Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Bets on when AC resets the IKK limit this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bets on when AC resets the IKK limit this year?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:00 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
This is AE IT, not AC IT. It is a glitch. They have attempted to rectify a problem after multiple complaints from last year. As I posted above, the intent is to give us to the end of February to use up this Year's IKK, while giving us early access to next Year's IKK. To spin this into a negative is misleading.
The intention is definitely positive, they've just bungled the implementation. I used an IKK yesterday and I'm now showing 1 left for 2017 and 9 left for 2018, same as others. Hopefully they'll clean it up soon.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
This is AE IT, not AC IT. It is a glitch. They have attempted to rectify a problem after multiple complaints from last year. As I posted above, the intent is to give us to the end of February to use up this Year's IKK, while giving us early access to next Year's IKK. To spin this into a negative is misleading.
All Altitude features go through AE IT? Regardless, I'm not debating if it's a glitch or not - it and other things clearly are. I'm saying that even the best IT team in the world can drown in change requests, lack of QA etc. IT is easy to blame, but unlikely the root cause.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by After Burner
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Oh, I made the joke about "enhancements", but never intended to infer malice. Above the programmer level.... well, if I don't have anything nice to say...
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The intention is definitely positive, they've just bungled the implementation. I used an IKK yesterday and I'm now showing 1 left for 2017 and 9 left for 2018, same as others. Hopefully they'll clean it up soon.
+1

This isn't the first time and certainly won't be the last where IKK calculations have caused issues over the years. I mean, heck, this thread title says it all. The IKK resetting thing has been a known issue for awhile now.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Do we have Aeroplan apologists here now?
eracerblue and skybluesea like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
+1

This isn't the first time and certainly won't be the last where IKK calculations have caused issues over the years. I mean, heck, this thread title says it all. The IKK resetting thing has been a known issue for awhile now.
Yes, it's just amusing and sad that they tried to fix it this year but still managed to make a mess of it thanks to an IT screw-up.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
maybe it was unintentional to even display the field 2017 ikk remaining. in prior years around this time they just left it hidden to customers.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by expert7700
maybe it was unintentional to even display the field 2017 ikk remaining. in prior years around this time they just left it hidden to customers.
No, in prior years the limit reset and we lost whatever we hadn't used.

YEG3MM has it on good authority that they're trying to improve this, and he has flown to see his grandma more than once a year for a while, so I'm inclined to believe him.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Update

Dear Mr. BlondeBomber:

Thank you for your email regarding the Priority Rewards tracker.

Regrettably, there is a technical issue with the tracker whereby Priority Rewards are being removed from the 2018 allotment when a booking is made. However, our technical support team is working diligently to resolve the problem; we are hopeful that by December 13th, the 2017 allotment will be debited for any Priority Rewards used and the 2018 allotment will be credited for any Priority Rewards debited in error.

We offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this situation may have caused, Mr. BlondeBomber.

Regards,

Aeroplan – Customer Service Representative
www.aeroplan.com
Plumber and skybluesea like this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I booked an IKK this morning, and it came out of my 2017 allotment. I'm now 1 2017 and 10 2018 (down from 2 and 10), so it seems to be fixed, at least for new bookings.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I booked an IKK this morning, and it came out of my 2017 allotment. I'm now 1 2017 and 10 2018 (down from 2 and 10), so it seems to be fixed, at least for new bookings.
I had 1 and 9 remaining yesterday. I didn't watch the counter today since I expected it to take a while to fix, but after making two IKK bookings today, I'm now down to 0 and 8, which is correct.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine is not fixed. I'm still showing 9 remaining for 2017 and 9 remaining for 2018.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Mine is not fixed. I'm still showing 9 remaining for 2017 and 9 remaining for 2018.
Did you make that booking today, or before today?

Because I said "for new bookings".

I don't know if they've retroactively fixed anything.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you make that booking today, or before today?

Because I said "for new bookings".

I don't know if they've retroactively fixed anything.
Yeah I thought as much regarding "new bookings". So they have the logic correct for anything going forward, but nothing fixed from base I guess.

I made that booking at the beginning of November for an early November trip. I have not made anymore IKK bookings since and I have zero Aeroplan bookings at the moment.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:55 pm

Well if I were going to fix it, I'd correct it for all new bookings going forward (which they've done), and then go through everyone's account with something like this

Code:
for each altitude member
    while 2017balance > 0 and 2018balance < 10
        2017balance--
        2018balance++
Copyright 2017 Scott Kennedy, all rights reserved, license available at 1 cent per iteration of the inner loop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.