Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Argonaut1000
Click here to go to a picture of the White Compensation Form and its stub

View Deflated Seat History Here (Database for submitted occurrences)
Enter New Deflated Seat Occurrence Here (Submit one if you have experienced deflated seat and it will show up in the database above)
----
From post #49 in this thread, here's one potential way to (re)inflate an AC seat:
  • Go the home screen "Your Seat". (find this on the seat side panel; not the main video screen)
    • Hold the top left hand corner "Air Canada" (with AC logo) for 3 seconds. Updated (Apr 9 18): may need to hold for as long as 45 seconds for key pad to appear
      • Dial pad shows up - hit 3-2-1.
        • Press "Reset Lumbar Support"
Note that this method has not met 100% success so YMMV.
A better method is for a crew member to use the reset switch under the seat, on the aisle side.

Compensation offers (green/white sheet completed)
40K AE- Apr 18 (50% back of the J class one way redemption)
2018 Jun - $500 coupon
2018 Sep $1,000 eCoupon or 40K AP (P fare TPAC)
2018 Sep $500 eCoupon (P fare TPAC) (no change on protest- update - 6 months later the $150 was increased to $500 - admitted they had made an error)

Compensation offers (no green/white sheet completed)
100K - May 5 (C$150 eCoupon; was moved to a functioning seat after meal service)
2017 Sept - 8,000 AE miles - reported via complaint web page after realizing it was a faulty seat, not standard discomfort; Asked for return of eUps but they declined.
2017 Nov & 2018 Feb - $500 coupons both times (second time on protest that $500 had been offered the previous time)
2018 Sep. $250 coupon (on a paid J TATL).
2018 Nov - $500 eCoupon (J TATL)

Standard eCoupon compensation offers (no haggling; following a recurring pattern)
~10+ hours: $1000
Long TPAC (TPE-YVR)

~6 to ~10 hours: $500
Short TPAC (NRT-YVR)
TATL
South America: YYZ-GRU

less than ~6 hours: 300
TCON

Have a Service Director (SD) That Is Giving You the Case of the Shrugs? Like the real life version of this ASCII emoji -> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

No success with the SD and/or crew rectifying your deflated seat and you can't be/aren't accommodated to another J seat? If you asked for a compensation form and the SD says they have no idea what you are talking about, you can use the below picture of the stub portion to help freshen their memory (better than nothing)...

Please note that for the longest time, the "Green Compensation Form" version was used, and there have been recent reports of the "White Compensation Form" replacing the Green version. Reports here have indicated that the two forms are virtually identical except for the colour.
There is now an even newer White Form which explicitly lists "deflated seat" and "deflated seat and fixed", among many other items.

Here is a snapshot of the NEWEST full form (as of August 2019), courtesy of lallied

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31421855-post2093.html
Originally Posted by lallied
Clearly jinxed myself. New form in case hasnt been posted before.

Oops, see it has been. I just didn’t look far enough down ☹️

This is only the stub portion, courtesy of lallied

Originally Posted by lallied

There’s a main section which the SD fills in and detachable section you get to keep. Each has a reference number. It looks like the green one to me except it’s white.

Example

Mattress pads purchased and listed in this thread

Print Wikipost

Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ridefar
Fin 838 seat 7A
I'm not going to assume... so just to confirm, this is for today (Saturday, April 14, 2018)?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Re the wiki, wouldn't it be useful to have a date, fin and seat rather than fin, seat, and flight number?
That way, it would be more apparent if the same issue is persisting in the same seat (reflecting either unrepairable seat or lack of repair).
Well, when I added the fin #s and seat info to the wiki, I wrote it as such, where I thought if anyone wanted dates etc, they can refer to the post

AC 7 Fin 738 (C-FIVM) Seat 4A
AC 118 Fin 749 (C-FKAU) Seat 3D
Details in post 237

FIN 839 (C-FGEO). Seats 5G and 6K
Details in post 243

If yyznomad or Adam Smith aren't too busy, perhaps they can "enhance" my post and add the missing info in the format that they like
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:14 am
Suspended

Fin 838 seat 7A
@ridefar
Added you info to the wiki. As per Nomad's request, can you confirm the date and flight number?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 24left
Well, when I added the fin #s and seat info to the wiki, I wrote it as such, where I thought if anyone wanted dates etc, they can refer to the post
Agree in principle, but navigation to specific posts is not all that convenient, and after arriving there, the searcher may see that the poster may not have said the date. If the wiki asks people to specify the date, fin, seat going forward, the wiki will have a convenient overview. The past data is pretty limited (in quantity) so not a big deal yet, but given the pace they are fixing this (i.e., not), it seems likely the thread will accumulate a bunch more reports.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
@ridefar
Added you info to the wiki. As per Nomad's request, can you confirm the date and flight number?
AC56, April 12.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:56 pm
Suspended

AC56, April 12.
Thanks, updated wiki
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I will develop a form solution based in Google Sheet on monday after my last exam to keep tracking ez
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I will develop a form solution based in Google Sheet on monday after my last exam to keep tracking ez
Perhaps you can manage the data as well. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
As Promised, here is the new Tracking database with forms.

STEP 1: Fill out the form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ePY...3ch4RK25VgvOO0

STEP 2: View data here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1906746400
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:46 pm
Suspended

As Promised, here is the new Tracking database with forms.

STEP 1: Fill out the form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ePY...3ch4RK25VgvOO0

STEP 2: View data here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1906746400

Great work, Jack

Re your line:
"AirCraft Registration Mark EX: C-FIVM (You can find yours on FlightRadar 24"

I would point out that we would want the Fin # and Registration # and if someone gets one of them, the other is easy to access on the AC Fleet page

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...leet/fins.html
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:53 pm

Great work, Jack

Re your line:
"AirCraft Registration Mark EX: C-FIVM (You can find yours on FlightRadar 24"

I would point out that we would want the Fin # and Registration # and if someone gets one of them, the other is easy to access on the AC Fleet page

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...leet/fins.html
But how would know what Fin you were on for you flight?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:56 pm
Suspended

But how would know what Fin you were on for you flight?
I ask, especially if there is an IFE issue, or no electrical power or seat problems. I've had all 3 - including no power for an entire AC 16.
I'll assume FTers and many FFs might ask for that info.
If not, yes, one can look it up.

And when I'm in avgeek mode, I look at the fin or the wheel prior to boarding or when deplaning. lol

Also, if you are suggesting people look up the info on FR24, please provide a link and instructions. Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Also, if you are suggesting people look up the info on FR24, please provide a link and instructions. Thanks
It seems that FR24 can only look up the past 7 days.

Can someone with a subscription please look up the Fin number or registrationfor AC 033 on March 4 2018? That is YVr-SYD. Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:37 pm

I ask, especially if there is an IFE issue, or no electrical power or seat problems. I've had all 3 - including no power for an entire AC 16.
I'll assume FTers and many FFs might ask for that info.
If not, yes, one can look it up.

And when I'm in avgeek mode, I look at the fin or the wheel prior to boarding or when deplaning. lol

You just need to go to FR24, Enter the Flight Number and it shows what aircraft registration number it is
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:47 pm
Suspended

You just need to go to FR24, Enter the Flight Number and it shows what aircraft registration number it is
My point was that you give readers some visual instructions. Despite this being FT, not everyone who lurks knows where to find things

I also like PlaneFinder.

For example AC 103

https://planefinder.net/data/flight/AC103

Flight Radar 24

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ac103/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.