Saw my first 2 Million Tag

Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jc94
I thought they were red and blue. Did he wash them together?

I believe your own 3MM one is red too?
Yes, but that was a very special treasured gift. I don't wear it in flight.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
And I see 3MM tags much more frequently than any other tags. I guess, to me, 3MM is a dime a dozen.
<<< Placeholder to insert giphy reply for when giphy's are allowed under FT rules >>>
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
The problem is when AC started counting. There would be many more 3 mm people if they could go back pre Aeroplan.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
CZAM is certainly exercising some humour. It is well known that the Cow has a purple Zone 1 t shirt.
I thought they were red and blue. Did he wash them together?
They're on the purple end of the blue spectrum. Or the blue end of the purple spectrum.

I do not possess any red ZONE 1 shirts.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
<<< Placeholder to insert giphy reply for when giphy's are allowed under FT rules >>>
What's a giphy?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
IIRC, UA's MM status includes all status miles flown, including those on *A partners. AC's MM status only includes miles on AC metal.
For UA it's BIS UA metal only. At the merger there was a bit of an adjustment since CO did count parter miles and PQM bonuses (and some other stuff) for lifetime.

ETA: found the post where Tom says his bump was 2.9MM
ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Last edited by steveman518; Nov 15, 2017 at 4:03 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steveman518
For UA it's BIS UA metal only. At the merger there was a bit of an adjustment since CO did count parter miles and PQM bonuses (and some other stuff) for lifetime.

ETA: found the post where Tom says his bump was 2.9MM
ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS
According to this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28744754-post386.html he's at 4M BIS miles
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
According to this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28744754-post386.html he's at 4M BIS miles
That's UA_Flyer-I quoted ua1flyer, who has passed 18MM on UA (including that 2.9MM bump, and was already 12MM in the post I linked to)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm not being sarcastic at all. I saw a recent photo of UA's 18MM, and his shirt said as much.
That gentlemen is a different breed of flier. There are frequent fliers, and then there's him.

While I pass no judgement verbally on people who advertise their airline status by way of baggage tags and/or clothing, THAT individual...he's not human, I'm convinced of it.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AC MM+
question for those 2MM and up. Does the status show-up on your boarding card(other than ACMM) in the comment section and is it any different on the flight manifest? All I see on the manifest is *SM.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by mamau
question for those 2MM and up. Does the status show-up on your boarding card(other than ACMM) in the comment section and is it any different on the flight manifest? All I see on the manifest is *SM.
2MM and higher show exactly the same as 1MM on the boarding card and the manifest.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:18 am

I use tags when travelling with spouse as has waltzed off with some else’s roll aboard before and while I could in theory buy tags never remember until last minute so use the AC ones. No one looks at them as far as I can tell and crew just know you are a MM as noted above.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by MQS007
I know 1 3 mm, 1 2mm and 2 VIP's. The only one's who get differentiated service are the VIP's
Plenty of 2MMs especially on TPAC and major European routes.

Kind of has to happen because the program is now a few years old and many 1MMs will graduate to 2MM.

Agreed that VIPs do get the folder and the special stuff - but that is why they are VIPs. They can also lose VIP status if they lose their connection to the corporate partner or entity they are with.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Ah thanks for confirming.

And yet ACs record is 5MM. Says something I guess.
that is someone who regrets choosing the wrong airline.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by MQS007
I know 1 3 mm, 1 2mm and 2 VIP's. The only one's who get differentiated service are the VIP's
That might be the official answer. However, in practice, there are a couple of groups, within A.C., who do know the difference. As a result the extra service is noticed and appreciated.
Plumber likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.