Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
Was looking over my eticket/itinerary for a US flight pass booking and have now noticed that the Advanced Passenger Information is no longer present on the email or available from the site.

I know the Secure Flight info is in my profile, but it will be annoying if we have to start providing this to a gate agent rather than just walking through with my boarding pass on my phone.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FifthBiz
Was looking over my eticket/itinerary for a US flight pass booking and have now noticed that the Advanced Passenger Information is no longer present on the email or available from the site.

I know the Secure Flight info is in my profile, but it will be annoying if we have to start providing this to a gate agent rather than just walking through with my boarding pass on my phone.
Doesn't APIS information have to be provided to DHS quite a bit ahead of the flight time?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
SDC Update

This past Saturday, the 23rd of November, I was in the YVR MLL with a gaggle of EYWers. There was an AC agent present who had traveled from YUL as a Amadeus trainer that the EYWers seemed to know. I asked her about SDC and she told me "We just got that working today." I haven't had the pleasure of trying it yet, but apparently it is now again possible. I did successfully standby early on a AE booking this morning, requested via concierge; the central concierge office didn't answer my email, but the local station did (I cc'd their address) and everything went smoothly.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
anyone else booked an AP reward flight but unable to change assigned seats?
tried calling but...yeah hung up after an hour and 30 minutes
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:13 pm

Got through the entire award booking process and then this popped up - really frustrating as I'm afraid the seats will soon disappear on my flight and I just transferred over 115k points from Amex to book it. Tried calling and couldn't get on the phone with anyone.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
Originally Posted by Stranger
Doesn't APIS information have to be provided to DHS quite a bit ahead of the flight time?
The Secure Flight (name, gender, and DOB) does. The AFIS stuff can be done at checkin.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Had the thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-62.html been tagged in bright colors and a giant !!!!! button, it might have been some help or warning to some in this and other threads who are unable to call or book on Aeroplan.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by stevento
I can't think of a single instance where it would take days to get through to anyone at any company.
I've been having a hard time getting a response from accounts payable at a couple of mid-large companies lately. One of them is a division of Koch Industries, another is a privately held Canadian company with billions in annual revenue. So it does seem to happen in certain circumstances outside of AE/AC.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by royal757
I must be the only one here that can:

1. View all of my AP bookings booked from my account on both Aeroplan (under "Manage your Rewards") and Air Canada websites;
2. Change the seats on all of my AP bookings.

I think I have horseshoes.

Pro tip: Use your AP PNR on the AC website by Viewing the Booking, and then it will allow you to change seats from there.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
I thought so too. I searched the AC site, and this page says:
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...formation.html

How do I provide my Advance Passenger Information?

You can enter your Advance Passenger Information when you check in:
  • Online,
  • on your mobile device, or
  • at a self-service kiosk at the airport.

If this is correct, then it seems the API can now only be provided on check in, and not in advance.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
My problem now is Ive had an aircraft change on my Aeroplan booking.
I had paid for exit row seats but as seems to always happen, the computer stuck me
in the same seats on the new a/c (A330) which are not preferred seats like on the prev one (767).
I can move into preferred seats by logging in with the PNR, but of course it wants me to pay again so
I have to call in. Im still 3 weeks out -I actually got past the recording today and selected 1 for
English but thats as far as I got.
Roll the dice later tonight & early tomorrow am I guess....
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by royal757
yup same. i can login to AC and retrieve the booking (made after the migration to Amadeus) and view/select seats but it errors out when i hit summary/finish the changes.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by stevento
Need to get through to Aeroplan to finish a booking, have been trying for 3 days, can't even get on hold... just says call back later.
This is the worst support from any company I've ever experienced. I thought 1 hr hold times were bad... I'd gladly take it now!

I've searched for a diamond number but can't seem to find it. If anyone would be kind enough to PM it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
stevento
Unless you have some sort of Air Canada status (as alluded by others in response to your post), this is going to be rough for the next while for many... there is one phone call to Air Canada I want to make (not Aeroplan), but since it won't be "urgent" until a few days from now, I'll wait it out this "Amadeus migration" normalization period a bit longer.

As per others upthread, at least you're not the only one with problems calling into Aeroplan and Air Canada.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I must be the only one here that can:

1. View all of my AP bookings booked from my account on both Aeroplan (under "Manage your Rewards") and Air Canada websites;
2. Change the seats on all of my AP bookings.

I think I have horseshoes.

Pro tip: Use your AP PNR on the AC website by Viewing the Booking, and then it will allow you to change seats from there.
I have been trying every day to change seats on my AP booking. It doesn't matter what PNR (old or new), and regular or preferred seats. Always get message
We weren't able to assign your seats for this flight.

I have no status, wonder if that makes any difference.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yscleo
I have been trying every day to change seats on my AP booking. It doesn't matter what PNR (old or new), and regular or preferred seats. Always get message
We weren't able to assign your seats for this flight.

I have no status, wonder if that makes any difference.
I literally changed seats last night on three Aeroplan bookings... and even received confirmation emails with the seat changes...

Perhaps they made a change in the system between then and now? Or I really have horseshoes? (I doubt it is status-related)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.