Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
The new normal:
  • Unable to log-in to AP or Altitude using Chrome on a Mac for weeks
  • Can't access business class seat maps when booking (on anything)
  • And post Amadeus bookings won't load on the app:
I was having some of the same issues -- couldn't log into Altitude in Chrome but could in Firefox but I just cleared my cache in Chrome in the Setting, Advanced Security Clear Browsing History Advanced subsubsubsub menu and got full access again
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I was having some of the same issues -- couldn't log into Altitude in Chrome but could in Firefox but I just cleared my cache in Chrome in the Setting, Advanced Security Clear Browsing History Advanced subsubsubsub menu and got full access again
Thanks but... still won't let me in on Chrome. And now for AP, I can't get any further than this:

Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
The new normal:
  • Unable to log-in to AP or Altitude using Chrome on a Mac for weeks
  • Can't access business class seat maps when booking (on anything)........
@Mustang Sally

I've only been able to access Aeroplan on my Mac using Chrome incognito for the past year or 2.. Used to be able to use Safari.

Others have reported issues with seat maps. I could not even see the seat map when looking at a booking on AC Manage Bookings.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left

Others have reported issues with seat maps. I could not even see the seat map when looking at a booking on AC Manage Bookings.
For booking made pre-migration there is no option to change anything, including seat assignments hence no access to seat maps. For bookings post-migration it is possible to change seats and to see seat maps. At least, I can, using Firefox on linux. No need for a private window either BTW.

OTOH, there are some flights, mainly international, for which I am unable to see the seat map. Little plane goes round and round forever... for instance, YYZ-ZRH on Dec. 17.
ecc likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Just awful

Called Friday to book a GVA to LAS flight and use a flight credit. 30 minutes on hold and 60 minutes to make the booking. Yesterday AC cancels the YUL to LAS flight. They then rebook me on a flight that departs YUL 6 hours before I land in YUL. Called today to get another flight, 80 minutes on hold and then the agent’s system didn’t work.

I’ve called BA during their strike, AA during American Thanksgiving and EasyJet during a major storm in London. All had significantly lower wait times and much better systems to handle rebooking. AC keeps going from bad to worse. Since there are no direct flights from GVA to YYZ I have had the opportunity to fly Lufthansa, United, BA, and Swiss. All are so much better than AC especially in Business Class. AC does have a good economy class service but the lack of agents on the telephone and conducting a major system overhaul with no transition plan is abhorrent.
24left likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
For booking made pre-migration there is no option to change anything, including seat assignments hence no access to seat maps. For bookings post-migration it is possible to change seats and to see seat maps. At least, I can, using Firefox on linux. No need for a private window either BTW.

OTOH, there are some flights, mainly international, for which I am unable to see the seat map. Little plane goes round and round forever... for instance, YYZ-ZRH on Dec. 17.

Yup

Stranger and skybluesea like this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE

That's not entirely correct. My father's booking was made before the migration, and after the migration I could still see those options available for a few days, until a minor schedule change threw a wrench in it. I called the SE desk and after the agent confirmed the schedule change, the options came back. I then upfared his itinerary and I was able to select seats.

The only link that doesn't work is the stopover hotel.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYT82
That's not entirely correct. My father's booking was made before the migration, and after the migration I could still see those options available for a few days, until a minor schedule change threw a wrench in it. I called the SE desk and after the agent confirmed the schedule change, the options came back. I then upfared his itinerary and I was able to select seats.
I can only talk to my own experience. Pre-migration bookings which suffered no change: no option for anything. A couple of pre-migration which suffered a minor schedule change: option to change flight is there. No option to change seats. (Mind you I did not click on the "change flight" option to see if further down it offers seat change.)
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I can only talk to my own experience. Pre-migration bookings which suffered no change: no option for anything. A couple of pre-migration which suffered a minor schedule change: option to change flight is there. No option to change seats. (Mind you I did not click on the "change flight" option to see if further down it offers seat change.)
Never mind old bookings. I can't select seats for new bookings, regardless of departure dates!
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
I booked a flight on the 27th of November, for travel in Feb. I wanted to cancel well within the 24 hours and I couldn't because the online "Cancellation" button wasn't working and because I can't get a hold of anyone on the phone, via Twitter DM or via form submission.

So my question is: Is a chargeback with AMEX my only option?

Amex is telling me, ironically, I have to call Air Canada! I had to explain to the rep that I had tried!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Not sure if this is Amadeus-related or not, but I've received 7 schedule/itinerary change notifications for flights in January and March in the past week. All booked post-migration. Needless to say my bookings are now all over the place, I now have several 4-6 hours layovers instead of 1.5-2 hours, I'm obviously locked out of these reservations and can't change anything online.

I just spent over 1 hour on hold trying to speak to AC Reservations, nobody is picking up but the soothing recorded voice intermitently interrupts the music to tell me to go and use the website to manage my bookings. I hung up. What a mess.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've had a few schedule change emails for 5 minute changes.
mlbmlb likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bennyg2
I booked a flight on the 27th of November, for travel in Feb. I wanted to cancel well within the 24 hours and I couldn't because the online "Cancellation" button wasn't working and because I can't get a hold of anyone on the phone, via Twitter DM or via form submission.

So my question is: Is a chargeback with AMEX my only option?

Amex is telling me, ironically, I have to call Air Canada! I had to explain to the rep that I had tried!
@bennyg2

Not sure of your status with AC or type of AX you have.

Take screen shots of EVERYTHING - the missing Cancel buttons on the website, a screen shot from your phone of wait time on hold to AC, the rules about being able to cancel a ticket within 24 hours, the links to the media articles with info showing that it is impossible to get through to AC. You need evidence and ammunition. AX may tell you to call AC but you need proof you did and that you can't cancel. Wishing you luck.

P.S. AX call centre now has offshore agents and they have no clue what goes on here or with AC and so on.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
@bennyg2

Not sure of your status with AC or type of AX you have.

Take screen shots of EVERYTHING - the missing Cancel buttons on the website, a screen shot from your phone of wait time on hold to AC, the rules about being able to cancel a ticket within 24 hours, the links to the media articles with info showing that it is impossible to get through to AC. You need evidence and ammunition. AX may tell you to call AC but you need proof you did and that you can't cancel. Wishing you luck.

P.S. AX call centre now has offshore agents and they have no clue what goes on here or with AC and so on.
Thanks 24Left.

Ironically, I think I must have status with AMEX because I always get an agent that identifies themselves as being in their Toronto office when I call between 8am and 8pm EST. However, she still didn't have a clue what was going on and I had to run her through it.

Anyways, thank you for the recommendations and yes, I have all that documented, such a pain in the ....
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
@Mustang Sally

I've only been able to access Aeroplan on my Mac using Chrome incognito for the past year or 2.. Used to be able to use Safari.

Thanx for the tip on incognito which does indeed work...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.