Wiki Posts
Search

AC3 oversold on 11/9/17?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
AC3 oversold on 11/9/17?

I currently have a PY seat on AC3 this Thursday. Looking at aircanada.com, only J and PY seats are available for purchase. I also tried an EF query and found this availability:

J8 C8 D8 Z8 P7 R6 O5 E5 N0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0

Two questions:

1) Does this indicate that Economy is oversold?

2) The PY seatmap shows 2 seats left, but looks like up to 5 for sale. I know not to trust the seatmap, but is this just an indication of willingness to oversell PY?

Lots of R space so would upgrade on this one, but won't be SE until the return flight.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't think there are 5 seats available in PY.

I think they're willing to oversell PY, knowing there will be some upgrades.

It is a very strong bet that Y is oversold.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
I currently have a PY seat on AC3 this Thursday. Looking at aircanada.com, only J and PY seats are available for purchase. I also tried an EF query and found this availability:

J8 C8 D8 Z8 P7 R6 O5 E5 N0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0

Two questions:

1) Does this indicate that Economy is oversold?

2) The PY seatmap shows 2 seats left, but looks like up to 5 for sale. I know not to trust the seatmap, but is this just an indication of willingness to oversell PY?

Lots of R space so would upgrade on this one, but won't be SE until the return flight.
I had a similar experience on a TPAC flight this year where the Y cabin was zeroed out according to EF, and the PE cabin was I think down to O2, and J9. I don't remember what the R inventory was like, but I decided not to request any upgrade (I was booked in PE). When I got to the gate, I was given a J BP.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by YYT82
I had a similar experience on a TPAC flight this year where the Y cabin was zeroed out according to EF, and the PE cabin was I think down to O2, and J9. I don't remember what the R inventory was like, but I decided not to request any upgrade (I was booked in PE). When I got to the gate, I was given a J BP.
Someone must be pretty happy that day

I have seen AC oversell even with a completely packed J class so normally when I see Y0 I assume its well oversold
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think there are 5 seats available in PY.

I think they're willing to oversell PY, knowing there will be some upgrades.

It is a very strong bet that Y is oversold.
There are 2 left on the seatmap, but can purchase up to 5 on aircanada.com. Not sure what it lets you do for seat selection at that point.

Sounds to me like Y is oversold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.