Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC appeared to be introducing co-pay for SE100K upgrades but was IT glitch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC appeared to be introducing co-pay for SE100K upgrades but was IT glitch

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
let's hope this is indeed an error and they just need separate to 2 lines for Tango (V,Q) and Flex (V,Q)
You are assuming that they are introducing branded fares internationally. Which is not confirmed as of yet.

Alternatively, they might plan to move V and Q to Tango?

Or indeed they plan to introduce a co-pay for low Flex?

We need someone with a low flex to try upgrading and see if they are actually charging.

As we know usually these things turn out to be simply a mistake...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I'd be happy to take one for the team (testing by booking an international low Flex ticket, request and confirm the upgrade, then cancel the upgrade and cancel the ticket within 24 hours). Unfortunately I don't have enough eUp credits now.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:23 am
alc

Originally Posted by Stranger
You are assuming that they are introducing branded fares internationally. Which is not confirmed as of yet.

Alternatively, they might plan to move V and Q to Tango?

Or indeed they plan to introduce a co-pay for low Flex?
Oh right, sorry, not really following that thread closely

Originally Posted by Stranger
We need someone with a low flex to try upgrading and see if they are actually charging.

As we know usually these things turn out to be simply a mistake...
see Post #8 above, it did state it is quoting the add-on
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
OK, everyone can calm down.

I just heard back from AC on this issue. Seems like it is indeed an IT glitch due to the branded fares introduction.

Expect an advisory message to be posted on AC.com soon.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gabdusch

I just heard back from AC on this issue. Seems like it is indeed an IT glitch due to the branded fares introduction.

Expect an advisory message on AC.com soon.
As usual... Makes sense.

Potentially not a great news still.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:34 am
alc

Well, you started the thread

Expect an advisory message to be posted on AC.com soon.
Thanks for confirming this is indeed "NOT" an enhancement ^^ SE no Add-On is one of the reason why I decided to do EYW to make SE this year.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by alc
Well, you started the thread

Thanks for confirming this is indeed "NOT" an enhancement ^^ SE no Add-On is one of the reason why I decided to do EYW to make SE this year.
just saving the enhancement as a surprise for next year
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
True, and for my trips to Asia I usually buy PY for the reasons you mention.

But I also buy 2-3 Europe Flex FPs per year and these book into V. Premium Economy to Europe is often quite pricey and at ~1400 R/T the Flex FP was a great value for the routes I fly.

I find it frustrating that there has been zero advance warning from AC and this change has literally been implemented overnight.

Hoping to hear more from AC soon.
Back in the day when the AC lurkers used to post here, they would give us heads up ahead of time on these things. But it took some blowhard idiots to scare the official lurkers from here, and conveniently enough, these blowhards are also no longer posting here.

So yeah, you can thank some of the blowhards who used to post here. They are true blowhards by every means of the definition. Selfish .......s they are.
Plumber likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
And FWIW as a non SE I was still seeing M to J as $500 co-pay Intl like a week ago...

These enhancements, excepting branded fare fun and games, are normally start of altitude year no? I would be surprised if this wasn't an IT error or ... a change IT made and released early before the paper pushers drafted a release. Wouldn't be the first time.
why start of the altitude year?

If so, what about the eUp promos?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Sorry, I did a quick check of my flight next week YYZ-FRA, and don't see the co-pay for low flex. Checked also for YYZ-HKG, no co-pay for Flex.

Last edited by sram; Oct 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just caught up with this thread. Looks like a false alarm.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I just caught up with this thread. Looks like a false alarm.
Well, not really. There was an alarm, there was some smoke, but the fire seems to have been put out in reasonable time, or at least the source of the smoke was identified and dealt with
Plumber likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

That seemed pretty obvious from the start.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Since there was a period of time today where the tool was evidently trying to charge co-pay, I’d say the issue was real.

It seems the bug has been rectified. That was quick, so good on AC ^

However, it also appears that international H fares have been relegated to the low-Flex category in the process...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Back in the day when the AC lurkers used to post here, they would give us heads up ahead of time on these things. But it took some blowhard idiots to scare the official lurkers from here, and conveniently enough, these blowhards are also no longer posting here.

So yeah, you can thank some of the blowhards who used to post here. They are true blowhards by every means of the definition. Selfish .......s they are.
Ah yes the old chestnut about all the value and insight the three amigos (Ben, Ben, and Andrew) used to add. However like many chestnuts it is either bunk or relative. I recall them spouting nonsense and marketing crap and having about as much empathy as Donald Trump and slightly less understanding of the life an average FF. Not to mention the thinnest skins on the planet.

But hey. Enjoy your nuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.