Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Old Dec 5, 19, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
https://thepointsguy.com/news/air-ca...plan-problems/

QUOTES:

"The continuing issues with Air Canada and Aeroplan bookings after Air Canada’s backend system update have meant that customers trying to book award tickets, make seat changes or otherwise alter their reservations are still having trouble.

"To confirm this, TPG also attempted several calls with Aeroplan. After being asked to input your Aeroplan number and PIN, a prerecorded message from the aforementioned director states that after Air Canada’s update earlier this month, call volumes are higher than normal. He apologizes for being unable to place you on hold and advises those with travel within the next 72 hours to try calling back later. Otherwise, he directs you back to Aeroplan’s website — which is still not working properly. The line then hangs up."

Old Dec 5, 19, 8:19 pm

I am flying on AC tomorrow from Mel -> YVR -> YYZ. I have a layover of around 4hrs in YVR. Am I able to request same day confirmed change (at Melbourne airport) to an earlier flight departing YVR to YYZ or is it no go due to recent GDS change ? Its an Aeroplan business reward ticket. Thanks
Old Dec 6, 19, 12:05 am

The IRROPS rebooking tool might be back...
Just saw this on the Daily Travel Outlook for YYZ:
If your flight is affected, you can retrieve your booking to change your flight free of charge.
Old Dec 6, 19, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by azhang24 View Post
Doesn't seem to work...
Old Dec 6, 19, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Doesn't seem to work...

Just tested it. Chrome on Mac (not incognito).

This ....

Took me to this.... and I entered my PNR etc and then it took me to the booking page

Old Dec 6, 19, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Just tested it. Chrome on Mac (not incognito).

This ....

Took me to this.... and I entered my PNR etc and then it took me to the booking page

Yeah, like I said it doesn't work.

This is not the link to the rebooking tool as per azhang24.
Old Dec 6, 19, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azhang24 View Post

Quote:
If your flight is affected, you can retrieve your booking to change your flight free of charge.

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Yeah, like I said it doesn't work.

This is not the link to the rebooking tool as per azhang24.

I just clicked the link from @azhang24's post and it also took me to the same AC.com page with the My Bookings section highlighted again.

So I'm not sure where else that link he posted would go since I clicked it twice and still ended up in the same place. If it should take me instead to somewhere else, I wouldn't know. I'll assume the only way to rebook is to get to the actual booking itself.

If not, then perhaps someone else can post a screen shot. Links are always only part of the puzzle with AC.

Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 19, 6:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan
As an FYI, on two consecutive flights during this Amadeus changeover period I've had IRROPS resulting in getting rebooked on to a flight the next day. In each case it was a 4 segment flight booking, and I ended up only being credited for 3 of the 4 segments (i.e. not the one that was cancelled/rebooked). I used the Aeroplan online tool to request a credit for the first one (outside the 8 day limit) and it claims I never travelled on either my originally booked flight or the one I was actually rebooked on to. Not ideal for someone who was planning to be right on segment count for E75
Old Dec 6, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, UA Silver, SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, Marriot Plat, Fairmont Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Celticfrost View Post
I am flying on AC tomorrow from Mel -> YVR -> YYZ. I have a layover of around 4hrs in YVR. Am I able to request same day confirmed change (at Melbourne airport) to an earlier flight departing YVR to YYZ or is it no go due to recent GDS change ? Its an Aeroplan business reward ticket. Thanks
You can try...sdc will charge a fee, standby will be free. I have successfully used standby on a J Aeroplan booking since the changeover. Start asking as soon as you see an AC agent at any of your transit airports.
Old Dec 6, 19, 6:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, UA Silver, SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, Marriot Plat, Fairmont Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
SDC works, companion eups don't

I successfully SDC'd on.a P fare yesterday. I called the concierge call center and they were able to make the change with some difficulty. Hold time was approximately 20 mins. And took them another 20 to confirm the change. I received an email with the new PDF of my booking, now J class but with the original fare basis. As a data point, I called the concierge call center again late last night and was able to get through with no wait.

I asked to do a companion Eupgrade via the call center and was told to ask at the airport. YVR airport concierge said no can do, but made a reference to the number of SE's on the list that would be ahead of my companion, so sounds like the airport waitlist is a thing. Now on my flight this morning there is an empty J seat and my companion is in the back. There was R available at the time of my request.
Old Dec 6, 19, 7:39 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; BonFire Titanic Elite; Nexus, APEC
Good news (and many thanks to 24left and RangerNS for suggestions): I've finally accessed AC and Altitude on Chrome!

Bad news...

Well, I guess you can't have everything...
Old Dec 6, 19, 7:44 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
Good news (and many thanks to 24left and RangerNS for suggestions): I've finally accessed AC and Altitude on Chrome!

Bad news...

Lots of things appear broken on the website this morning to be honest.
Old Dec 6, 19, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by YYT82 View Post
While I'd like to be as optimistic as you, I cannot discount the possibility that AC will find a way to screw up that transition as well.

Not all airlines that use Amadeus allow OLCI at T-47h, as individual airlines can still stipulate when they want OLCI to begin. I have a feeling AC will stick with 24 hours while simultaneously having forgotten about the coupon status issue, since it only affects the FF community for the most part.
This is interesting - For Swiss - You can seemingly book and select seats right up to departure. It is only the airline that blocks the seat map access due to "airport control". I think Amadeus RES and DCS must integrate such that the DCS seatmap is always feedback back to RES. Right now I can go to a flight for LX that is leaving in 2 hours - I can see the seatmap for First but not Business or Economy . . A flight tomorrow morning is open for business seat selection but not economy. So - this must be a carrier choice as to how to handle the seat map close to departure.

I would expect AC will continue with the same times which are T-48 for inbound connections and T-24 for originating station departures.
Old Dec 6, 19, 9:25 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
my current list:
-Flightpasses used last month have no AQD

-One segment (first of a long day) didn't post, and Aeroplan site unable to submit inquiry because "ticket # already credited." Another 3 segment flight has #3 post but #1 & 2 (the night before) are missing.

-EYW posting is a mess.

-When we cancelled two people a couple hours before the flight boarded, we got immediate confirmation emails. Yet I'm told we were paged onboard. So some syncs that should be real time apparently are not.

// but Air Canada successfully flew millions of people since the transition date...
/// Above argument is catchy. It can be used to refute almost any complaint or bad PR: No catering on a long flight? no water? no lavs? deflated seat? just remind folks how many people they flew recently that DID have access to these things.
Old Dec 6, 19, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
I successfully SDC'd on.a P fare yesterday. I called the concierge call center and they were able to make the change with some difficulty. Hold time was approximately 20 mins. And took them another 20 to confirm the change. I received an email with the new PDF of my booking, now J class but with the original fare basis. As a data point, I called the concierge call center again late last night and was able to get through with no wait.

I asked to do a companion Eupgrade via the call center and was told to ask at the airport. YVR airport concierge said no can do, but made a reference to the number of SE's on the list that would be ahead of my companion, so sounds like the airport waitlist is a thing. Now on my flight this morning there is an empty J seat and my companion is in the back. There was R available at the time of my request.
Nitehawk

Are you 100% sure it was actually an SDC?
Nitehawk and canadiancow like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: