Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Altitude 2018 Benefits Selection Available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Altitude 2018 Benefits Selection Available

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
It is going to be a tougher selection for me this year. Not sure I am going to fly enough in 2018 to get SE on my own - so qualifying miles from passes or upgrade points? That said, who am I kidding? I will just make sure I fly enough indirect routes every trip or something like that. .
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Same thing. The 50 eUps were in my account with 20hrs; still awaiting the 20 core privileges.

Timing isn't bad as I had used all 2017 eUps and wasn't looking forward to another red-eye in PY; with the 2018 eUps in my account, I'm now waitlisted for J for next week's flight.
Talk about eating the seed crop.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Still no sign of the 20 eUps from the core privileges... I guess those won't be posted until March 1, 2018?

Not that big of a deal to me, as I don't have any more travel planned right now...
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Still no sign of the 20 eUps from the core privileges... I guess those won't be posted until March 1, 2018?

Not that big of a deal to me, as I don't have any more travel planned right now...
It didn't post on Sunday so you assume it's going to take 2.5 more months?

Seems like an odd conclusion.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It didn't post on Sunday so you assume it's going to take 2.5 more months?

Seems like an odd conclusion.
Ha... considering it's part of the 2018 package, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't post until March 1, 2018. Would I like them earlier, of course!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Interesting that, like others, have my selections available even though I am not quite there with AQD ($450 short by their records). Passed AQM quite a while ago. Guess they just know I will get there as I have every year since 1998. I remember getting SE one year with only about 88,000 AQM (in the days before AQD). Haven't made any selections as I want them to get Priority Rewards sorted out first and I have no need of anything out of the 2018 program yet.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Interesting that, like others, have my selections available even though I am not quite there with AQD ($450 short by their records). Passed AQM quite a while ago. Guess they just know I will get there as I have every year since 1998. I remember getting SE one year with only about 88,000 AQM (in the days before AQD). Haven't made any selections as I want them to get Priority Rewards sorted out first and I have no need of anything out of the 2018 program yet.
Perhaps they had already decided to comp you the status even though you hadn't met the AQD.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Perhaps they had already decided to comp you the status even though you hadn't met the AQD.
Or just give him the tease before the dropping the hammer on him coming March1st
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Sounds like the eUpgrades may be more valuable than the bonus miles.

Does your significant other travel much on her own though? I'm SE and my wife has historically had no status. This past year, she was 50K. Other than saving me a handful of eUpgrades on a couple of bookings (which is likely moot since I'll end up expiring a bunch of credits), it has made zero difference to us because she always travels with me.
Thank you for your input. I thought about it as well but yes, my significant other travels quite a bit without me. She has 40 segments on AC ytd out of which 35 or so are on her own. She won't make it to 50k on her own because she mostly flies short haul on expensive eco tickets that she has to book on short notice. 50k status is valuable for her because of waitlist priority and occasional lounge access. The latter does not really matter as she could the lounge with all the lounge vouchers anyways but the ability to make it on a flight that she may otherwise miss should be worth it, particularly if it's about making it home for dinner with me or staying somewhere in the middle of nowhere on her own.

P.S. If you're an AC SE, how come we don't see you here and you moderate the M&M forum?
Very good question! I should rethink my priorities I really only started to fly AC this year but will likely continue to do so, in addition to some TATL BA flights.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Heads up, my 20 "core" eUpgrades just posted this afternoon. ^
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Same.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Same.
Same. All is well now.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Same here as well. All is good.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: AC E35K
Same here.

Question- I got my bonus 10 eups for my 35k. I'm going to flip to 50k next week with my current trip. If I select the eups for my 50k bundle 1, will I get another 20 eups or is it smart enough to only give me 10 since they already have me my eups for 35k?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:33 am

Just received an email to select SE100K benefits... even though I selected them last week. This year's SE100K email wasn't signed by Ben Smith though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.