Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight

Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Argonaut1000
Click here to go to a picture of the White Compensation Form and its stub

View Deflated Seat History Here (Database for submitted occurrences)
Enter New Deflated Seat Occurrence Here (Submit one if you have experienced deflated seat and it will show up in the database above)
----
From post #49 in this thread, here's one potential way to (re)inflate an AC seat:
  • Go the home screen "Your Seat". (find this on the seat side panel; not the main video screen)
    • Hold the top left hand corner "Air Canada" (with AC logo) for 3 seconds. Updated (Apr 9 18): may need to hold for as long as 45 seconds for key pad to appear
      • Dial pad shows up - hit 3-2-1.
        • Press "Reset Lumbar Support"
Note that this method has not met 100% success so YMMV.
A better method is for a crew member to use the reset switch under the seat, on the aisle side.

Compensation offers (green/white sheet completed)
40K AE- Apr 18 (50% back of the J class one way redemption)
2018 Jun - $500 coupon
2018 Sep $1,000 eCoupon or 40K AP (P fare TPAC)
2018 Sep $500 eCoupon (P fare TPAC) (no change on protest- update - 6 months later the $150 was increased to $500 - admitted they had made an error)

Compensation offers (no green/white sheet completed)
100K - May 5 (C$150 eCoupon; was moved to a functioning seat after meal service)
2017 Sept - 8,000 AE miles - reported via complaint web page after realizing it was a faulty seat, not standard discomfort; Asked for return of eUps but they declined.
2017 Nov & 2018 Feb - $500 coupons both times (second time on protest that $500 had been offered the previous time)
2018 Sep. $250 coupon (on a paid J TATL).
2018 Nov - $500 eCoupon (J TATL)

Standard eCoupon compensation offers (no haggling; following a recurring pattern)
~10+ hours: $1000
Long TPAC (TPE-YVR)

~6 to ~10 hours: $500
Short TPAC (NRT-YVR)
TATL
South America: YYZ-GRU

less than ~6 hours: 300
TCON

Have a Service Director (SD) That Is Giving You the Case of the Shrugs? Like the real life version of this ASCII emoji -> Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż ?

No success with the SD and/or crew rectifying your deflated seat and you can't be/aren't accommodated to another J seat? If you asked for a compensation form and the SD says they have no idea what you are talking about, you can use the below picture of the stub portion to help freshen their memory (better than nothing)...

Please note that for the longest time, the "Green Compensation Form" version was used, and there have been recent reports of the "White Compensation Form" replacing the Green version. Reports here have indicated that the two forms are virtually identical except for the colour.
There is now an even newer White Form which explicitly lists "deflated seat" and "deflated seat and fixed", among many other items.

Here is a snapshot of the NEWEST full form (as of August 2019), courtesy of lallied

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31421855-post2093.html
Originally Posted by lallied
Clearly jinxed myself. New form in case hasnt been posted before.

Oops, see it has been. I just didn’t look far enough down ☹️

This is only the stub portion, courtesy of lallied

There’s a main section which the SD fills in and detachable section you get to keep. Each has a reference number. It looks like the green one to me except it’s white.

Example

Mattress pads purchased and listed in this thread

Print Wikipost

Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight

Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Seat 7K on AC 118 YVR-YYZ end of September on a 77W (Fin 742). I've added this to the attached list.
Lumbar reset performed multiple times by SD but it never lasted longer than 10 minutes each time before duly going to wooden bench mode. No other empty seats in J and no non-revs on board apparently. For what it's worth 2 other pax seemed to have the same issue later on during the flight. I was given the green(now white?) form and wrote in as well a few days later. Received my $500 e coupon for future travel in response to my written complaint, I assume that will be that and will not hear further re: the green onboard form- but who knows?

This was paid J btw on a one way ticket with no further connections.

Last edited by Indiavictorcharlie; Oct 8, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AmericanBovine received $300 for SFO-YYZ in I class as E75K.
D582 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
AmericanBovine received $300 for SFO-YYZ in I class as E75K.
Clearly I am doing something wrong as have had THREE TATL overnights in a row and am getting ’no slip, no compensation’, ‘special exception $250’, and ‘wait for slip to be processed nothing we can do’. SE 2MM and paid J to boot. No sleep and early meetings next day does not a happy lallied make.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Clearly I am doing something wrong as have had THREE TATL overnights in a row and am getting ’no slip, no compensation’, ‘special exception $250’, and ‘wait for slip to be processed nothing we can do’. SE 2MM and paid J to boot. No sleep and early meetings next day does not a happy lallied make.
Same here, SE and have only complained in paid J (typically P/Z and transatlantic routes). I'm amazed by some of these offers to customers on shorter routes and with lower status.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by bawm
have only complained in paid J
If I have forked over 160K Aeroplan miles for a J ticket to Sydney, I consider my ticket to be 'paid'.

I have received the same compensation for a deflated seat for an Aeroplan Reward long-haul ticket as for a P-fare long-haul ticket.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Plumber
If I have forked over 160K Aeroplan miles for a J ticket to Sydney, I consider my ticket to be 'paid'.
Not my personal distinction, but it is a real one. See AC's Signature Suite access rules.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by bawm
Not my personal distinction, but it is a real one. See AC's Signature Suite access rules.
'Real' distinction in terms of Signature Suite access-- yes I agree.

But same seat on board and same compensation for a deflated seat.

My only real point was everyone should complain (and be fairly compensated) whether they are in an Aeroplan Reward seat or a J/C/D/Z/P seat.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:33 am

I have received the same compensation for a deflated seat for an Aeroplan Reward long-haul ticket as for a P-fare long-haul ticket.
I don’t disagree at all. Anybody who has pain inflicted on them should get compensation :-)
Indiavictorcharlie likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
'Real' distinction in terms of Signature Suite access-- yes I agree.

But same seat on board and same compensation for a deflated seat.

My only real point was everyone should complain (and be fairly compensated) whether they are in an Aeroplan Reward seat or a J/C/D/Z/P seat.
I agree. Plus, AP reward flights are actually considered as revenue.
lallied likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Last two widebody flights I was on it happened to me too.
First one I got offered $250 which I replied to saying that they gave me $500 the previous times. Waiting until that's resolved before complaining about the more recent one.

Spoke to the SD and she said that the problem went quiet for a few months (not to zero, but far fewer incidents) but seems to be coming back with a vengeance in the last few weeks.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
First one I got offered $250 which I replied to saying that they gave me $500 the previous times. Waiting until that's resolved before complaining about the more recent one.
Did you get the $500 for a same/similar route/service? Or was the $250 for a much different route (duration/length)/service?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Spoke to the SD and she said that the problem went quiet for a few months (not to zero, but far fewer incidents) but seems to be coming back with a vengeance in the last few weeks.
With 8 TATL + 4 widebody TCON segments coming up through the end of the year, this is music to my ears.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

Superglue wore out ?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
Superglue wore out ?
No, s/he uses krayZglue.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Free Agent

Wonder if the return of the incidents correspond to a seasonal return of biz travelers- where FF would note the difference and complain?
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.