Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
so uhh

Just logged into my AP account and 2/3 of my bookings have just... disappeared. Anyone else have bookings just magically disappear? They were still there around... 3 days ago, last time I checked. I can still pull up the PNR on ac.com so I'm not too worried, more just confused.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Smiley90
so uhh

Just logged into my AP account and 2/3 of my bookings have just... disappeared. Anyone else have bookings just magically disappear? They were still there around... 3 days ago, last time I checked. I can still pull up the PNR on ac.com so I'm not too worried, more just confused.
Yes, mentioned upthread. Many of us have had disappearing/reappearing/fartlicking Aeroplan reservations since migration.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:04 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Smiley90
so uhh

I must be a higher value customer.

100% of my bookings have disappeared.

I feel so special.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by ridefar
Not possible at all ever? Not standby but SDC? That can’t be true.
I was offered standby but not SDC. Obviously that's problematic for getting onto a later flight. This was on a latitude fare, that obviously allows SDC. I did not try the concierge this time. I tried the concierge on Tuesday and had the same answer. So for now, no SDC.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I was offered standby but not SDC. Obviously that's problematic for getting onto a later flight. This was on a latitude fare, that obviously allows SDC. I did not try the concierge this time. I tried the concierge on Tuesday and had the same answer. So for now, no SDC.
Do we get a 99 cent discount on Latitude fares since the SDC feature is currently not available?
Time to litigate! Time to mitigate! Time to Regulate ft. Nate Dogg!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Do we get a 99 cent discount on Latitude fares since the SDC feature is currently not available?
Time to litigate! Time to mitigate! Time to Regulate ft. Nate Dogg!
There's a very reasonable chance I'm going to want to SDC my full J booking tomorrow, because I may be unable to make the current flight.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
There's a very reasonable chance I'm going to want to SDC my full J booking tomorrow, because I may be unable to make the current flight.
Perhaps the only way is for the concierges to "buy" you the new flight and refund your current one.
Melodrama: "Drastic times call for drastic measures."
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Perhaps the only way is for the concierges to "buy" you the new flight and refund your current one.
Melodrama: "Drastic times call for drastic measures."
It's part of EYW so I need the booking date to remain unchanged.

On an unrelated matter: 45 minutes to get through to the SE line. My goal was to swap some eUps for complimentary FP upgrades.

He managed to do it fairly quickly, but he couldn't reticket it. Nor could his lead. So he said he'd let me go, talk to ticketing, and call me back in ~30 minutes. That was 45 minutes ago.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
cow, what a nightmare. I'm so glad I'm not flying AC anywhere until the 30th.
ffsim and canadiancow like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Can't OLCI for my flight tomorrow. Not on the App, not on the website, not on the website incognito, not with using either the updated or original PNR,not with variations of my first name which was concatenated with part of my middle name during the transition.

Maybe its related to EF which alerted me a few hours ago (T-30) that R space had opened up. I was able to unwaitlist and grab the upgrade, and got an AC confirmation email.

Anyone else have similar?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Can't OLCI for my flight tomorrow. Not on the App, not on the website, not on the website incognito, not with using either the updated or original PNR,not with variations of my first name which was concatenated with part of my middle name during the transition.

Maybe its related to EF which alerted me a few hours ago (T-30) that R space had opened up. I was able to unwaitlist and grab the upgrade, and got an AC confirmation email.

Anyone else have similar?
The Bovine and I also cannot check in for a flight today.
tomvancouver likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:53 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Silly me. I hadn't even thought to just check AC's new Amadeus PNR on the LH site. Turns out it works. But whether that's because it was the old LH PNR or because LH can see AC's new one, I don't know - I had never made note of the LH PNR previously.

So that may render my question somewhat moot as it relates to other Amadeus airlines, but it's still a problem if the flight is on UA or another carrier that's not on Amadeus.
My apologies, Mr. Smith... I mis wrote (early morning typing..). The new AC PNR is the same PNR as the LH.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:00 pm

Concierge has been putting people on standby and immediately clearing it as a way to get around SDC issues.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:04 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Concierge has been putting people on standby and immediately clearing it as a way to get around SDC issues.
That's at least creative. Hopefully without risk.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I don't get it. That is so spectacularly stupid that I can only hope it is a temporary shortcoming of AC's implementation and not some intrinsic Amadeus thing. Bizarre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.