Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah I had some similar e-up weirdness that I should mention.

Booked a transborder FP trip before the migration. Return trip with a stop in YUL both ways. When I went to secure the upgrades, the good news was that there was positive R space on all legs. The annoying thing was that I couldn't just upgrade the whole outbound / return 14 days in advance. I had to do each segment separately no earlier than T-14 exactly for each flight. So four separate upgrades.

In the past, once the first flight on the outbound or return was at T-14 I could confirm upgrades for all legs to / from my destination. But that no longer works, at least for me and at least for this trip.

I also got hosed on the credits used since I didn't get the reduced rate I've seen in the past for upgrading two or more segments. It was full pull (4 credits each) for all of them, likely because the new system can't figure out how to stitch them together. Or something. And of course the e-up calculator appears to be gone so I can't double check what I should have 'paid'.

Overall, a royal pain and more 'expensive' in terms of e-up burn. But I'd be interested to see if this is the new normal.

I'd call and complain but I have day job and it's highly likely I'll end up cancelling anyway due to another travel conflict. Not that I really need them, but I will be watching for the return of those unused e-up credits like hawk.

This does not bode well for me for an upcoming multi-flight transcon booking.

Has anyone here tried calling in to request eUpgrades for their multi-flight PNR and have the calculation work correctly?

Bohemian1 if this is the "new norm", then the eUpgrade promo chart, effective to February 29, 2020 doesn't reflect it at all.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:34 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Thanks for the link to the chart - I forgot about that. I was just using the calculator which was actually pretty handy in retrospect.

If only I'd saved the link for that ...
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Datapoint:

When I upgraded a flight well before the migration, it took the correct 2 credits.

After the migration, this appeared on my eUpgrade page:

This flight is now showing 4 credits taken (info included name, route and new PNR #)

Then this appears right below it. "Agent" manually adds back 2 credits.

The total credits available did not change, but the math of what was deducted for the flight did. No idea if this means new mileage charts are coming or if it was a blip caused by the migration.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah I had some similar e-up weirdness that I should mention.

Booked a transborder FP trip before the migration. Return trip with a stop in YUL both ways. When I went to secure the upgrades this week, the good news was that there was positive R space on all legs. The annoying thing was that I couldn't just upgrade the whole outbound / return 14 days in advance. I had to do each segment separately no earlier than T-14 exactly for each flight. So four separate upgrades.

In the past, once the first flight on the outbound or return was at T-14 I could confirm upgrades for all legs to / from my destination. But that no longer works, at least for me and at least for this trip.
It's been this way since eUpgrades were live... you had to wait until T-14 before each flight, not just the first flight. When it was still paper certs, it was x Days before flight, starting at 00:00:01 from the city of departure.
ffsim and canadiancow like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:49 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
It's been this way since eUpgrades were live... you had to wait until T-14 before each flight, not just the first flight. When it was still paper certs, it was x Days before flight, starting at 00:00:01 from the city of departure.
Okay. I did not know that or didn't remember.

Since most of my flights are non-stops I haven't encountered this much.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by 24left
Datapoint:

When I upgraded a flight well before the migration, it took the correct 2 credits.

After the migration, this appeared on my eUpgrade page:

This flight is now showing 4 credits taken (info included name, route and new PNR #)

Then this appears right below it. "Agent" manually adds back 2 credits.

The total credits available did not change, but the math of what was deducted for the flight did. No idea if this means new mileage charts are coming or if it was a blip caused by the migration.
24left

To clarify:

1. This +2 adjustment happened "organically"; that is, you did not call in whatsoever to have it fixed, correct?
2. Are you saying that when you upgraded prior to the migration, it correctly showed as 2 credits debited, but then after migration it debited another 2 for a total of 4 credits, and then it was fixed with the +2 adjustment???
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
This has been my experience too. Last year I had YOW - YYZ - PVR and I upgraded YOW - YYZ first and then went back to upgrade YYZ - PVR later (at T-4 I think as I was a lowly Prestige)

I guess it's more "fair" this way otherwise if you had a connection you could beat the other people to the upgrade window.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Last edited by 24left; Oct 16, 2020 at 7:07 am
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did nothing. This appeared on the new upgrade page immediately after the migration.
Looks like the hamster wheels are running at full tilt now.

Exactly.
That's just messed up. Luckily, that hasn't happened to me yet (pre-migration multi-flight upgraded itineraries not being messed with on the AC side).

*knock on wood*
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I had submitted a support case for the error I was getting (and others in this thread) around trying to add a payment method for their flight passes. To my surprise someone from Air Canada actually called me. They helped me make changes to my bookings and said they are working on the payment issue as quickly as possible. The did say if you access your flight pass from the web instead of the app you can now make changes and enter a one time credit card.

I mentioned to him the comment that Air Canada put on their website and email to Altitude members saying - You will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and unfortunately we cannot guarantee that upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will be processed at the gate, even if a seat is available. In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in

I have multiple bookings where I requested an upgrade at T-14 where it was J9P5R0. I'm now a couple of days away and it's still at those same numbers and still not cleared. On this route prior to the migration I've been cleared normally a day after I've made the request if it was at those numbers. Are you guys noticing that if it was at R0 when you made the request you're getting cleared before the 24 hour mark more then normal?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I don't know if this should be in this thread or in the AQD thread but here it goes....

Anyone had their AQD post for a flight that was booked pre-change over where the flight happened during the conversion or post conversion?

I had a YYZ-HKG-YYZ flight where the miles posted fairly quickly but the AQD still hasn't shown up and it's been 9-10 days (depending on which flight).
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
My flight on November 15 and the ones after do not have AQDs yet
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I think I'm in your situation, @yyz_atc_qq. I grant it was a 016 ticket, mixes pure AC, pure UA and UA-codeshared AC metal flights. But usually that doesn't take 10 days (for the outbound) or even 6 (for the return).
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Benner
I received 20 not 25 as well. Did anyone report this (or even knows where / which channel to report it)?
Just saw they deposited the other 5 in my eUpgrade account...
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:44 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I don't know if this should be in this thread or in the AQD thread but here it goes....

Anyone had their AQD post for a flight that was booked pre-change over where the flight happened during the conversion or post conversion?

I had a YYZ-HKG-YYZ flight where the miles posted fairly quickly but the AQD still hasn't shown up and it's been 9-10 days (depending on which flight).
No AQD posted for my flight on Nov 18, miles posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.