Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Altitude 2018 announced

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

Why would anyone choose Gogo over E50K Gift or 100% AE bonus LOL.

PS: If you do, I would gladly gift you a Year Long Gogo pass to become your friend :P

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Oct 31, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: IHG Gold

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...9302|325433832
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I guess no bad news is good news. Glad E50K is still giftable :P
Simplified selection is always welcoming, good job AC!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
At first glance, the benefits seems pretty similar to last year. They've turned all 3 bundle 2 sections into Core benefits, and they've introduced a GoGo wifi subscription as a Select Privilege. Nothing different for me as far as the benefits I'll end up using.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:39 pm
alc

they took away the MLL .com booking codes and make everyone get the Cafe .com codes instead.

For the WiFi, i guess for those med/long haul SE that pretty travel in J without the need of eUpgrade credits, that might not be a bad option.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc

For the WiFi, i guess for those med/long haul SE that pretty travel in J without the need of eUpgrade credits, that might not be a bad option.
Well... no widebodies even have it yet so..........

Que announcement 1.5 years ago
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/inde...03&item=137450
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So remove a bundle, lower tiers win by auto gettting 20 eups, and throw in wifi as a select privilege.

As SE, would have to sacrifice, amongst other choices, one of the 100% Aeroplan bonus and 50 eUps for exorbitant Gogo wifi, which is occasionally good at best, and STILL not on all ML aircraft.

I also like the no default selected deadline.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Anyone notice the number of MLL passes has decreased? It used to be 6 for SE, now it's 4.

I don't think this will change much for me. My wifi-enabled flying is such that a 12 month pass doesn't make much sense. I typically buy a one month pass for EYW, and pay as I go the rest of the time.

Jack, how do you figure E50K is worth more than a 12 month pass? It retails for over $750 CAD. Are you saying you'd pay that much for E50K?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:50 pm

Well I see some of the lower tiers lost a bit, but have not gone over it with a fine tooth comb.

Looks like 25S can only get 2 lounge passes (not sure if just Domestic/Transborder or not) vs 4 in the previous year (but not Intl). I know those privileges because those are all I had for the first part of 2017.

I have always thought the 2 or 3 aircanada.com travel options was chintzy. At least make it a few more than that.

I am only E50, so won't be stressing on status for friend or wifi subscriptions.

Last edited by mapleg; Oct 31, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:51 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Well... no widebodies even have it yet so..........

Que announcement 1.5 years ago
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/inde...03&item=137450
I guess my comment is more for SE that travel within N.A. then. on a non widebodies....

or maybe they are willing to get the widebodies with GoGo this year?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mapleg
Well I see some of the lower tiers lost a bit, but have not gone over it with a fine tooth comb.

Looks like 25S can only get 2 lounge passes (not sure if just Domestic/Transborder or not) vs 4 in the previous year (but not Intl). I know those privileges because those are all I had for the first part of 2017.

I have always thought the 2 or 3 aircanada.com travel options was chintzy. At least make it a few more than that.

I am only E50, so won't be stressing on status for friend on wifi subscriptions.
SE only gets 4 MLL passes instead of 6 so I guess a downgrade for all.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Anyone notice the number of MLL passes has decreased? It used to be 6 for SE, now it's 4.

I don't think this will change much for me. My wifi-enabled flying is such that a 12 month pass doesn't make much sense. I typically buy a one month pass for EYW, and pay as I go the rest of the time.

Jack, how do you figure E50K is worth more than a 12 month pass? It retails for over $750 CAD. Are you saying you'd pay that much for E50K?
I am not entirely sure how much travel work will require me a year yet... (pretty spoiled by MLL, Priority Luggage, CheckIn and Security at this point tbh)

But if I have to fly ~20 segments a year, I think its worth around that range for me. To be honest it's likely to be even higher for others. 50 credits would enable Jack Sr to upgrade two and half more times on his YYZ-CDG flight.. so it's tempting
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:03 pm
F 1

P25k gets downgraded to only 2 one-time MLL passes for the year and that's it. Am I reading that right?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If one does a lot of international or PLH travel then NOT choosing Gogo is a no brainer... unless wifi will be operational on all or most ML widebodies in 2018.
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by F 1
P25k gets downgraded to only 2 one-time MLL passes for the year and that's it. Am I reading that right?
Yeah, that's it..and who knows if that's only Domestic/Transborder or will Intl be included?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.