Stupid IFE touchscreen games.

Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K, NEXUS/GE
Stupid IFE touchscreen games.

With the low quality pressure (in)sensitive touchscreens, I wonder who thought it'd be a bright idea to put games on the IFE without a controller.

What's the proper etiquette to address a man child who spends a good portion of the flight poking the back of your head while you're trying to take a nap?

Air Canada, for the love of God, if people don't bring their own entertainment onto the plane, don't enable them.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
IFE games are functioning?!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by filthycasual
With the low quality pressure (in)sensitive touchscreens, I wonder who thought it'd be a bright idea to put games on the IFE without a controller.

What's the proper etiquette to address a man child who spends a good portion of the flight poking the back of your head while you're trying to take a nap?

Air Canada, for the love of God, if people don't bring their own entertainment onto the plane, don't enable them.
Narrowbody J and O have controllers.

I guess you're in Y.

Last edited by yyznomad; Oct 17, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reason: Narrowbody added
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Seat 4C, YYZ to YUL. Doesn't matter though, none of the screens had controllers.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Seat 4C, YYZ to YUL. Doesn't matter though, none of the screens had controllers.
Ah yes, I forgot the narrow body J doesn't have them.

Yes, it's a bit lame.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

In all seriousness, no matter where you're sitting, what would be an acceptable response? Talk to SD? Agressively and continuously recline/sit up? Gnash teeth silently?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:34 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Narrowbody J and O have controllers.

I guess you're in Y.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ah yes, I forgot the narrow body J doesn't have them.
Total FOTSG, can't tell a widebody from a narrowbody!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
The correct response really depends on your own personality. If it bothers you, mention to the passenger behind you.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:21 pm

In all seriousness, no matter where you're sitting, what would be an acceptable response? Talk to SD? Agressively and continuously recline/sit up? Gnash teeth silently?
1) Leap over the seat and beat the passenger senseless. But only if there is someone to take video.

2) Ask them to stop

3) Deal with it (aka the Canadian solution)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: TK *G
When tapping on the seat back screen, I usually use my hand to hold the seat in front of me then use my thumb to tap it lightly. This minimizes seat vibration.

As for how to deal with it, politely thank that person for the head massage with a smile, then ask that person if s/he wants to take a break. The bottom line is, most of the people are not bad person, they just don't realize the inconvenience they create.

On a side note: there is game on the narrow body IFE? I know the newer system has Sudoku and Chess and some other stuff. I have no idea the old system has them too.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rehoult
1) Leap over the seat and beat the passenger senseless. But only if there is someone to take video.

2) Ask them to stop

3) Deal with it (aka the Canadian solution)
I like numba one... engage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.