Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by m.y
No AQD posted for my flight on Nov 18, miles posted.
I have neither AQM nor AQD for a Nov 18 flight. AQM but no AQD for 2 Nov 22 flights.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Separately, does anyone have experience with Bid Upgrades during this transition? I submitted a Bid Upgrade request prior to Nov 18 for a flight on Nov 30. Pulling up the old booking reference, it looks like the system was able to map it to a new booking reference, and the bid request remains 'pending'. Should I assume this bid will be considered as normal or am I better off re-submitting? Any first-hand experience from this group? Thank you!
Originally Posted by ffsim
No direct experience with post-migration bid upgrades, but depending on the time of your flight you're right around the T-72hour window when these things tend to clear (or not clear). I'd probably just remain patient for the rest of the day and keep an eye on any transactions hitting my credit card if I were you. Start panicking tomorrow
PSA for those wondering about Bid Upgrades: This bid cleared overnight. Not sure if I got lucky, but this seemed to have gone quite smoothly despite the transition. ^
ffsim likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Excited to report, Amadeus and AC Flight Notifications are burping

Received several. Quite amusing really. See if you can spot 3 reasons why from this one:

Please note the revised itinerary for your flight to Toronto

AC101
Departing Toronto, Lester B. Pearson Intl (YYZ) on ...... @ 07:15 (previously 07:15)
Arriving in Vancouver, International (YVR) on .......@ 09:14 (previously 09:19)

Schedules are subject to change without prior notice. A change is defined as a difference of 15 minutes or more from the Scheduled departure or arrival time.

Booking Reference: .......
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
I've been getting them as well, also for changes less than 15 mins. Notifications from the app too.

FWIW it seems like they are reducing the YYZ/YOW block times in January. That seems like a great idea to improve OTP...
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Excited to report, Amadeus and AC Flight Notifications are burping

Received several. Quite amusing really. See if you can spot 3 reasons why from this one:

Please note the revised itinerary for your flight to Toronto

AC101
Departing Toronto, Lester B. Pearson Intl (YYZ) on ...... @ 07:15 (previously 07:15)
Arriving in Vancouver, International (YVR) on .......@ 09:14 (previously 09:19)

Schedules are subject to change without prior notice. A change is defined as a difference of 15 minutes or more from the Scheduled departure or arrival time.

Booking Reference: .......
I can only see 2 reasons....
1. It starts out talking about your flight "TO" Toronto, but the flight info you've included is "from" Toronto
2. The arrival time change from 09:19 to 09:14

What is the 3rd reason?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
1. It starts out talking about your flight "TO" Toronto, but the flight info you've included is "from" Toronto
Right. lol. Got another schedule change for AC 120.... TO Vancouver.

.......2. The arrival time change from 09:19 to 09:14

Right. 2 for 2. ^

What is the 3rd reason?
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I've been getting them as well, also for changes less than 15 mins. ....
Yup.

"Schedules are subject to change without prior notice. A change is defined as a difference of 15 minutes or more from the Scheduled departure or arrival time."
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE
Right. lol. Got another schedule change for AC 120.... TO Vancouver.

Right. 2 for 2. ^

Yup.

"Schedules are subject to change without prior notice. A change is defined as a difference of 15 minutes or more from the Scheduled departure or arrival time."
I've also been getting these notifications for 4 minutes schedule changes. The side benefit is that it locks you out of the booking and can no longer manage it from your account on AC.com. It takes away the possibility to change seats, add travel options, add the flights to the calendar, etc... Come on AC, you can fix this!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by jasdou
I've also been getting these notifications for 4 minutes schedule changes. The side benefit is that it locks you out of the booking and can no longer manage it from your account on AC.com. It takes away the possibility to change seats, add travel options, add the flights to the calendar, etc... Come on AC, you can fix this!
See this post.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by YYT82
See this post.
We've all been #Amadeused .
24left likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Well then.....

Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:50 pm

Well then.....

Exactly. You are only left with the option to "Change flight" and yet "It's not possible to change your flight online". I wanted to cancel and rebook something I booked this morning but now the "Cancel booking" button is greyed out.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:51 pm

"Stabilization Period"
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:57 pm

Name was changed on booking???

I booked a flight on Air Canada some weeks ago and when I logged in recently to check something noticed that instead of identifying me as "John Smith" (which is how I am identified in the confirming email that Air Canada sent me), it now identifies me as "Johnmr Smith" - along with a changed booking reference that I suppose reflects the move to the new system.

Am I going to run into a problem at check-in since my passport does NOT say "Johnmr Smith"? Do I need to call Air Canada to fix this or is this happening to everyone?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ds27
I booked a flight on Air Canada some weeks ago and when I logged in recently to check something noticed that instead of identifying me as "John Smith" (which is how I am identified in the confirming email that Air Canada sent me), it now identifies me as "Johnmr Smith" - along with a changed booking reference that I suppose reflects the move to the new system.

Am I going to run into a problem at check-in since my passport does NOT say "Johnmr Smith"? Do I need to call Air Canada to fix this or is this happening to everyone?
It won't be an issue.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
First call to AE today post-Amadeus because my YYT-YYR flight was cancelled for tomorrow morning (and I don't know why). Hold time for P25K was 7 minutes!

The only trouble is the agent did not believe that my flight was cancelled because I was using FA for the information. Checked the AC app again and it had changed to cancelled, so I passed this on to her. I can't imagine this call would go well for someone with no FT level of knowledge. I have been on hold now for over 15 minutes while she tries to book YYT-YQX-YYR. How could it possibly take that long to switch me onto those flights instead?

Update:
This agent is absolutely incompetent...

Last edited by codfather; Nov 28, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.