Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Ticket Validation - Maximum # Miles for a Redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Ticket Validation - Maximum # Miles for a Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Ticket Validation - Maximum # Miles for a Redemption

Each city pair redemption has a pre-set maximum # miles for the journey in order to qualify for a redemption. Is this listing published somewhere and what website do you all use to check the miles of your flights to check for adherence? The call centre used "ticket validation" as the check on their system. For example, NRT-LHR-YYZ exceeds the maximum # miles and is too long a journey to qualify for an Asia - North America redemption (37500 miles one-way).
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
What routing are you proposing that takes 37,500 miles to get from Toronto to London to Tokyo?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWgary
What routing are you proposing that takes 37,500 miles to get from Toronto to London to Tokyo?
I was trying to do East Asia - Toronto but there is nothing available transpac on AC unless I transit in China, which I'm trying to avoid. But there is plenty of availability to go west and then transatlantic to Toronto. So I'm trying to piece together this sort of itin (Aeroplan website can't handle this) and then calling in to book once I check these connections can be pieced together.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:17 pm
alc

OP - I am not 100% sure if I understood your question correctly, if what I think you are asking, I do not know the answer, but I do wonder if the following thread is what you are looking:

Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Yes, that is what I need. Thanks! I presume the mileage is in nautical miles?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hkskyline
Yes, that is what I need. Thanks! I presume the mileage is in nautical miles?
Statute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.