Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:19 am

Private messaged aeroplan on their twitter site got a response within 24 hr

I after trying everything-literally 100 phone calls to aeroplan and air canada (over a ten day period) and emails etc etc. I was beyond stressed but then on the advice of a friend i private messaged aeroplan yesterday on their twitter site > and miraculously got a response wthin 24 hours > an agent actually read my complaint and telephoned me today. Please share this info re: Twitter!!
As i’m new to this forum , i don’t know how to share with everyone who needs to know!!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by expert7700
my current list:
-Flightpasses used last month have no AQD

-One segment (first of a long day) didn't post, and Aeroplan site unable to submit inquiry because "ticket # already credited." Another 3 segment flight has #3 post but #1 & 2 (the night before) are missing.

-EYW posting is a mess.

-When we cancelled two people a couple hours before the flight boarded, we got immediate confirmation emails. Yet I'm told we were paged onboard. So some syncs that should be real time apparently are not.

// but Air Canada successfully flew millions of people since the transition date...
/// Above argument is catchy. It can be used to refute almost any complaint or bad PR: No catering on a long flight? no water? no lavs? deflated seat? just remind folks how many people they flew recently that DID have access to these things.
My list of experienced issues is lengthy.

As per others here, a couple days ago the Manage My Bookings showed all my flights just fine. Since then it shows an error and that I have no bookings. Still viewable only when I punch in each locator.
I could write my entire list here, but I think everyone has covered my list at some point in this thread.

Luckily though, I have gone relatively unscathed and managed to successfully eUpgrade all of my flights and only needed to call in three (3) times to have stuff fixed.
Only issue right now is missing AQM for three flights on Sunday.

I find that any functions related to ADCOL work marvelously well with a nice GUI (not a shocker)... otherwise, the website still stinks.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 24left
These posts might amuse you or let you know that Norway and France seem to be popular for where some of us end up.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31747707-post5166.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31765974-post5176.html
France would be okay but I always get Norway.

I’ve been absolutely inundated with itinerary change emails this week for 3 and 4 min changes which don’t fit their own schedule change definition.

Like others, just booked a new itinerary that has me in a ridiculous seat (J). I can get the seat map, I can move myself (my preferred seat is available) but system refuses to keep me in the new seat.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Back to my Aeroplan saga.

YYZ-SFO charged me 95.44 pre-Amadeus.

Post-Amadeus, when I changed to SFO-YVR // YVR-YYZ // YYZ-SFO, I was charged an additional 133.55, for a total of 228.99.

If I pull up the same itinerary online, it comes out to 150.22, which is a difference of 78.77.

The latest receipt shows YQ of 54 and a "Transportation International/Domestic Tax - United States(US)" of 24.74. That's 3 cents off the extraneous amount.

After a while on hold, I was told ticketing would look into it and call me back tomorrow.

The hardest part about this for me is waiting for CC statements, since it's hard to figure out what's going on until I can see the original CAD amount.
I didn't get a call, so I called back today.

They claim (after consulting with ticketing) that they charged me the $54 YQ and then refunded it, but refunds take longer than charges

But that didn't explain the whole discrepancy, and she seemed surprised I could book the whole thing online for ~$150.

So now they have someone in the back office working on it, who will call me back when they figure it out.

Edit: I just realized I have another booking I cancelled that I haven't seen a refund for. Sigh.

Edit 2: Callback. The change screwed it up. But apparently when I changed my SFO-YVR to a different one, the system issued a refund, and it just hasn't shown up for me yet. So it sounds like things should be good here. But it also sounds like it was definitely caused by the Amadeus migration.

Last edited by canadiancow; Dec 6, 2019 at 4:13 pm
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:28 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
This looks new and/or updated:

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Air Canada’s New Reservation System

Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:01 pm

I called the SE line today and got picked up within 2 minutes.

It was kind of weird.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I called the SE line today and got picked up within 2 minutes.

It was kind of weird.
I, too, have noticed that the SE line is getting serviced much quicker than the Concierge line.

Emailing local Concierge also seems to yield a quicker response than the central phone line.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC E35 / Marriott Gold
Just got a schedule change on an Aeroplan booking. Did not get an e-mail, but got a notification because I manually added my reservation to the app.

This is what shows on the AC website post-change, looks new:
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Of all the negative lately for me and others, tonight I had two on the positive:

1) a booking with UA segments on 014 stock I was able to get seat assignments via concierge.

2) Same day change on YEG-YVR-YYC triangle processed by concierge on phone and I saw the app instantly update in front of my eyes.

While there is plenty more room for improvements in timing, features and functionality, at least there is some good on the horizon.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
Of all the negative lately for me and others, tonight I had two on the positive:

1) a booking with UA segments on 014 stock I was able to get seat assignments via concierge.

2) Same day change on YEG-YVR-YYC triangle processed by concierge on phone and I saw the app instantly update in front of my eyes.

While there is plenty more room for improvements in timing, features and functionality, at least there is some good on the horizon.
For #1 - was this on day of travel or on a ticket some number of days in the future?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azhang24
Just got a schedule change on an Aeroplan booking. Did not get an e-mail, but got a notification because I manually added my reservation to the app.

This is what shows on the AC website post-change, looks new:
Similar here. I note however than when going to "preview seats," it shows the Y seat map, even if already sitting in J. In two instances, one a reward in I, one, an upgrade, in R. So I would expect the same if paid J/C/Z/P. Seat assignments are fine however.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Random data point

I booked my MIL a last second AE reward (just YUL-YYZ) apparently the in charge came to her specifically an introduced herself, etc. I am guessing my status carried forward on her ticket. I did not yet check what zone number was on her BP
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcohen999
Random data point

I booked my MIL a last second AE reward (just YUL-YYZ) apparently the in charge came to her specifically an introduced herself, etc. I am guessing my status carried forward on her ticket. I did not yet check what zone number was on her BP
Likewise, rewards from my account now show up on my list of bookings. Also, a couple of days past the migration, my wife on an award used my AE number when checking in on line instead of the booking reference and it worked.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AC E75K
AC Now Sending Post-Trip eUpgrade Credit Receipts?

Nearly a full day after my flight, I received this "BOOKING CONFIRMATION & RECEIPT OR NOTICE OF AN ITINERARY CHANGE":

Not sure I needed this. Also odd that they can't distinguish between a notice of an itinerary change (which would be meaningless 24 hours after arrival) vs. a receipt.

And FWIW, this eUpgrade was confirmed months ago.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It's been like this for at least a week or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.