FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Crediting miles flown on South African Airways into Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1873924-crediting-miles-flown-south-african-airways-into-aeroplan.html)

zhaobao Oct 25, 2017 3:41 am

Crediting miles flown on South African Airways into Aeroplan

Made a booking with a travel agent for two people on SAA. One has SQ membership and the other has AC membership. The travel agent managed to enter the SQ frequent flyer info into the system (and in fact, under Manage My Booking under SAA, the frequent flyer number shows up with the right date of birth). However, the travel agent cannot enter the AC number for the other traveller. The message is "frequent flyer number not existent". When I went online to try to enter it myself, the system refused to update. Then I called SAA. They said they can "force enter" the number, but cannot verify whether the number is actually correct. They also said that there may be a linkage issue between Amadeus/SA/AC. Does this make sense ?

Any advice on how to proceed ? Just keep the boarding pass info and request missing miles after 14 days ?

ajeleonard Oct 25, 2017 4:16 am

Add it at check in

24left Oct 25, 2017 8:27 am

Originally Posted by zhaobao (Post 28974003)
......Any advice on how to proceed ? Just keep the boarding pass info and request missing miles after 14 days ?

You might also want to read up on issues with SAA miles posting to Aeroplan

There are a couple of different issues posted in this thread form March 2017

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-aeroplan.html

Also, here is the Aeroplan partner page for SAA

https://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...AfricanAirways

canadianhockey91 Oct 25, 2017 9:59 am

Originally Posted by zhaobao (Post 28974003)
Made a booking with a travel agent for two people on SAA. One has SQ membership and the other has AC membership. The travel agent managed to enter the SQ frequent flyer info into the system (and in fact, under Manage My Booking under SAA, the frequent flyer number shows up with the right date of birth). However, the travel agent cannot enter the AC number for the other traveller. The message is "frequent flyer number not existent". When I went online to try to enter it myself, the system refused to update. Then I called SAA. They said they can "force enter" the number, but cannot verify whether the number is actually correct. They also said that there may be a linkage issue between Amadeus/SA/AC. Does this make sense ?

Any advice on how to proceed ? Just keep the boarding pass info and request missing miles after 14 days ?

As per the above post link I had many issues with this. Flew Feb, uploaded the boarding passes two weeks after. I called in 3 times between Mar-June with no luck saying waiting for SAA etc etc. Got a supervisor in Aug who said wait another month. Waited, called in Sept and then FINALLY Aeroplan manually entered the points. They said they also manually entered the segs for my AQS but it does not appear on altitude and according to them is ok...I have my doubts but we will see. It was a big pain and ordeal.

-that being said my friend I traveled with had his ticket on ac stock 014 and uploaded his boarding passes and got credited quite quickly. Mine was booked through united as we were returning to different cities in Canada.

zhaobao Oct 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Update on this front - the tickets have since been issued.

- When I went back onto www.flysaa.com and went into Flight Booking Management, the Date of Birth entry for the one with AC remained blank. The emergency contact info remained blank.
- Entered both and then hit "Continue". Then still got the message "Your booking has not been changed".
- However, when I then back to "Update Contact Details" or "Input Frequent Flyer Number", all the information has been captured and saved.

Who knows... at least I have a 13-digit ticket number starting with "083"......

Let's hope for the best. There are a lot of miles to be collected for this trip.

Chowtime Oct 25, 2017 8:00 pm

I flew with them from Vancouver to Capetown in January this year. Made several attempts to get my miles credited following up every couple of months or so. Last call , they said it would take 10 weeks and that was back in June, I've given up. Too many calls, wasting my time even though it's a J Class ticket. I've written them off. Good luck, I wouldn't hold your breath. BTW, I've sent in all my boarding passes etc. They just plain suck.

quantumofforce Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Chowtime (Post 28977730)
I flew with them from Vancouver to Capetown in January this year. Made several attempts to get my miles credited following up every couple of months or so. Last call , they said it would take 10 weeks and that was back in June, I've given up. Too many calls, wasting my time even though it's a J Class ticket. I've written them off. Good luck, I wouldn't hold your breath. BTW, I've sent in all my boarding passes etc. They just plain suck.

I had similar issues with another carrier, kept calling aeroplan (I work while on hold!) And eventually the agent was perplexed and just forced through the points to my account and they showed up on Altitude website as well.

canadianhockey91 Oct 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Chowtime (Post 28977730)

I was able to finally speak with a supervisor who told me they would credit it within 4 weeks if SAA hadn't added it in. Granted this was now many months down the line. If it was a J class ticket I'd probably try once more and be very vocal about it...and ask about having it credited directly from them. I do hear ya though, it's ridiculous.

Chowtime Nov 10, 2017 3:52 pm

After 10 months, and many tries and emails, I finally was definitively told that my full revenue SAA ticket from LHR-JNB-CPT CPT-JNB-LHR ticket is NOT eligible for any type of mile accumulation. Ticket was purchased through AC, all flights were AC flight numbers and on 014 ticket stock which I'm told by AE means nothing. They say that it's not them but SAA that is rejecting it. Has anyone ever heard of a full revenue J class fare on any airline that give ZERO points?

quantumofforce Nov 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Chowtime (Post 29045955)
After 10 months, and many tries and emails, I finally was definitively told that my full revenue SAA ticket from LHR-JNB-CPT CPT-JNB-LHR ticket is NOT eligible for any type of mile accumulation. Ticket was purchased through AC, all flights were AC flight numbers and on 014 ticket stock which I'm told by AE means nothing. They say that it's not them but SAA that is rejecting it. Has anyone ever heard of a full revenue J class fare on any airline that give ZERO points?

I believe Ethiopian has a business class fare class that awards zero miles. It's also star alliance.

ETStar Nov 17, 2017 2:00 pm

This website gives the low down on what credits and what doesn't.

http://www.wheretocredit.com