FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1870491-air-canada-moving-amadeus-communication-issues-ap-ac-post-migration-result.html)

capedreamer Dec 7, 2019 11:32 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31815885)
It's been like this for at least a week or two.

Why...

YYT82 Dec 7, 2019 11:33 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 31815871)
Nearly a full day after my flight, I received this "BOOKING CONFIRMATION & RECEIPT OR NOTICE OF AN ITINERARY CHANGE":

https://i.postimg.cc/g0XdPHVX/ac1.png

https://i.postimg.cc/ZqGmYvHf/ac2.png

Not sure I needed this. Also odd that they can't distinguish between a notice of an itinerary change (which would be meaningless 24 hours after arrival) vs. a receipt.

And FWIW, this eUpgrade was confirmed months ago.

Perhaps AC should be sending it out AHEAD OF TIME to prevent check-in agents working for other airlines in your itinerary of accusing you of not having paid for the upgrade. See my experience in this post.

It was all fine in the end, but still a hassle to go through.

yyznomad Dec 7, 2019 11:34 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 31815894)
Why...

Just another outcome of the Amadeus migration.

This can pertain to any odd/weird/unexpected new "thing" that has resulted from the migration.

hydrogen Dec 7, 2019 11:35 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 31815894)
Why...

Wouldn't be surprised if it's so infrastructure is set up to charge people the difference in Y and J taxes (ie APD)...

canadiancow Dec 7, 2019 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 31815477)
Likewise, rewards from my account now show up on my list of bookings. Also, a couple of days past the migration, my wife on an award used my AE number when checking in on line instead of the booking reference and it worked.

That always worked for me. Unless you managed to get the FQTV added before-hand (very difficult), my Aeroplan number always worked when I booked tickets for others.

flyquiet Dec 7, 2019 3:39 pm

Definitely a new thing. Bug or feature, we don't know.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...l#post31777026

supatight80 Dec 7, 2019 3:47 pm

This is so weird.

I booked an Aeroplan ticket for my boyfriend for our vacation and when he got his mobile boarding pass, he is in Zone 1 and was able to select preferred seats for free. His boarding pass shows too S100K AC*G...

- I am SE. He is basic.
- We are Not travelling together

So how can this be? Are we still allowed to book AP tickets for other people?

transportprof Dec 7, 2019 3:48 pm

TK award booking on Aeroplan

Has anyone with TK award flights booked through Aeroplan had problems since the Amadeus migration?

Today, I went to the TK web site and put in my locator code for my pre-migration booking and got the following message:

Due to a technical error the e-ticket cannot be shown.
I've got a couple of months before travel, but don't want to wait to the last minute to get this resolved. My next step will be to call TK next week and see what they can see about my booking.

I wonder how long it will take before Aeroplan's phone lines become functional again?

Stranger Dec 7, 2019 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 31816638)
Has anyone with TK award flights booked through Aeroplan had problems since the Amadeus migration?

Today, I went to the TK web site and put in my locator code for my pre-migration booking and got the following message:

The AC pre-migration one, or the TK pre-migration one? If TK uses Amadeus, should be the same as the new AC one. However I don't see how the old AC one could have ever worked.

Smiley90 Dec 7, 2019 4:08 pm

I've got a couple of months before travel, but don't want to wait to the last minute to get this resolved. My next step will be to call TK next week and see what they can see about my booking.

I wonder how long it will take before Aeroplan's phone lines become functional again?

This has been mentioned before and someone recommended using the TK app which fixed the problem for me - try that first.

yulsee Dec 7, 2019 4:20 pm

Before the migration, I used to be able to confirm that a ticket booked and cancelled through a travel agent was indeed cancelled by checking the PNR in Air Canada's Manage My Booking. It would show the itinerary with a notice at the top saying the ticket is cancelled.

But since the migration, I cancelled another ticket booked through a travel agent and when I go to view it on Air Canada's website, I get the following error message:

Sorry, we're not able to display this booking online. To make changes to this booking, please contact Air Canada Reservations Opens in a new window for assistance or talk to your travel agent.
Any alternatives to confirm with Air Canada that a ticket has been cancelled other than calling them and waiting on hold ?

Originally Posted by supatight80 (Post 31816636)
This is so weird.

I booked an Aeroplan ticket for my boyfriend for our vacation and when he got his mobile boarding pass, he is in Zone 1 and was able to select preferred seats for free. His boarding pass shows too S100K AC*G...

- I am SE. He is basic.
- We are Not travelling together

So how can this be? Are we still allowed to book AP tickets for other people?

Good to know :D;)

YXELLB Dec 7, 2019 9:40 pm

Happened to me also. The problem is that the TK booking ref number has changed. You may have to call in to get the new number.

Jumper Jack Dec 7, 2019 9:56 pm

Edit: nvm

mahoogalah Dec 7, 2019 11:38 pm

I had the same error pre- and post-migration on their website. No issues accessing the booking on the app in either case.

Danima1 Dec 8, 2019 7:58 am

Eups at the gate are not being processed while this switch is in process, correct? Is it also preventing the agent from just putting me in a higher class or is there still discretion there? Sitting in dissapointment in economy I had requested an Eup for my return flights five days from now and while it was processed and I picked seats my reservation no longer shows the return flights. EUp site isn't much help either, it shows I used the credits and then they were subsequently returned. Really dreading a 1 hour wait session on hold to speak with someone at AC.