Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight

Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: yyznomad
Wiki Link
Click here to go to a picture of the White Compensation Form and its stub

View Deflated Seat History Here (Database for submitted occurrences)
Enter New Deflated Seat Occurrence Here (Submit one if you have experienced deflated seat and it will show up in the database above)
----
From post #49 in this thread, here's one potential way to (re)inflate an AC seat:
  • Go the home screen "Your Seat". (find this on the seat side panel; not the main video screen)
  • Hold the top left hand corner "Air Canada" (with AC logo) for 3 seconds. Updated (Apr 9 18): may need to hold for as long as 45 seconds for key pad to appear
  • Dial pad shows up - hit 3-2-1.
  • Press "Reset Lumbar Support"
Note that this method has not met 100% success so YMMV.
A better method is for a crew member to use the reset switch under the seat, on the aisle side.

Compensation offers (green/white sheet completed)
40K AE- Apr 18 (50% back of the J class one way redemption)
2018 Jun - $500 coupon
2018 Sep $1,000 eCoupon or 40K AP (P fare TPAC)
2018 Sep $150 eCoupon (P fare TPAC) (no change on protest)

Compensation offers (no green/white sheet completed)
100K - May 5 (C$150 eCoupon; was moved to a functioning seat after meal service)
2017 Sept - 8,000 AE miles - reported via complaint web page after realizing it was a faulty seat, not standard discomfort; Asked for return of eUps but they declined.
2017 Nov & 2018 Feb - $500 coupons both times (second time on protest that $500 had been offered the previous time)
2018 Sep. $250 coupon (on a paid J TATL).
2018 Nov - $500 eCoupon (J TATL)

Have a Service Director (SD) That Is Giving You the Case of the Shrugs? Like the real life version of this ASCII emoji -> Į\_(ツ)_/Į ?

No success with the SD and/or crew rectifying your deflated seat and you can't be/aren't accommodated to another J seat? If you asked for a compensation form and the SD says they have no idea what you are talking about, you can use the below picture of the stub portion to help freshen their memory (better than nothing)...

Please note that for the longest time, the "Green Compensation Form" version was used, and there have been recent reports of the "White Compensation Form" replacing the Green version. Reports here have indicated that the two forms are virtually identical except for the colour.

Here is a snapshot of the full form, courtesy of canadiancow

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30914753-post1458.html
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I've been meaning to post this for a while. This is the whole form.

The left section and the tear-off piece were filled out entirely by the SD.

My name was filled out by the SD.

I filled out my address, email, status, Aeroplan number, phone, and chose which type of compensation I wanted.

The main part of the form goes back to the SD, and the passenger keeps the little piece on the right side.

This is only the stub portion, courtesy of lallied
Originally Posted by lallied View Post

Thereís a main section which the SD fills in and detachable section you get to keep. Each has a reference number. It looks like the green one to me except itís white.

Example
Mattress pads purchased and listed in this thread
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 10, 18, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by canolakid View Post
Wonder if the return of the incidents correspond to a seasonal return of biz travelers- where FF would note the difference and complain?

Perhaps itís just that thereís no seats to move to now itís busier after the summer break. For sure Iíve had some flat seats that Iíve just moved from and not written in about but all my recent flights have been jampacked with revs. So nowhere to go.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by s_yvr View Post
AC17 fin 839, 6K deflated immediately. Manual resets once per hour. No available seats to move. Filled out a white form.
Data: +25 days no response from white form. Contacted customer service. offered and accepted $1000 eCoupon. Other choice was 40K AE. I can't edit the wiki yet if someone wants to add thx
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Data: +25 days no response from white form. Contacted customer service. offered and accepted $1000 eCoupon. Other choice was 40K AE. I can't edit the wiki yet if someone wants to add thx
@s_yvr
I'll update it. What was your original purchase fare class?
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:37 pm

Paid J
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
Paid J
P? J? Mistake fare P?

There's a huge discrepancy in reported compensation, and "paid J" doesn't mean much.
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Paid J
Done!

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
P? J? Mistake fare P?

There's a huge discrepancy in reported compensation, and "paid J" doesn't mean much.
That is true. Would help to know the fare class @s_yvr was on. Maybe it was actual full paid J?
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:53 pm

Sorry, it was lowest biz class, which I think is P?
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, it was lowest biz class, which I think is P?
Yes, that's P. Will update wiki.
Old Oct 10, 18, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Hi can someone please update the wiki with info from my deflate 'incident' . See post 496 - Booked in D YVR-YYZ seat 7K fin 742 ...filled out green form and wrote in a few days later. $500 e coupon received in response to my complaint. Cabin was full so couldn't switch seats either.
Old Oct 11, 18, 5:11 am

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
I didn't realize that we were tracking incidents or I'd have reported this earlier.

Last week (Oct 5th), AC 7 (YVR-HKG) (sorry, I don't have the fin number) I was in 1A and it deflated.

Luckily I knew the roundel 3-2-1 trick, and that reinflated the seat.
Old Oct 11, 18, 5:17 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
I didn't realize that we were tracking incidents or I'd have reported this earlier.

Last week (Oct 5th), AC 7 (YVR-HKG) (sorry, I don't have the fin number) I was in 1A and it deflated.

Luckily I knew the roundel 3-2-1 trick, and that reinflated the seat.
C-FNNU
canopus27 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 18, 5:56 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, Marriot PPE
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Did you get the $500 for a same/similar route/service? Or was the $250 for a much different route (duration/length)/service?
All for YYZ-YVR or the reverse.
Old Oct 11, 18, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krayZpaving View Post
All for YYZ-YVR or the reverse.
And same exact original fare class each time, right?
Old Oct 11, 18, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, Marriot PPE
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
And same exact original fare class each time, right?
Yes - all full J or J flight pass.
Old Oct 18, 18, 12:16 pm

2018-10-18 AC865 (LHR-YUL) Seat 8G
Felt a tiny bit deflated when I boarded, 3-2-1 put it back to normal. then, deflation would occur slowly, would feel the bottom of the seat after 15-20 minutes.
Waiting for SD to reset the seat, if it still doesn"t work, will have me switch seat with an AC employee sitting in a working J seat. But he is sure taking his time, we're already mid-flight...
EDIT: reset works for now. compensation form is now a full page on which you need to fill in your personal details. SD also fills part about the problem, and I can choose future travel credit or AE credit. Let's wait...

Last edited by balexis; Oct 18, 18 at 12:35 pm

Search this Thread