Wiki Posts
Search

Air India not able to print AC BP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Air India not able to print AC BP

Never had this happen, sitting in BOM lounge now en route to DEL (on AI) connecting to AC43. The check in agent at BOM could not print our BPs for the DEL-YYZ flight and told us to exit the terminal, go to checkin upstairs and collect them. The bags did go through to YYZ though. Any idea on whether we do what she suggested or do we go to flight connections and find a transfer desk? We are on 014 ticket stock for the entire journey.

I did read that the domestic to international transfer area can be mayhem and most people prefer to actually go upstairs to the general international checkin area anyways. Never done this transfer at DEL so was wondering what others suggest.

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Been through this many times. It’ll be a nightmare because they won’t let you clean transit in DEL without some rupees placed in the hand or very insistent badgering of the security guard.

make sure you have your itinerary on your phone and be very, very insistent on them letting you through.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Been through this many times. It’ll be a nightmare because they won’t let you clean transit in DEL without some rupees placed in the hand or very insistent badgering of the security guard.

make sure you have your itinerary on your phone and be very, very insistent on them letting you through.
Am I better off exiting the departure zone, going to AC checkin desk rather than transferring?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by seegs
Am I better off exiting the departure zone, going to AC checkin desk rather than transferring?
depending on how long your cnx is and how long the transfer line at DEL is. Last time I was there the queue Dom-Intl was already over 2 hours long. Going through immigration w a domestic BP and then up to AC check in with an itinerary and then back in should be about an hour.

but, as I’m sure you’ve experienced already, “should be” has almost zero bearing on what will happen.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Ah Delhi. The only thing you can almost guarantee is that your flight in will be late. Maybe by 30 mins, maybe a few hours.

Fortunately AC43 is a late one out so hopefully you are on one of those that gets in about 7pm. The lounge there isn't that amazing to want to spend hours in.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by jc94
Ah Delhi. The only thing you can almost guarantee is that your flight in will be late. Maybe by 30 mins, maybe a few hours.

Fortunately AC43 is a late one out so hopefully you are on one of those that gets in about 7pm. The lounge there isn't that amazing to want to spend hours in.
The LH lounge is the best one in DEL IMHO. The SilverKris lounge is nice enough too but I prefer the atmosphere, food and drinks offered in the Senator Lounge. And obviously the AI lounge is crap.

Last edited by jasdou; Nov 3, 2017 at 9:18 am Reason: Fixed a typo
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by jasdou
The LH lounge is the best one in DEL IMHO. The SilverKris lounge isnice enough too but I prefer the atmosphere, food and drinks offered in the Senator Lounge. And obviously the AI lounge is crap.
Yeah I've only used the AI one. Not sure I had a choice in the matter (not being E50k+?)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
All recent Star -> Star connections that I had on the same itinerary had a similar theme: the first airline was unable to print the next airline's BP. I had to reach either transfer desk or gate. Bags were tagged all the way through however.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Originally Posted by ETStar
All recent Star -> Star connections that I had on the same itinerary had a similar theme: the first airline was unable to print the next airline's BP. I had to reach either transfer desk or gate. Bags were tagged all the way through however.
flying today LH (BLR > FRA) -> TP (FRA > LIS) - agent had no problem printing my two passes.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
You should be happy that AI could actually print the BP for their own flight. What an awful airline.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Are you SE or traveling in J? If so the DEL Concierge can meet you and ease you through, Lucky ( Lakhwinder) has been very helpful with this. Also, look for a transfer line for international, sometimes shorter. Finally if you cannot get paper BP try checking in online and getting on phone.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jasdou
The LH lounge is the best one in DEL IMHO. The SilverKris lounge is nice enough too but I prefer the atmosphere, food and drinks offered in the Senator Lounge. And obviously the AI lounge is crap.
I agree, 2 different types of champagnes! Snacks are pretty good too.

Last time around, I had the hot buffet diner at the Silver Kris lounge, then drinks at the LH lounge
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, just to update on what happened:

Our flight from BOM was delayed due to 1) the flight crew was inbound on another delayed plane and 2) 35min delay to get landing clearance at DEL. We also had to bus to the terminal despite being parked at a jetway. Luckily we had planned a long layover just in case of this.

Upon arrival, the transfer desk could not print our boarding pass so we had to go outside and upstairs. The check in desk printed them and luckily passport control and security had minimal lines so it was quick. We made it to the AI lounge and managed to both have a shower before heading off to the plane.

DEL is a bit of a gong show to say the least. There was a massive line to enter the departure gate for a bag scan and pat down. There were no Zone boarding signs, they basically boarded Zone 4/5 in one door and Business Class in a separate door and left Zone 2 and 3 to fend for themselves.

I was in PY this time, crew was super nice but completely different experience from other PY flights. No preboarding beverage, no menus, no hot towel service, one attendant had to serve both rows of PY making it very slow. They also not once came through the cabin with water the entire 14 hour flight. Not such a big deal for us in PY with water bottles but the poor people in the back!

I'll definitely write in about it, seemed like they were short staffed.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by seegs
Thanks everyone, just to update on what happened:

I was in PY this time, crew was super nice but completely different experience from other PY flights. No preboarding beverage, no menus, no hot towel service, one attendant had to serve both rows of PY making it very slow. They also not once came through the cabin with water the entire 14 hour flight. Not such a big deal for us in PY with water bottles but the poor people in the back!

I'll definitely write in about it, seemed like they were short staffed.

@seegs
Great to hear it worked out, despite that hassle.

It would also be greta if you can post the above comment and anything else related to food and service in this thread so we have more info. Thanks.

Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan
No water on a 14 hour flight? That is insane. On my last long-ish flight of BRU-YUL the FA's were coming around with water at least once an hour, possibly twice an hour. It was great service in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.