Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by FifthBiz
20 credits for a “promotion” received today. Website says SE gets 25. Good job AC!
For further amusement https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31780573-post1031.html
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I received my 10 credits as an E50 today, so it looks like they’re going through the backlog.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I called in tonight and waited 55 minutes before I got an agent (English selection). I was BT'd to my NC700s while vacuuming in the buff, so I didn't waste any time waiting.

Agent was super helpful and competent and help fixed a minor issue (I had a 5-minute schedule change to one of my bookings, which messed up how the booking was viewed on the website). He also applied an eUpgrade request for me that went to waitlist (R0 on a CO fare).
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Another frustration: Trying to check in online for my LHR-YYZ flight tonight, and at the end of the check in process it is asking for my eTA information... except I'm Canadian and don't have eTA information... and I just entered my Canadian passport information on the previous screen so it should know I'm Canadian .

Concierge telling me it's a new system issue so I'll cross my fingers it isn't a system issue when I actually get to LHR
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ffsim
I received my 10 credits as an E50 today, so it looks like they’re going through the backlog.
I received 20 rather than the 25 that was outlined in the email for SE. I also went to upgrade a B class fare which is showing as 4 credits not the normal 1. Such chaos.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by AskTravis
Another frustration: Trying to check in online for my LHR-YYZ flight tonight, and at the end of the check in process it is asking for my eTA information... except I'm Canadian and don't have eTA information... and I just entered my Canadian passport information on the previous screen so it should know I'm Canadian .

Concierge telling me it's a new system issue so I'll cross my fingers it isn't a system issue when I actually get to LHR
Concierge in London was able to 'unstick' this somehow and check me in, so not sure what happened but now I'm good.

Btw, fwiw, I've had good success this week in emailing the local concierge outposts to get issues resolved in a timely manner and not waiting on hold forever.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Btw, fwiw, I've had good success this week in emailing the local concierge outposts to get issues resolved in a timely manner and not waiting on hold forever.
Same in CDG, excellent and timely service via direct email to local concierge...
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I received 20 rather than the 25 that was outlined in the email for SE. I also went to upgrade a B class fare which is showing as 4 credits not the normal 1. Such chaos.
I received 20 not 25 as well. Did anyone report this (or even knows where / which channel to report it)?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Benner
I received 20 not 25 as well. Did anyone report this (or even knows where / which channel to report it)?
Seems as though all SE's received 20 not 25 suggesting that AC either published it was 25 when it was actually 20 or screwing up the deposit in every SE's eUpgrade account. Sent an email to the Concierge - they replied quickly to something yesterday but nothing so far today. AC employees must be tearing their hair out with the number of issues they are having to deal with on a daily basis...
Benner likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Last evening I was alone in the bar of the Sofitel in Athens. Quietly reading my book and having a beer I tuned into some key words being spoken on at the next table where there was a party of four. Two were representatives of one of the small Greek airlines and the others were from Amadeus in Frankfurt.

I heard a great deal that was interesting to a FTer but with a few pending reservations of my own on Air Canada I was particularly interested to hear that theirs was a huge migration and that it had gone without a hitch and everyone was delighted with the success of it!

I knew you would all like to know that.
Benner and 24left like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

@AskTravis

FYI

Originally Posted by FifthBiz
Getting a request to provide my eTA when checking in on my Canadian passport. Lovely
Originally Posted by 24left
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: AC*E50
Data leakage

Here's a not-great development. I don't work for Boston Pizza.

OLCI isn't working either.

capedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AC E75K
I also received 20 eUpgrade credits instead of 25. E-mailed Concierge and received this reply rather promptly:

We have received several email concerns from our Super Elite 100K Members regarding the additional eUpgrade credits. This is a known concern and our Altitude team is working on adding the additional 5 eUpgrade credits by the end of the week.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Air Canada and for being a Super Elite 100K Member.

Separately, does anyone have experience with Bid Upgrades during this transition? I submitted a Bid Upgrade request prior to Nov 18 for a flight on Nov 30. Pulling up the old booking reference, it looks like the system was able to map it to a new booking reference, and the bid request remains 'pending'. Should I assume this bid will be considered as normal or am I better off re-submitting? Any first-hand experience from this group? Thank you!
canopus27 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I was BT'd to my NC700s while vacuuming in the buff, so I didn't waste any time waiting.

Thanks for that visual.

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Separately, does anyone have experience with Bid Upgrades during this transition? I submitted a Bid Upgrade request prior to Nov 18 for a flight on Nov 30. Pulling up the old booking reference, it looks like the system was able to map it to a new booking reference, and the bid request remains 'pending'. Should I assume this bid will be considered as normal or am I better off re-submitting? Any first-hand experience from this group? Thank you!

No direct experience with post-migration bid upgrades, but depending on the time of your flight you're right around the T-72hour window when these things tend to clear (or not clear). I'd probably just remain patient for the rest of the day and keep an eye on any transactions hitting my credit card if I were you. Start panicking tomorrow
capedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyerYYZ
Here's a not-great development. I don't work for Boston Pizza.
You do now 😂
Benner likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.