Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Lounge Access BGI

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mlbmlb
I recognize that Priority Pass gets you access but if you have a guest/companion you have to pay, even if the guest is also in business.
Doesn't PP entitle you to one guest at no charge?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Doesn't PP entitle you to one guest at no charge?
I thought so too so I looked it up and it said otherwise.

What is your lounge guest policy? You're welcome to take guests with you into the lounge. You'll be charged a per-person, per-visit fee for guests. The number of accompanying guests allowed varies between lounges, so please check before your visit, using our website prioritypass.com/loungesor the Priority Pass app.
​​​​​​​https://www.prioritypass.com/en/member-support/faq
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
PP lounge guest privileges depend on the issuer. My card issuer (Chase) allows unlimited guests (apparently).

PP doesn’t care as it’s the card issuer paying for it. If you directly buy PP (why would you do that) then you pay for guests.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by pprrff
PP lounge guest privileges depend on the issuer. My card issuer (Chase) allows unlimited guests (apparently).

PP doesn’t care as it’s the card issuer paying for it. If you directly buy PP (why would you do that) then you pay for guests.
Agreed. With the Amex Plat Canada card, you are allowed 1 free guest. This is from the Amex Plat Canada website: "For complimentary entry, simply present your valid Priority Pass membership card (which you will receive after you enroll) and a ticket valid for travel on that day on any airline, regardless of fare. If you’re travelling with a guest, he or she may accompany you free of charge. For each additional guest, a nominal fee of $27 USD per person per visit will be charged to your Platinum Card".
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B767
Sadly, I can confirm that as of October 1st 2017, Business class (premium scRouge) passengers don't get free access to the Airlines Executive Lounge in BGI. I was told that it was to bring it in line with other Rouge destinations. From that comment and comments above it appears MCO is the standard.
Nice to see that AMEX card will still get me in. scRouge flies YYZ/BGI AC flies YUL/BGI. Will YUL pax also be affected by this change?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
Nice to see that AMEX card will still get me in. scRouge flies YYZ/BGI AC flies YUL/BGI. Will YUL pax also be affected by this change?
Great question, I never thought to ask. If I go back in December for the Company Christmas party, I will ask then, if not I will find out in January.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan 50K
YYZ-BGI— such indignity as snack basket has been cancelled

First they cancelled mainline.
Then they cancelled lounge access.
Now they have cancelled the snack basket.

So undignified.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
You were not allowed in the MLL? The snack basket was always hit and miss anyways depending on the FAs... just like the level of service.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Didn't hear anything about cancelled lounge access could you share details?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Oh damn! No more MLL for flights to BGI specifically?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Oh damn! No more MLL for flights to BGI specifically?
i also heard that lounge access is not allowed for those traveling to YYC.

me thinks OP tried to get into the SSL but wasn't aware of the rules I.e. Nothing was canceled lounge access wise in the first place.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC 75K
There is no longer lounge access in BGI.

What's the point of this thread OP? It's the same as the one you posted in November.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indignity?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
There is no longer lounge access in BGI.

What's the point of this thread OP? It's the same as the one you posted in November.

OP clearly says "YYZ-BGI" in thread title, not "BGI-YYZ", so therefore it is not related to the BGI lounge access, unless OP expected an Arrivals lounge at BGI. Therefore a new thread is required.

Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
AC and rouge are still advertising MLL access with premium class tickets so it must be for BGI-YYZ only. So what happens to those who bought premium tickets when BGI lounge access was a benefit of a premium ticket? What about Aeroplan premium tickets?

Last edited by Northern Canuck; Jan 1, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.