Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2017 Benefits Year - eUpgrade Expiration in Feb 2019

2017 Benefits Year - eUpgrade Expiration in Feb 2019

Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I think you are. Under-estimating is usually safer. I suspect you'll get credits with a Feb 2019 expiry.
AC's system devs surpass expectations when they turn up to work.
That said, I suspect the system would work better if they did NOT turn up to work.

In terms of benefits, I find ACs incompetent IT generally works out better for the customer in terms of the number of 'things' we get. Though I'm still waiting for Peever to make a comment here.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Worst timing for me!
Attached Images  
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Worst timing for me!
I would write in or call on that.... that's just unfair. Maybe you will find someone with a soul at Air Canada.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude E%dK
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I think you are. Under-estimating is usually safer. I suspect you'll get credits with a Feb 2019 expiry.
You were absolutely right! The way the table is presented kind of made me think their backend system might be a bit more intelligent, but I guess not. It's not the only AC IT Oopsy that worked in my favour here, but there was another much larger one that I had to deal with to get to this point... so if we're counting this year has been 2 in my favour, 1 out of favour (though much time on the phone with Aeroplan sorted that one out).
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: AC SE
So, here is my timeline:

Qualifying flight flown on Oct 25th
Flight credited on Oct 28th
New status granted on Oct 28th
Selected benefits on Nov 1st
New eUp credits posted on Nov 2nd with an expiry date of Feb 28th 2019

I feel sorry for those who selected Oct. 31st!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
So, here is my timeline:

MrsITAG, having become SE prior to Oct 31, has the button waiting in Altitude for the relevant credits.

I'm waiting a few days to trigger it so that they are 2019, because I just do not trust this organization.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Jay99
You were absolutely right! The way the table is presented kind of made me think their backend system might be a bit more intelligent, but I guess not. It's not the only AC IT Oopsy that worked in my favour here, but there was another much larger one that I had to deal with to get to this point... so if we're counting this year has been 2 in my favour, 1 out of favour (though much time on the phone with Aeroplan sorted that one out).
How much time did you spend sorting out the errors in your favor?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:23 am
alc

So, here is my timeline:

Thanks for confirming it is now 2019 expiration.

What bug me is that I actually find a post in the past stating I will wait a few days to be safe and this time I didn't and got burn
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks for confirming it is now 2019 expiration.

What bug me is that I actually find a post in the past stating I will wait a few days to be safe and this time I didn't and got burn
Yeah, I guess it is a painful lesson. But in truth, there really isn't much upside to rushing benefits selection. Once your dashboard reflects the new status, so will your BPs. So unless you urgently need the credits deposited in your account or really need the physical SE card quickly for some reason, it may be a good idea to wait until Nov. 1st next year.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:56 am
alc

Yeah, I guess it is a painful lesson. But in truth, there really isn't much upside to rushing benefits selection. Once your dashboard reflects the new status, so will your BPs. So unless you urgently need the credits deposited in your account or really need the physical SE card quickly for some reason, it may be a good idea to wait until Nov. 1st next year.
I was concerning that if I wait until Nov 1st, I can't select the E50K status gift option, hence I went ahead to do it on Oct 31st to get the interest E50K for the recipient.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
I can confirm that the eUpgrade credits for the flight I took on Oct. 31 and which moved me past the 80k threshold were deposited on Nov. 5, and they do not expire until Feb 28, 2019.

This supports the comments provided upthread.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jay99
One upgrade expiry dates, I did find this on the Air Canada eupgrade site: "
  • All credits are valid through the Altitude benefit year, unless otherwise specified on your eUpgrade account. The 2017 benefit year runs to February 28th, 2018. Furthermore, all credits earned on or after November 1st, 2017 will be valid until February 28th, 2019."......
    Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
    Originally Posted by acysb87
    Any insight on whether credits earned on or after November 1st 2018 will have an expiry of February 28, 2019 or February 28th 2020?
    According to the Air Canada Website (it was actually published well in advance this year):

eUpgrade Credit validity period
    • All credits are valid through the Altitude benefit year, unless otherwise specified on your eUpgrade account. The 2018 benefit year runs to February 28th, 2019. Furthermore, all credits earned on or after November 1st, 2018 will be valid until February 28th, 2020.
    https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...onditions.html
    Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:36 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Plumber
    According to the Air Canada Website (it was actually published well in advance this year):

eUpgrade Credit validity period
    • All credits are valid through the Altitude benefit year, unless otherwise specified on your eUpgrade account. The 2018 benefit year runs to February 28th, 2019. Furthermore, all credits earned on or after November 1st, 2018 will be valid until February 28th, 2020.
    https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...onditions.html
    This was actually published a year ago, together with last year's cutoff.
    Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:52 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to both previous posters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.