Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2017 Benefits Year - eUpgrade Expiration in Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude E%dK

One upgrade expiry dates, I did find this on the Air Canada eupgrade site: "
  • All credits are valid through the Altitude benefit year, unless otherwise specified on your eUpgrade account. The 2017 benefit year runs to February 28th, 2018. Furthermore, all credits earned on or after November 1st, 2017 will be valid until February 28th, 2019."
Of course, I am not sure if the "earned" date is the same as the deposited date - or were the credits earned when you were granted your status or when you selected your privileges. I'll find out I guess...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: AC Elite 75k
Originally Posted by alc
Okay, I would agree to select 35% in Bundle 1 as you have 2 long trips coming up before Dec 31st.

But in Bundle 2, I would select the eUpg and I would confirm your E35K selection on Nov 1st. This will then before your Oct 30 flights posting on Friday Nov 3rd and hence you will for sure get your 35% bonus. And there is a chance that these eUpg will expire in 2019 as they deposit to your account after Nov 1st. Nobody knows whether it is Nov 1st or not this year, hence the word "chance" in my statement.
Amazing! Thanks for your suggestions! ^
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: AC Elite 75k
Originally Posted by Jay99
  • All credits are valid through the Altitude benefit year, unless otherwise specified on your eUpgrade account. The 2017 benefit year runs to February 28th, 2018. Furthermore, all credits earned on or after November 1st, 2017 will be valid until February 28th, 2019."
Of course, I am not sure if the "earned" date is the same as the deposited date - or were the credits earned when you were granted your status or when you selected your privileges. I'll find out I guess...
It does say, if you click on the e-up description when selecting your privileges, the following:

5 eUpgrades Credits

Choose this Select Privilege and eUpgrade Credits will be deposited into your aircanada.com eUpgrade account. Credits can be used on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge in order to upgrade to Business Class, Premium Economy or Premium Rouge.

eUpgrade Credits are valid through February 28, 2018.

So, I have a feeling even if selecting it after November 1st, it will still expire in Feb 2018, but I'll wait to select until November 1st, just in case.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:24 am
alc

Thanks Jay99, so AC did announce it to be Nov 1st again this year.

Based on past experience (and similar AC announcement) it is the deposited date.

so getoutside, so yes, select it on Nov 1st to be 100% safe.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Please note a few posts on this eUpgrade expiry topic have been split off the "Early recognition" thread and into its own thread for better visibility for members.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:49 pm
alc

for those that want to know where exactly does the info Jay99 quoted, it is in the eUpgrade T&C:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...onditions.html

It is under the "eUpgrade Credit validity period" heading.

What I am not sure is whether this info was posted recently or at the beginning of the year.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks Jay99, so AC did announce it to be Nov 1st again this year.

Based on past experience (and similar AC announcement) it is the deposited date.

so getoutside, so yes, select it on Nov 1st to be 100% safe.
I hope so. I will pass the 80k threshold on Oct. 31, and don't need the eUpgrade credits this year. By the time they are deposited it will be well after Nov. 1.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:14 pm
alc

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
I hope so. I will pass the 80k threshold on Oct. 31, and don't need the eUpgrade credits this year. By the time they are deposited it will be well after Nov. 1.
it had been the deposit day since the year they introduce eUpgrade, so you should be good.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:17 am
alc

So, unfortunately, the credits posted this morning for me expire in 2018
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by alc
So, unfortunately, the credits posted this morning for me expire in 2018
When did you select benefits? This morning?

I picked my benefits a few minutes ago. I will report back on the expiration date once they post to my eUp account.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
These are also super annoying if the cut off really is Nov 1:

"31-Oct, 2017 : 20 credits earned - Altitude Threshold"
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:33 am
alc

Originally Posted by jasdou
When did you select benefits? This morning?

I picked my benefits a few minutes ago. I will report back on the expiration date once they post to my eUp account.
that might be my mistake as I select them yesterday as I thought (as per my post above) had always been deposit date from previous years. I recalled FTers report the new expiration date as of Nov 1 (except the year that AC said it will start on date like Nov 7 or something like that)

Yours will post tomorrow, so we will see what expiration date it will be.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:35 am
alc

Originally Posted by AskTravis
These are also super annoying if the cut off really is Nov 1:

"31-Oct, 2017 : 20 credits earned - Altitude Threshold"
From the info Jay99 found on the AC Web (see post 6) it isNov 1 this year.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude E%dK
This is an interesting test of AC's software. I just selected my E50k privileges as part of Early Recognition, and we'll see what happens. I suspect (as some have reported) their system is smart enough though that for early recognition the Eupgrade credits are created with an expiry date in 2018 rather than 2019 regardless of when they are created. I suspect "earning" for a 2019 expiry data is for threshold eupgrades that are created on/after Nov 1st. That said, I could be over-estimating AC's IT system developers. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
...That said, I could be over-estimating AC's IT system developers. ...
I think you are. Under-estimating is usually safer. I suspect you'll get credits with a Feb 2019 expiry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.