Most AQM for least $ in J

Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Most AQM for least $ in J

Was in a discussion over coffee this AM and one person asked if there was an easy way to find high AQM routes, relative to fare, in business class.

I thought about this for a few minutes but really had no better answer than punching in various routes on Google Flights and restricting the carrier to AC. (I did tell them that TPE was likely a good choice or connection airport).

So, that being said, on AC.com you can also pull fares that include other carriers, both *Alliance and other.

This all left me not knowing the best answer to the question.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:54 am
alc

the answer will change monthly, weekly, or even daily. So, I think the question might want change to "in general" which route yield the best CPSM in J with AC.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by alc
the answer will change monthly, weekly, or even daily. So, I think the question might want change to "in general" which route yield the best CPSM in J with AC.
Well, yes. But I was being asked what would be the best 'tool' to research these things.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/ is usually a good starting point.

I'm doing another ~$1050 CAD P fare round-trip to MUC this weekend.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/ is usually a good starting point.

From SFO I assume? That's an incredible deal.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC E75K

How do I keep missing these!!!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Dorian
Was in a discussion over coffee this AM and one person asked if there was an easy way to find high AQM routes, relative to fare, in business class.

I thought about this for a few minutes but really had no better answer than punching in various routes on Google Flights and restricting the carrier to AC. (I did tell them that TPE was likely a good choice or connection airport).

So, that being said, on AC.com you can also pull fares that include other carriers, both *Alliance and other.

This all left me not knowing the best answer to the question.
The YVR - YYZ - DEL - YYZ - YVR for around $6,000 is 27,930 AQM. If you do just 4 R/T it's 111,720 AQM for around $24,000 (and sometimes even a bit cheaper).

So while it might not be the absolute cheapest, doing just 4 r/t to more than clear SE and spending a bunch of that time sleeping in a pod or whatever is great.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
If only looking for AQMs, not AQDs, there are a lot of Air China fares North America to China in the USD 2000 range.
Again, the premium fare deals forum is the best place to look.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
In years past, when AC/UA/LH offered J (well, P) super seat sales from Canada to South Africa, you could get 26k+ AQM under $4000 all in. I think this past year that sale fare was never quite that good, but still a pretty good ratio.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Toronto to Hong Kong on a nice P fare is an efficient route. It comes down to pricing of course but when it's a good deal (say $3400 or so), I think it's an efficient route to get AQM.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:54 pm

Okay if you are throwing around numbers that are above 10 Canadian cents per AQM, you are not helping Dorian.

Under 10 is relatively easy.

Under 5 is where the fun starts.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay if you are throwing around numbers that are above 10 Canadian cents per AQM, you are not helping Dorian.

Under 10 is relatively easy.

Under 5 is where the fun starts.
However, not sure what the point is if you need 20,000 AQDs anyway. Apart from reaching xMM status quicker, of course.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
However, not sure what the point is if you need 20,000 AQDs anyway. Apart from reaching xMM status quicker, of course.
Not everyone struggles with the D.

Some of us can get D easily, but have a much harder time flying the M.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Not everyone struggles with the D.

Some of us can get D easily, but have a much harder time flying the M.
+1

Please notify me when you find deals like your MUC and SYD itineraries in the future?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jc94
From SFO I assume? That's an incredible deal.

It was one of those "promo" fares that only lasted a few hours. I believe this particular fare was MUC-SFO-MUC. I'll be flying the first half of mine in about 5 days.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.