Biz Carry-On Allowance

Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Biz Carry-On Allowance

Is the one carry-on size plus one personal item strictly enforced if flying in business class? If it matters, the flight in question is LAX--YYZ on an A321. (Haven't flown much with AC before, so sorry if this is a nube question.)
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by socalflying
Is the one carry-on size plus one personal item strictly enforced if flying in business class? If it matters, the flight in question is LAX--YYZ on an A321. (Haven't flown much with AC before, so sorry if this is a nube question.)
It's less enforced but varies based on the agents mood. What are you contemplating attempting? I'm going to assume this is a narrow body so is it the one that has barely any space on the left side?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But anyway, no matter if it's strictly enforced or not, overdoing it is probably not terribly considerate to fellow passengers. Except if, say, one puts one piece under the seat.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
But anyway, no matter if it's strictly enforced or not, overdoing it is probably not terribly considerate to fellow passengers. Except if, say, one puts one piece under the seat.
Thank you both for your replies. Yes, it would be one piece that fits the carry-on size requirements, but the second piece would be larger than the personal-item requirements, though able to fit under the seat.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I've seen purses bigger than my roller bag at times. I think if you keep it within 2 items, with your personal item not overly large, you'll be fine.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Yeah as long as you get a seat that has a seat in front of it, which has room not taken up by random equipment, you should be fine then.

And apologies you did specify the plane type. So no issues with crazy small bins.

The only time I’ve heard of danger is at check in. If there is someone else who can hold a bag for you to avoid questions ... But to be honest I’ve never had a backpack queried or weighed aside from one FI Y , it’s rollers that tend to be queried.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Do we count the self-carrying baggage with legs?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Do we count the self-carrying baggage with legs?
You have a husband/wife?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:23 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I've seen purses bigger than my roller bag at times. I think if you keep it within 2 items, with your personal item not overly large, you'll be fine.
Two bag limit was being VERY strictly enforced last time I was at LAX, not by AC but by the gatekeeper into the TSA line. She was adamant about it. So I stuffed my briefcase into my garment bag for the two minutes it took to get through Precheck, and voila. When I got to the gate, I asked the AC agent if I would be ok and he said - you'll be fine, you board in zone 1. (Before I get flamed, I know I was being inconsiderate, but I missed the cutoff for checking bags)
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Thank you to all who have replied...I appreciate the input!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.