Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Getting closer, but with only one trip to Asia this year I will very likely need to do an end-of-year MR to cross over the 100k mark.
--
13F
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE & 2MM, SPG Plat
AQM - 115,601
AQD - $24,257

.....just 7k AQM away from reaching 2MM...should get there by end of month
Plumber and Diabeetus like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: SE100K, AEROPLAN 3MM, QANTAS CC, AMEX BLACK, FAIRMONT PLATINUM
Aqm - 229,330
aqd - $54,233
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: SE100K, AEROPLAN 3MM, QANTAS CC, AMEX BLACK, FAIRMONT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by canopus27
Yeah, sure ... but who could possibly fly that much? 3MM? Really? Anyone who claims to have that status now is just faking it
Well, I pass 3MM two years ago and I can assure you I was not faking it. I am in my early 60's and have traveled my entire professional life and was never below CANADIAN Platinum and have always been SE or equivalent since the death of CANADIAN (God I miss that airline). I tend to do more than 200K qualifying miles each year and it adds up. I am sure I have missed miles in there along the way and with the erosion of SA, I don't get as many miles as I used to as I am forced into non-Alliance flights more and more.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by ac777
If you could manage to get a 014 ticket for Asia to Europe it will count for AQD even if you are not flying AC. The new rules from 2017 does help.
If you could explain how that can be done I would appreciate it. If you don't want to make it public, please send me a private message. Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
If you could explain how that can be done I would appreciate it. If you don't want to make it public, please send me a private message. Thanks!
For one thing, would have to be not only on 014 stock, but on a star alliance carrier.

I would think one could get AC to issue a ticket Canada-Asia on AC, then Asia to Europe on a star carrier, and finally back from Europe on AC? Either on the phone or through a TA.

What does Matrix say?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Reached 95 AQS on Nov 14.
AQM: 56,943
AQS: 95
AQD: $21,759

Still have 14 segments to go for the year.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
AQM: 100,003
AQS: 48
AQD: $34,571 (some still to post)

After several years of 250k+ AQMs, my travel is nicely way down. 110k AQMs last year, and barely squeezed through this year. Though I'm mainly a paid-J flyer, SE is worth it for when I'm not, and for IKK which I expect will be crucial to use up my stash of miles before the AC/Aeroplan divorce.

For the first time, I had to carefully calculate and make some tweaks to get past the bar this year. In particular, converted some YUL connections (Europe <-> YOW) to YYZ for some extra miles. After carefully planning it out, nearly got messed up since I forgot intra-Europe P operated by LH only earns 50%. And now, while I thought I was done, turns out I have one more short trip to make before end of year; on my own dime and in Tango since 2x62 miles will do just fine, thank you!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:31 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by SoundAdvice
Well, I pass 3MM two years ago and I can assure you I was not faking it. I am in my early 60's and have traveled my entire professional life and was never below CANADIAN Platinum and have always been SE or equivalent since the death of CANADIAN (God I miss that airline). I tend to do more than 200K qualifying miles each year and it adds up. I am sure I have missed miles in there along the way and with the erosion of SA, I don't get as many miles as I used to as I am forced into non-Alliance flights more and more.
3MM is quite an achievement. I'm entering my 12th year as SE with 1.3MM so far. In 5 to 6 years, I should reach 2MM.
Interestingly enough, there were 10 SE yesterday on AC 7, out of which 7 were SE MM!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I believe that Canopus was joking. He knows, for a fact, that there is at least 1 3MMer who participates in this forum on a semi regular basis.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
For one thing, would have to be not only on 014 stock, but on a star alliance carrier.

I would think one could get AC to issue a ticket Canada-Asia on AC, then Asia to Europe on a star carrier, and finally back from Europe on AC? Either on the phone or through a TA.

What does Matrix say?
Yes, I know all this. I was hoping ac777 could explain how to just book a single roundtrip. Asia to Europe on 014.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
More flying than expected this year, just requalified...
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
wow, that's impressive. May I ask without getting too personal: are most of your flights long haul International? I ask because man, that's a lot of time to spend in tube...I can see doing YVR-YYJ-YVR a few times per week to get the 100 segments which of course each leg is like 15 minutes, that would get you to SE status easily...
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
The Altitude website says that I have qualified for a higher status and will be able to select privileges next year (I am currently 75k). Sort of strange because I have 113,899 miles, 44 segments, but only $19,000 AQD. Is the dollar qualification strict? (I still have enough flying before the end of the year that I will pass 20,000 anyway, so if this is a mistake it's not a problem) Anyone seen this before?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by financeguy
The Altitude website says that I have qualified for a higher status and will be able to select privileges next year (I am currently 75k). Sort of strange because I have 113,899 miles, 44 segments, but only $19,000 AQD. Is the dollar qualification strict? (I still have enough flying before the end of the year that I will pass 20,000 anyway, so if this is a mistake it's not a problem) Anyone seen this before?
I see the same thing. Over 100K AQM but the AQD hasn’t posted yet. Shows that I’ve reached a higher status, the dollar wheel shows a little to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.