FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   No More Lounge Access BGI (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1879065-no-more-lounge-access-bgi.html)

mlbmlb Nov 23, 2017 4:52 am

No More Lounge Access BGI

Flying “business class” to BGI has not been pleasant since the elimination of mainline. Now, a small perk, access to the Lounge has been eliminated. Really? This is just cheap.

The Lev Nov 23, 2017 6:10 am

On the Cancun lounge thread another poster posted that there is no more access to the cotnract lounge there.

I'm guessing that based on CUN and BGI that AC has decided to eliminate lounge access for premium flyers on all Caribbean flightws - can anybody confirm? Also wonder if this will apply to rogue flights to Europe (e.g, BCN where they were using a contract rather than Star lounge).

Not a positive enhancement!

cruzcap Nov 23, 2017 6:50 am

Yes was in BGI a few weeeks ago....what a lousy airport to sit and wait without the lounge. And I was not a leisure pax....they sure do stuff to drive the Premium pax away.....

acysb87 Nov 23, 2017 7:56 am

I have purchased Business class price (premium scRouge) tickets x2 to BGI and back . Lounge was always a nice to do event, had a Banks before departure.
Taking away this benefit is quite disappointing.

flyquiet Nov 23, 2017 10:26 am

This is the essence of my grievance about MCO. Tourism is not just vacations. It's an industry too. Anyone that works in the tourism business is getting ripped off of benefits enjoyed by those in other businesses.

Symmetre Nov 23, 2017 10:30 am

Originally Posted by flyquiet (Post 29093101)
This is the essence of my grievance about MCO. Tourism is not just vacations. It's an industry too. Anyone that works in the tourism business is getting ripped off of benefits enjoyed by those in other businesses.

I couldn't agree more. Considering the number of conventions and trade shows hosted at the Orange County Convention Center every week, you would think they might consider lounge access for the thousands of non-Mickey Mouse pax that pass through there every day.

Thankfully, Delta does think about it and does have a Skylounge at MCO. So guess who gets my business on MCO flights? It ain't rouge, I assure you.

flyquiet Nov 23, 2017 12:51 pm

With Amex Plat, you can have Priority Pass which accesses The Club at MCO. Depending on the flight time and whether full of overseas jumbo jet passengers, it will do, but it does not seem respectful of the considerable business there. OCCC is one of the largest convention centres in the US, not to mention the worldwide theme park business doesn't just entertain tourists but is actually headquartered there.

Clipper801 Nov 23, 2017 2:51 pm

The location of UA's UC at MCO is inconvenient for those flying ACr but there is a Priority Pass lounge for those who have access.
With respect to BGI, Priority Pass has a lounge.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6320793d1b.png

Adam Smith Nov 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801 (Post 29093744)

Another reason to have and be thankful for the Amex Platinum then.

Lights_a_blur Nov 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801 (Post 29093744)
Not the most convenient location if flying ACr out of MCO.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6320793d1b.png

This is the lounge that AC has given eligible passengers access to, at least as far as the last time I flew from BGI a few months ago.

Hopefully they haven't changed the access policy. I'm back in BGI for work in two weeks.

songsc Nov 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Symmetre (Post 29093120)
I couldn't agree more. Considering the number of conventions and trade shows hosted at the Orange County Convention Center every week, you would think they might consider lounge access for the thousands of non-Mickey Mouse pax that pass through there every day.

Thankfully, Delta does think about it and does have a Skylounge at MCO. So guess who gets my business on MCO flights? It ain't rouge, I assure you.

Perhaps AC and other airlines worry that Mickey Mouse will cheapen their lounge. At least mouse are not desirable near the food counter.

flyquiet Nov 23, 2017 6:55 pm

The Club at MCO is at the head of the pier that ACr leaves from (gate 95+/1) upstairs from the Pinkberry. It couldn't be much more convenient, but I still resent that AC makes it impractical to access a status-based lounge (i.e., UC).

B767 Nov 24, 2017 4:42 am

Sadly, I can confirm that as of October 1st 2017, Business class (premium scRouge) passengers don't get free access to the Airlines Executive Lounge in BGI. I was told that it was to bring it in line with other Rouge destinations. From that comment and comments above it appears MCO is the standard.

MQS007 Nov 24, 2017 7:19 am

Originally Posted by B767 (Post 29095204)
Sadly, I can confirm that as of October 1st 2017, Business class (premium scRouge) passengers don't get free access to the Airlines Executive Lounge in BGI. I was told that it was to bring it in line with other Rouge destinations. From that comment and comments above it appears MCO is the standard.

The same is true at DUB, which is really annoying because, even though it is an independent contract lounge, it is listed on the Star Alliance website as a Star Alliance lounge.

mlbmlb Nov 24, 2017 1:23 pm

I recognize that Priority Pass gets you access but if you have a guest/companion you have to pay, even if the guest is also in business.