Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhanced TCON Service Trial

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by silver_halide
Plating on board doesn’t mean they done come individually packed, just that they aren’t served in the container they come in.
Originally Posted by songsc
I have seen an aluminium tray of about 10 steaks in the galley. So if things have not change, at least the mains are packed together then plated individually.
As per the above, that was the image I had when I made my initial comment about individual plating.
In any case, my intent was not to be negative, and I certainly appreciate and welcome any attempt to improve the ambiance & method on board. At least the airline is looking and trying alternative methods.
However, I do see this as a 4 quarters for a dollar approach as they are just shifting around the same item.
An additional FA would be great, but sadly this isn't going to happen because of the cost. The lavatory cleaning won't happen either because the FAs absolutely refuse to have anything to do with it. It's the western version of a caste system, where some folks is too high falootin' to clean. I expect the FAs would go out on strike before deigning to wipe down a sink. I get it that it can be rather disgusting in Y on some routes, but surely the customers in J merit a guarantee of tissues and a non olfactory attack when using the closet sized lav. (They could at least provide some bog spray to cover up the stench of someone's rotting innards as they do on the nicer Asian airlines.)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; Hyatt Gold; Hertz Gold
I have seen an aluminium tray of about 10 steaks in the galley. So if things have not change, at least the mains are packed together then plated individually.
Interesting. I stand corrected.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Was the meal tray available for purchase in Y on this flight, since the mains were individually plated?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Meals are individually containerized. Main/Sides/Sauce - add garnish. There have never been 10 steaks packed together.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Meals are individually containerized. Main/Sides/Sauce - add garnish. There have never been 10 steaks packed together.
Thank you very much for clarify. Now I am wondering where did I see that.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC E75K
As most PMs will know, it's often easier / more exciting to launch a new product / embark on a new project than fixing an existing one.

That's what this smells like.

Until AC increases the quality of its J catering, fancy plating (which doesn't even look that great, tbh) won't do anything.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by capedreamer
As most PMs will know, it's often easier / more exciting to launch a new product / embark on a new project than fixing an existing one.
Deleted

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 25, 2017 at 11:21 pm Reason: OFF-TOPIC
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
Seems we have forgotten what on board plating can do. I remember that topic being discussed on FT when it was first introduced.

Warming up a casserol gives a microwave effect to the entire dish.

On board plating allows control of cooking time for individual items, and it allows to prevent reheat effects like burnt sauces on the sides of the dish, uneaven temperature of the dish, etc.

On board plating is the correct way to do food. Let's not entice the Airline to revert this please.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Seems we have forgotten what on board plating can do. I remember that topic being discussed on FT when it was first introduced.

Warming up a casserol gives a microwave effect to the entire dish.

On board plating allows control of cooking time for individual items, and it allows to prevent reheat effects like burnt sauces on the sides of the dish, uneaven temperature of the dish, etc.

On board plating is the correct way to do food. Let's not entice the Airline to revert this please.
I seem to recall reading you were not a fan of the improvements being type trialed here?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
How dare you accuse a FTer of lying!
canopus27 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Oh yes...please a new omelette !
Be careful what you wish for. The omelette out of HKG is really terrible. Who could have thought that possible? Still trying to figure out why breakfast is served on that AC flight.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
This is not standard yet as it was only a type trial. The enhancement is also mains that are plated on board. The OSM was only onboard to solicit feedback from customers on what they felt could be improved. Having said that, I would think that once they tweak it appropriately, it'll probably go into full PR mode for roll out on a certain date.
I missed the onboard plating part. =) Ok, that is new. Also, it's happening right next to the lavs... =)

I think the issue with plating is if the culture among the onboard crew isn't aligned with the work, then service will drift back to poor delivery regardless of corporate intentions. On OAL this is clearly evident, and this drift towards complacency is not unique to the airlines.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I missed the onboard plating part. =) Ok, that is new. Also, it's happening right next to the lavs... =)

I think the issue with plating is if the culture among the onboard crew isn't aligned with the work, then service will drift back to poor delivery regardless of corporate intentions. On OAL this is clearly evident, and this drift towards complacency is not unique to the airlines.
I disagree that this is something of concern. Say what you will about complacent crews but there are food safety regulations in place and if illness takes over a passenger than that is what lawsuits are for. This sort of information would also be reported quickly to the media (in the cases of non isolated incidents)
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I seem to recall reading you were not a fan of the improvements being type trialed here?
Of plating dishes on board? I don't think I was upset with that? A bit lazy to reread bur it's not impossible I mistyped or didn't express myself well.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I disagree that this is something of concern. Say what you will about complacent crews but there are food safety regulations in place and if illness takes over a passenger than that is what lawsuits are for. This sort of information would also be reported quickly to the media (in the cases of non isolated incidents)
Lawsuits? People sue airlines?

Oh, I could care less about the food being plated next to the lav. I mean, I'm happy they _might_ wash their hands before handing the cookies and the preplated meals. If a pax gets sick, would it seriously affect everyone onboard or just one or two? Meh, doesn't matter to me... I eat whatever and just blast the runs out in the lav if necessary; it's part of travel. Good luck proving it, unlike my hospitalization over the XL Foods thingy with lab results.

Now, will the plates get more ploppy over time? likely. But it's all going to be crew/individual dependent. I mean, if you get a DYKWIA barking orders at an SD on boarding, you'd likely see a pretty sloppy ploppy plate rendered for said noisemaker.

Back to TCON (or any flight for that matter), I'd like to see PDB in plastic cups, full bar, sip beyond takeoff... and, I'd like to NOT have to remind the SD/FA that a jacket draped in to the aisle means ask me to hang it. I always thank profusely like a typical Canadian afterwards, but I should not need to chase... what if I'm a FOTSG opup and have no idea what J offers? Did you notice if the menu clearly outlined service expectations? (like PDB choices: bottle of water, or express meal option, etc)

Maybe the new TCON service is to have an OBSM on random flights? that would be awesome since things always seem better when they're onboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.