Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:41 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So AC now wants a bunch more information on the other passengers you can store in your profile. Why not learn something from a good airline and do what DL does, where you just need to store their SkyMiles number and then it pulls all that info automatically from their profile?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
So AC now wants a bunch more information on the other passengers you can store in your profile. Why not learn something from a good airline and do what DL does, where you just need to store their SkyMiles number and then it pulls all that info automatically from their profile?
If we are using the DL app as a standard AC has a long way to go. Like RTW in Y long.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:51 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ridefar
If we are using the DL app as a standard AC has a long way to go. Like RTW in Y long.
This isn't app-specific, it's the same on the AC and AE websites. And yes, AC has a long way to go. But while they were making major changes, why not simplify? Seems like a clear win for them to have a lot less data to handle.
gcashin likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YYT82
I have found the YQM based reservations agents are the ones who have been able to book my complex itineraries within 10 minutes in the past during the RES III days.
Minor item, but I think you mean YSJ? AC’s NB call Center is in Saint John AFAIK. The YSJ Center has been in operation for many years, and I do find the agents there generally quite friendly and knowledgeable.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by gcashin
Minor item, but I think you mean YSJ? AC’s NB call Center is in Saint John AFAIK. The YSJ Center has been in operation for many years, and I do find the agents there generally quite friendly and knowledgeable.
Could it have been both? When I looked up the complex itineraries I booked with relative ease in the past, I do recall seeing YSJ and YQM being the place of issue. I could be wrong and it's just YSJ.

Regardless, let's just say the NB based reservations agents are wonderful.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:17 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Perhaps whoever's year end bonus was tied to the migration milestone.
The bar must be set very, very low if 'they' get 100% of their bonus for this. Just wait until Phase 2 next year.

A truly joyous time to be an actual customer facing part of AC.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
The bar must be set very, very low if 'they' get 100% of their bonus for this. Just wait until Phase 2 next year.

A truly joyous time to be an actual customer facing part of AC.
Exactly, which was why I asked upthread that everyone be nice and courteous to CS agents. The other day at YYZ I was talking to a CS agent who said she nearly broke down in tears earlier that day dealing with an irate customer, but she had just returned from her vacation and all of a sudden Amadeus was dropped on her. These agents are all new to this, and are facing multiple times the problems we face. Many of them were only given a manual and told to just go do it.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Exactly, which was why I asked upthread that everyone be nice and courteous to CS agents. The other day at YYZ I was talking to a CS agent who said she nearly broke down in tears earlier that day dealing with an irate customer, but she had just returned from her vacation and all of a sudden Amadeus was dropped on her. These agents are all new to this, and are facing multiple times the problems we face. Many of them were only given a manual and told to just go do it.
That's how AC makes money. Slash training fund/time. Let the frontline workers learn together with AC customers. Eventually things will sort itself out. AC share prices have been going up, the shareholders are happy. The AC executives continue to get their bonuses.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Did you guys get your AQD already for flights between November 15 & up?

I had a flight November 16 and AQDs havent posted yet. Also is the missing AQD form broken? i tried to press submit but it wont submit.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yscleo
That's how AC makes money. Slash training fund/time. Let the frontline workers learn together with AC customers. Eventually things will sort itself out. AC share prices have been going up, the shareholders are happy. The AC executives continue to get their bonuses.
You can train till the cows come home. At the end of the day, real world experience is the best way for staff to gain knowledge and understanding of new systems. It will be a challenge for a few weeks, maybe a couple months, then everything will run smoothly.

I have been reading many of the comments in this thread and except for a few serious issues, most of the items people are bringing up are relatively minor.

Moving to a new system is a significant investment for any company. I’m sure staff were sufficiently trained. However, there will always be glitches that the teams on the ground won’t be able to (initially) resolve as quickly as they could before. Once the glitches are ironed out, staff have gained experience, etc. the new system will work just fine.

I think we need to keep our expectations in line.
Stranger, aerobod and canadiancow like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by AC7E7
most of the items people are bringing up are relatively minor.
Not answering phones, and 2+ hour wait times for top tier. Yes, relatively minor to other world issues. Relatively major to how a self-proclaimed 4* airline should operate.

I guess we need to keep our expectations in line. Reaching a phone agent is just ridiculous to ask for.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Not answering phones, and 2+ hour wait times for top tier. Yes, relatively minor to other world issues. Relatively major to how a self-proclaimed 4* airline should operate.

I guess we need to keep our expectations in line. Reaching a phone agent is just ridiculous to ask for.
It is frustrating, but moving to a new reservation system is not exactly like upgrading your personal computer’s operating system. These are short-term problems that will eventually be resolved. Every company that moves to new systems will have operational issues in the short term. How many issues do people have each time Apple releases the latest and greatest iOS? Usually after a month or two, issues are resolved.
aerobod likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by AC7E7
It is frustrating, but moving to a new reservation system is not exactly like upgrading your personal computer’s operating system. These are short-term problems that will eventually be resolved. Every company that moves to new systems will have operational issues in the short term. How many issues do people have each time Apple releases the latest and greatest iOS? Usually after a month or two, issues are resolved.
Most organisations go through this at various points in time. Changing or upgrading ERP systems is something that happens. The staff struggle, the customers don't get quotes or invoices on time, the wrong product is in the wrong the place. Lots of large companies struggle through these types of changes, especially if new SOP and rules are introduced at the same time. Much easier when staff are empowered to do what they have to make things right for the customer. This would have been much easier 10-15 years ago when front line staff had less restrictions in place.
aerobod likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by supatight80
Did you guys get your AQD already for flights between November 15 & up?

I had a flight November 16 and AQDs havent posted yet. Also is the missing AQD form broken? i tried to press submit but it wont submit.

Thanks!
I haven’t had any AQD post for flights from Nov 13th onward.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
So, who exactly decided to do the migration just before winter weather gets really bad?
Same person who planted a tree 20 years ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.