Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Oh geez...I forgot about the migration and booked a flight for Nov 19 in the morning. This could be fun.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I believe this cutover is only for the reservation system, not DCS.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'd be concerned about booking Nov 19 for travel on Nov 17, but now booked travel is already printed off in stacks of green bar paper as a backup. Or at least will be by shut down.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I believe this cutover is only for the reservation system, not DCS.
The systems are not completely isolated though
Jebby_ca and D582 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I just spoke to a reservations agent while I made a change to my itinerary and asked about the switch over. The switch takes place on the 18th and I was advised to book my flights for the 18th and 19th exactly the way I want to be flown. During the blackout period, reservation system will be down and no changes are possible, even SDC at the airports.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYT82
I just spoke to a reservations agent while I made a change to my itinerary and asked about the switch over. The switch takes place on the 18th and I was advised to book my flights for the 18th and 19th exactly the way I want to be flown. During the blackout period, reservation system will be down and no changes are possible, even SDC at the airports.
I'm not sure I'd believe a res agent about what will be possible at the airport. Definitely better to err on the side of caution, but assuming nothing breaks horribly (and I think it will break horribly), I bet you could SDC.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm not sure I'd believe a res agent about what will be possible at the airport. Definitely better to err on the side of caution, but assuming nothing breaks horribly (and I think it will break horribly), I bet you could SDC.
I actually plan to be a test case.
canadiancow and ecc like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
assuming nothing breaks horribly (and I think it will break horribly)
Oh good. I'm flying home from the EU on the 18th. This should be fun.
Bohemian1 and ecc like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I'm not sure I'd believe a res agent about what will be possible at the airport.
Hey! Don't doubt her! She works at ... um ... with ... airport stuff.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I may have to go up north on the 21-22nd. So what is the popular wisdom: take a chance on AC non-stop or book WS, which involves a connection?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith
I may have to go up north on the 21-22nd. So what is the popular wisdom: take a chance on AC non-stop or book WS, which involves a connection?
My answer for these is always stick with AC, at least domestically. They got the route network to bail you out when IRROPs happens. Meanwhile WS and the skunk may leave you stranded in a destination whilst they work on rebooking you on a flight for the following day. The other thing to keep in mind is whenever you add a connection you're adding another moving part that can fail and leave you stranded with a mis-connect or delayed flight.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso
My answer for these is always stick with AC, at least domestically. They got the route network to bail you out when IRROPs happens. Meanwhile WS and the skunk may leave you stranded in a destination whilst they work on rebooking you on a flight for the following day. The other thing to keep in mind is whenever you add a connection you're adding another moving part that can fail and leave you stranded with a mis-connect or delayed flight.

Safe Travels,

James
That goes against everything I have learned through experience. Whenever a misconnect or delays take place, I am thinking alternative creative routing and compensations.

Joking aside, I think you are underestimating AC's ability to screw up the switch to Amadeus. If Sopwith hasn't booked his flights, I would suggest going with WS during the first week of the switch over.

I, on the other hand, already have flights committed during that window. I cross my fingers hoping that if there are problems, that AC gives me extra compensation EC261 style.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I think you are underestimating AC's ability to screw up the switch to Amadeus.
This is exactly what I am thinking. This is a company that can't even answer the phone properly.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
That goes against everything I have learned through experience. Whenever a misconnect or delays take place, I am thinking alternative creative routing and compensations.

Joking aside, I think you are underestimating AC's ability to screw up the switch to Amadeus. If Sopwith hasn't booked his flights, I would suggest going with WS during the first week of the switch over.

I, on the other hand, already have flights committed during that window. I cross my fingers hoping that if there are problems, that AC gives me extra compensation EC261 style.
Or go with the raccoon we all know they are resourceful critters than can get things done. If you get stuck their at least the in-flight service is better.

AC it is questionable but workable during normal operations. While doing a major upgrade, its is crap shoot.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Better not IROP on that day. Especially with OAL flights.

Anything pure AC I wouldn't worry cause agents can loose match coupons anyway.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.