Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
You got an answer that fast? Wow. I gave up on one call yesterday after an hour. Second call got answered after 40 minutes. Then, to do what used to take a minute took about 15 minutes. That said, the phone agent was fantastic - offered to call me back once she had completed it, which she did; better, the same thing needs to be done tomorrow for another flight, she offered to make a note and just do it rather than requiring me to call in.

She said things are gradually getting better. Also, if I heard her right, she said they had actually temporarily redirected the SE line to the general line because the wait was so bad for SE's. Presumably jumping the "call us later, we won't even put you in the queue" part of the general line.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Lornag
I've read through masses of emails here. Has anyone been able to eupgrade through their account online? Is everyone forced to call?

If someone has, can they please post their status if okay.

thanks,

Lornag
@Lornag

Despite the success posted by others of being able to upgrade on the AC eUpgrade page, I am among those who had to call AC at the upgrade window for each flight, wait on hold for 1 hour+, to have it done manually as the eUpgrade page stated my flights were not eligible. (My flights/fare and status were all certainly eligible). As I posted upthread with screen shots, even after the flights were upgraded, the page for that booking still showed the flights as not eligible for upgrading.

Datapoint: This was a booking made pre-migration and the upgrade window was post migration

I am happy for those who have had success, but many do not share that experience.

I have another trip also booked pre-migration which I may just cancel and get refunded rather than deal with the hassle. Sure AC would lose some coin, but I'm sure they'll be happy to sell the seat to someone else.

I appreciate that this was a major system move and many, many things are broken. I just find the time wasted on hold, the time used up by concierges, just to do an upgrade, is not a good use of their time or mine - especially well past zero dark thirty.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Okay. You are se100k. And all the flights had some R before flying and you were able to upgrade online. Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Yes it can be done online - did it about 45 mins ago
Not as user-friendly as the previous eUp site unfortunately
What is your status please and what was the positive r space if any?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:10 am
Suspended

Okay. You are se100k. And all the flights had some R before flying and you were able to upgrade online. Thanks.
Are you replying to me? If so, then your reply is not correct.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:24 am

What is your status please and what was the positive r space if any?
100K, R9 domestic flight
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:48 am

Aeroplan booking

Has anyone been able to successfully make a reservation on aeroplan with points?

I've been trying since the migration and have been unsuccessful. I can't even do a search for an itinerary It errors out before even showing me results.

I tried on my wife's newly created account and she can do the search but I'm worried about transferring points into her aeroplan account and not being able to book.

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: AC; Fairmont Plat; Accor Plat; SPG Plat, BA Gold; A3*G; AB Gold;
Originally Posted by zerbaxa
Has anyone been able to successfully make a reservation on aeroplan with points?

I've been trying since the migration and have been unsuccessful. I can't even do a search for an itinerary It errors out before even showing me results.

I tried on my wife's newly created account and she can do the search but I'm worried about transferring points into her aeroplan account and not being able to book.

Any suggestions?
I have successfully canceled an itin, needing the points from that cancellation to rebook another and everything went perfectly. Points refunded immediately, fee refund processed accurately, and new itin booked successfully. This was on Thursday last week.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/12/...ations-delays/

Air Canada lambasted online for lack of communication over flight cancellations, delays

Air Canada is facing a barrage of complaints online from frustrated travellers who say they’ve been unable to contact the airline over a slew of weather-related cancellations and flight schedule changes.

The airline recently migrated to a new reservation system, and Air Canada spokesperson Peter Fitzpatrick said the change has led to some delays, but cited weather as the main factor.

“Like other carriers, we had to cancel flights at the request of the airport due to de-icing requirements (some aircraft are waiting up to an hour or more to get through deicing),” Fitzpatrick told CityNews. “Additionally, there are continuing impacts from the weather in the US North East, where we operate a large number of daily flights.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:00 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Thanks tcook052 .

Reading this, it seems that once they finish de-icing the website, the call centre and the app, we should be good to go. Hurrah!

Seriously though, why does AC always hide behind the excuse of weather for everything? The call centre delays were there before the weather went South. Or North. Or whatever it is now.

Simply lame. And insulting.
tcook052, Sopwith, wrp96 and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:08 am
Suspended

As per these posts in the Complaints' thread:

Originally Posted by jasdou
Great. Now I can't login on AC.com as my account "has been locked for security reasons. (E001)".
Originally Posted by 24left
Yup

Thought I'd see how things are in the App

Login got me these pages

Love the white space. Very creative.

And all trips have disappeared

Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by zerbaxa

Any suggestions?
I just booked a new aeroplan reward reservation today. However, couldn't change seats online. Booking also wasn't available under 'My Bookings' on aircanada.com, but appeared in the app by itself automatically.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:22 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
24left - It should be obvious, but all of that white space you are seeing is clearly due to the weather. Like everything else.

It's the same reason I've been on hold for over an hour just to cancel a flight. The poor AC rep has to shovel a path from their house to the phone booth outside the gas station.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FifthBiz
I’ve eupgraded 6 flights post migration. All had positive R space.
In addition to this, I've successfully waitlisted flights that did not have R space.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
24left - It should be obvious, but all of that white space you are seeing is clearly due to the weather. Like everything else.

It's the same reason I've been on hold for over an hour just to cancel a flight. The poor AC rep has to shovel a path from their house to the phone booth outside the gas station.

and counting.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.