Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Frid Oct 13 a nightmare no thanks to Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frid Oct 13 a nightmare no thanks to Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
AA interlines with AC:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-partners.html

Was this booked on one ticket?

Not sure why you relied on the AC concierge to give you arrival information for AA - all this information can easily be checked by yourself in the AA and AC apps, probably faster than calling up a concierge. Arrival and Departure information is subject to change anyway... AA operates out of so many terminals at DFW that a gate change is a likely possibility.

Your profile indicates you are a veteran traveller... why are you surprised at what happened?

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Oct 23, 2017 at 8:06 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I don't know...nightmare seems a strong word. Inconvenient, yes, but if this is what you call a nightmare, you must lead a fairly charmed life.
Bonaventure likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Please point me to a domestic airline within the US that will give you anything to eat on a 50 minute flight.

And to the OP, I am sure Calin will personally come down to DFW and fire the offending concierge. This is just unacceptable. There just arent any internet tools to see what gate your flight will land at, and depart from!

Also, why wouldnt one just book AA all the way to YYZ? Its not like they dont fly from DFW. The troubles some people go through just to fly AC truly amazes me.
I can point you to a domestic airline in Canada that will give you a hot meal on a 50 minute flight
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:48 pm

Garsh, hard to understand why the travel experience wasn't smooth as silk for the OP. Must be 3 or 4 people per decade who fly ABQ-YYZ via DFW and decide it would be a swell idea to book it on 2 different carriers.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acysb87
Flew AC YYZ/ORD last week on E90(business) and had a cold meal.It was something/
Connected to EEUUEEHH ORD/SDF on E175 (business) and had a basket of nachos/chips presented to me . I declined.(did I ever mention how much I dislike EEUUEEHH?)

I carry a few zone bars in case I miss meal or get hungry . I do not depend on concierges to tell me about meals
The threshold for hot meal is 2 hours. YYZ-ORD is not 2 hours.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Breakfast can be an exception.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Breakfast can be an exception.
Right, but we're not talking about a route where it's supposed to sometimes be hot.

We're talking about a route that's over 2 hours.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Huh. I was recently in J on an E75 YUL-ORD (2h23 block time) and the only food on offer were snacks from a basket. But it was an op-up so I'm not complaining. Just noting that perhaps the 2 hour threshold isn't a bright-line rule.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I've been op-upped on the relatively shorter ORD-YYZ several times , and sometimes I get a hot snack such as chicken pot pie, while other times, I could only get a bag of Miss Vickie's from the basket.

So perhaps they only catered for a certain number of J passengers, and ML*1 it's hit-or-miss depending on how many meals were loaded?

Originally Posted by sz549
Huh. I was recently in J on an E75 YUL-ORD (2h23 block time) and the only food on offer were snacks from a basket. But it was an op-up so I'm not complaining. Just noting that perhaps the 2 hour threshold isn't a bright-line rule.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Unless some of our resident SDs contribute to a wiki for the food thread, we will continue to go by our experiences and Speculate our butts off.

Oh wait, I forgot where I am... carry on.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:09 pm

Thanks yyznomad. Speculate we shall

Everyone was served from the Miss Vickies/Kit Kat basket in my case. Maybe because it was a 20:00 departure? I've never seen only some J pax getting served to the exclusion of other J pax, but it might be a possibility. Doesn't seem very gracious, fwiw.

Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
I've been op-upped on the relatively shorter ORD-YYZ several times , and sometimes I get a hot snack such as chicken pot pie, while other times, I could only get a bag of Miss Vickie's from the basket.

So perhaps they only catered for a certain number of J passengers, and ML*1 it's hit-or-miss depending on how many meals were loaded?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket

this is my experience as well
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
ML*1 and ML*2 can make a difference between one getting a meal, or not. Upgrade vs.Op-up.

I've been skipped over before, but didn't care for the cold dish anyway (salmon, I believe).

The SD explained it to some of us who got op-upped that there weren't enough catered meals. No biggie.

The seat was good enough, and I had scarfed on Uno's deep-dish pizza before the flight. ☺️

Thanks yyznomad. Speculate we shall

Everyone was served from the Miss Vickies/Kit Kat basket in my case. Maybe because it was a 20:00 departure? I've never seen only some J pax getting served to the exclusion of other J pax, but it might be a possibility. Doesn't seem very gracious, fwiw.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:34 pm

Fair enough. I'm usually at the back of the bus glamorously making status on short-haul segments, so not much experience in dom/tb J. I certainly appreciated the seat and the hand cannon of whisky (an entire wine glass of scotch was almost too much even for me) regardless.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Fair enough. I'm usually at the back of the bus glamorously making status on short-haul segments, so not much experience in dom/tb J. I certainly appreciated the seat and the hand cannon of whisky (an entire wine glass of scotch was almost too much even for me) regardless.
i would classify that as a win.
sz549 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.