Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Frid Oct 13 a nightmare no thanks to Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frid Oct 13 a nightmare no thanks to Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The threshold for hot meal is 2 hours. YYZ-ORD is not 2 hours.
Have had my share of 2+ hour YYZ/ORD flights.I remember a flight where we returned to YYZ due to Tstorms and tornado warnings, I would agree that scheduled flight is less than 2 hours
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
ML*1 and ML*2 can make a difference between one getting a meal, or not. Upgrade vs.Op-up.
ML*1 means you were confirmed in a lower cabin on the flight, and upgraded after checking in.

ML*2 means you were confirmed on a different flight, and cleared standby.

Originally Posted by acysb87
Have had my share of 2+ hour YYZ/ORD flights.I remember a flight where we returned to YYZ due to Tstorms and tornado warnings, I would agree that scheduled flight is less than 2 hours
Block time. I've had a 3.5 hour YYZ-YOW too, but it wasn't SUPPOSED to be that long.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:57 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Sorry to hear of the situation OP experienced. It seems somewhat self-inflicted though, reading that the OP has so much flying background.

When I search for a ABQ-YYZ flight option, there is not a single offering from usual search engines offering an AA-AC connection through DFW.

These 2 do not seem like carriers meant to work together. Did OP go out of his way to book that for some reason?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by TA
Sorry to hear of the situation OP experienced. It seems somewhat self-inflicted though, reading that the OP has so much flying background.

When I search for a ABQ-YYZ flight option, there is not a single offering from usual search engines offering an AA-AC connection through DFW.

These 2 do not seem like carriers meant to work together. Did OP go out of his way to book that for some reason?
I think this is one of those beat a dead horse threads. There is very little sympathy for the OP in any case.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
There are some things here that didn't absolutely require concierge assistance...

Regarding the terminals - why could have not figured that out yourself? Were you too busy? Did you book the flight literally last second and couldn't even check yourself or do a little googling, or ask FTers?
I'm sure the OP is one of those people who are too important to do mundane things like that.

There are people who even have their admins record their voicemail greeting for them
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Mark Gerrard
There are people who even have their admins record their voicemail greeting for them
Have we met?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.