Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss first class bookable!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:59 pm

I've got two separate bookings and they still show on on Aeroplan and Swiss.com.

I've got a commercial lawyer on retainer, so if AP cancels my tickets, I'll have my lawyer write a letter to them and see how they respond.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by spideysense
I've got two separate bookings and they still show on on Aeroplan and Swiss.com.

I've got a commercial lawyer on retainer, so if AP cancels my tickets, I'll have my lawyer write a letter to them and see how they respond.
Really?
I can't get that excited about an award ticket situation like this.

I am sure most FT'ers recognized that the ability to book LX was an aberration, or at least a departure from the norm. Could have booked an award yesterday to ZRH but decided not to until the dust settled as I figured there was a good chance of the tix being cancelled.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mapleg
Really?
I can't get that excited about an award ticket situation like this.

I am sure most FT'ers recognized that the ability to book LX was an aberration, or at least a departure from the norm. Could have booked an award yesterday to ZRH but decided not to until the dust settled as I figured there was a good chance of the tix being cancelled.
Not all have been cancelled. I'm still sitting on two, and @philelite has at least one.

And I'm pretty sure it's the weekend in ZRH, and almost end of day in YUL.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
For those of you who are going to "lawyer up" on Aeroplan here, just thought I'd share that the general terms and conditions of Aeroplan state the following (see here: https://www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do)

9. Aeroplan assumes no liability with respect to rewards claimed, and in particular, shall have no responsibility for the delay or failure to deliver rewards or for their cancellation, damage or defects. You agree that Aeroplan and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or representatives are not responsible for, and you release us and them from any and all liability arising as a result of, any accident, loss, injury or damage caused by any rewards supplied or requested in connection with the Aeroplan Program.

10. Aeroplan or its partners may refuse reward redemptions, reverse reward redemptions already claimed, or deduct miles from a member's account where the redemption is based on an error in the mileage required for the redemption or an error in the amount of miles credited to an account, whether that error occurred through an act or omission of Aeroplan or one of its partners or suppliers. Each Aeroplan Member consents to the disclosure of the account information that is necessary or useful to achieve the reversal.

Might be more difficult for passengers to fight this one, especially considering you used their own currency which they can essentially just dissolve or take away from you at any time. It may be bad business, but Aeroplan doesn't owe you anything.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by bhamsan01
For those of you who are going to "lawyer up" on Aeroplan here, just thought I'd share that the general terms and conditions of Aeroplan state the following (see here: https://www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do)

9. Aeroplan assumes no liability with respect to rewards claimed, and in particular, shall have no responsibility for the delay or failure to deliver rewards or for their cancellation, damage or defects. You agree that Aeroplan and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or representatives are not responsible for, and you release us and them from any and all liability arising as a result of, any accident, loss, injury or damage caused by any rewards supplied or requested in connection with the Aeroplan Program.

10. Aeroplan or its partners may refuse reward redemptions, reverse reward redemptions already claimed, or deduct miles from a member's account where the redemption is based on an error in the mileage required for the redemption or an error in the amount of miles credited to an account, whether that error occurred through an act or omission of Aeroplan or one of its partners or suppliers. Each Aeroplan Member consents to the disclosure of the account information that is necessary or useful to achieve the reversal.

Might be more difficult for passengers to fight this one, especially considering you used their own currency which they can essentially just dissolve or take away from you at any time. It may be bad business, but Aeroplan doesn't owe you anything.
I'd bet that half of the clauses in Aeroplan's T&C would be struck down if challenged in court. They write them to scare you away from lawsuits.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd bet that half of the clauses in Aeroplan's T&C would be struck down if challenged in court. They write them to scare you away from lawsuits.
That's the whole point of boilerplate legalese. Hardly unique to Aeroplan
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:39 pm

I have two bookings. One is a return leg (outbound complete) that I changed to Swiss First, the third of 4 segments, to get me home to Canada on Dec 5/6th. The second is a roundtrip in May/June with both transatlantic legs in Swiss First. Both are still intact. I wonder if the fact that I have 2 stopovers and multiple airlines baked in to each trip (LHx2/LX/UA on the first return leg, and UA/LX/OS/AC on the round trip) makes a difference. I always have to call in to get these complex itineraries done manually so perhaps that makes a difference.

If my return to Canada on Dec 5/6 gets cancelled.... that's going to be really fun haha. Fingers crossed
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:45 pm

Has anyone had theirs cancelled more recently, or is the wave of cancellations done?

I'm curious how the DOT rule will apply if I take a train to meet my traveling companion to plan our trip (including lunch, etc.), and then it gets cancelled. Will those costs be covered?
AFAIK - Only the one round of canceled tickets has happened. There has not been any reports of people seeing bookings intact this morning and cancelled this afternoon.

Did anyone with a phone order have their tickets cancelled? Approx what time did you call? Pure speculation, but I think that may have something to do with some tickets that are still intact.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317
AFAIK - Only the one round of canceled tickets has happened. There has not been any reports of people seeing bookings intact this morning and cancelled this afternoon.

Did anyone with a phone order have their tickets cancelled? Approx what time did you call? Pure speculation, but I think that may have something to do with some tickets that are still intact.
I’m thinking the same. Booked mine via phone at 9:15am EST and my booking is still intact. My friend booked theirs online at approximately 9:00am EST and theirs has been cancelled.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by sgan317

My booking was intact as of ~7AM ET this morning and now appears cancelled. I had FRA-ZRH-LAX booked via AP.com. Shows cancelled on both LX/AC websites.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
In one of the case I learned during my law course, someone tried to do the same to MSFT... but failed. I am not sure what AE's full T&C are, but many companies require you to sue them at their HQ city... which can complicate things

You could argue it was entered into good faith(despite the fact the post have shown that it was perhaps a mistake to begin with), but even if AE fails to deliver.. I think the best you can due is to claim reasonable cost, which is what.. $50, $100 max? Doesnt seem to be worth it imho.

Others with actual law experience should chip in here...
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Anegada
My booking was intact as of ~7AM ET this morning and now appears cancelled. I had FRA-ZRH-LAX booked via AP.com. Shows cancelled on both LX/AC websites.
First report came in to FT at 9 AM EST. It appears that the cancellation probably came sometime between 7-9 AM .If anyone checked their booking after 9 AM EST and it was intact and then came back in the afternoon and it was cancelled, please let us know.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
-----

Last edited by GlobalMischa; Dec 1, 2017 at 5:24 pm Reason: No longer relevant
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
In one of the case I learned during my law course, someone tried to do the same to MSFT... but failed. I am not sure what AE's full T&C are, but many companies require you to sue them at their HQ city... which can complicate things

You could argue it was entered into good faith(despite the fact the post have shown that it was perhaps a mistake to begin with), but even if AE fails to deliver.. I think the best you can due is to claim reasonable cost, which is what.. $50, $100 max? Doesnt seem to be worth it imho.

Others with actual law experience should chip in here...
My trips are covered by DOT regulations because they originate and terminate in SFO. If they cancel it, and can justify it was a mistake (which is a requirement for them to even be able to cancel it), they'd owe me all non-refundable expenses I made in anticipation of the trip. So far, that's going to be a couple train tickets and lunch tomorrow to get together with my companion and plan some stuff out.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA platinum , Hyatt Explorist, Marriott platinum , SPG Gold , Hilton Diamond
Mine is still there

Just checked and emailed myself the e documents

Lets see what happens ...I have booked my return flight as paid one way ticket based on this ticket ....lets hope this doesn't get cancelled ...otherwise it will very expansive fiasco for me !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.