
I've tried again since I last wrote about it (maybe ~3 weeks ago), if its not on the website it's not happening. I booked WAW-LAX LH pts saver ticket at 30k r/t Y (plus some minor yq for that direct). On the plus side everyone in the rear section of the plane had 3 seats each, sorta wish they would have done the 2-5-2 (or 2-4-2 for that matter) layout on the 787. J was booked full that day, and I'll have to report back on the return. LOT J is enjoyable enough, and they are adding another 6 J seats on the 789, so I hope that will help availability.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Data point - I tried a direct booking yesterday twice and failed.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:21 am

LOT awards back up on aeroplan.com.

update from previous post: My return flight lax-waw was also very light and several people including myself had a whole row, they were selling upgrades to PE but I don't think anyone wanted to trade 3 seats + cash for 1 PE seat, don't know how much they were trying to sell them for.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Looks like it's f---ed again.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:51 pm

I saw LOT availability a few days ago but only lasts a day or two. Now not available again
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
LOT seats

It seems Aeroplan have technical problems with LOT which is real unfortunate given how few crossatlantic low YQ fights exist. Did this happen before, how long did it last, is there anything one can do?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:04 pm

Your first statement is pretty vague. What kind of technical problems are you talking about? Kind of hard for people to answer your question without additional information.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Did you mean you're having trouble assigning seats on LOT on an AP award or you're having trouble confirming award seats at all on LOT?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:10 pm

Its been down since early June. Cannot book LOT award space since.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
On and off for a while now, lengthy thread exists already.

AC has blocked various non-scamcharge partners on and off in the past.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Hrm, I tried to search but lot is quite hard to search on. I created an itin using LX instead of LOT but the YUL-YVR section is not at an ideal time 7:25am blargh! and is also only on premium economy so I really hope I can swap between now and January to a nice WAW-YYZ-YVR instead... when they will try to charge me a change fee, that'll be one hell of an interesting discussion. They admitted on Twitter they have problems with LOT

Also, flying through Poland means more of that sour potato-egg-sausage soup which I am totally up for.

Last edited by chx1975; Jul 18, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.