Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC ignores multiple SFO ATC go around orders Oct22

AC ignores multiple SFO ATC go around orders Oct22

Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JungleJet
They'll get a stern talking to by the Chief Pilot and both pilots will promise to never, ever do it again. Case closed.
I don't know about stern talking to. I wouldn't be surprised if AC gives them a medal for their heroic efforts to land the plane without the use of radio
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by JungleJet
The crew may have said there was a "radio problem" but the most likely outcome is that the problem was caused by a bumped setting on the ACP.

Because the radios were serviceable (proof: they worked just fine once on ground) they didn't bother to snag anything in the logbook and the radios were never inspected, until the full gravity of the situation came to light after the ASR was sent in.

They'll get a stern talking to by the Chief Pilot and both pilots will promise to never, ever do it again. Case closed.
I guess it is probably the best airline and regulatory environment for fresh talent.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Video of The Most Recent AC Major Error at SFO

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-air...073152827.html
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Are you qualified to call it a "major" error?

The experts here actually consider it as a quasi-minoric-semi-majeur-soft-radio-landing error. But have no fear! A thread already exists on this and the speculation is fun to read!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Please note that discussion on this incident at SFO has been moved out of the master AC incidents thread and into its own thread due to the number of posts and ongoing updates.

tcook052
Air Canada forum mod.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Are you qualified to call it a "major" error?

The experts here actually consider it as a quasi-minoric-semi-majeur-soft-radio-landing error...
Ha! Nothing to see here...move along, move along!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
"Major" error.

Fox News style sensationalism at its best/worst.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by jaysona
"Major" error.

Fox News style sensationalism at its best/worst.
Many of the comments are even worse. Lack of comprehension and ignorance displayed on a massive scale - and of course, a heavy dose or partisanship thrown in (liberals believe they are entitled to ignore ATC).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.