Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyerYYZ
Looks like eupgrades are now completely offline. All the links redirect back to the main page. Any attempt to use the page over last few days has resulted in an error that flight is not upgradeable...

Has anyone had success calling in to get them applied?
Looks 5Miles had success. I asked for further details.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Any non-SE been able to eUpgrade successfully for an upcoming booking (that shows positive R) made prior to the migration?
Originally Posted by 5Miles
I'm 50k and yesterday successfully upgraded my November 29th flight. That was a Flex flight pass booking made early October.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: AC*E50
I was able to get into the eupgrade site by using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome. However, when I go to upgrade the flight I still get

"This journey is currently not available for eUpgrade. The booked fare may not be eligible or the request may be outside the eligible window. (8550)"

I upgraded the outbound before the change, but can't get the return to stick
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Looking at all the eUpgrade horror stories, I am glad I was Johnny on the spot with my upgrade on a ten hour flight. The window opened on the day of the switchover and I had a few hours to do it. I confirmed my upgrade within the first minute.

Good luck to all of you. I think I'll have a couple of long haul private jet journeys in the next few days since none of you are able to upgrade to sit next to me, and it looks like AC isn't able to successfully ticket anything complicated since the switchover.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K; AE Diamond; NEXUS
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Was wondering the same thing.

Saw a few posts about weird / limited availability on the AE site but nothing about booking yet.

May take some time for some people to post with info...
I called Aeroplan this morning to book a rather complex (but completely legal) multi-city award itinerary. Even though every segment I was feeding the agent appeared on the website, they were unable to piece together the segments like they used to do in the past.

In a nutshell, what I was told was that if the website can't do it, they can't do it. I was also told that if I had called a few days ago (prior to the switch to Amadeus), they would've been able to book my award without any issues.

Now I'm kicking myself....and hoping that these are just growing pains and that they'll be able to move past these limitations in the near future.
milesforhire likes this.

Last edited by vinny8989; Nov 21, 2019 at 9:53 am Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by vinny8989
I called Aeroplan this morning to book a rather complex (but completely legal) multi-city award itinerary. Even though every segment I was feeding the agent appeared on the website, they were unable to piece together the segments like they used to do in the past.

In a nutshell, what I was told was that if the website can't do it, they can't do it. I was also told that if I had called a few days ago (prior to the switch to Amadeus), they would've been able to book my award without any issues.

Now I'm kicking myself....and hoping that these are just growing pains and that they'll be able to move past these limitation in the near future.

Thanks for the datapoint.

This would be a HUGE issue / devaluation for those of us who take advantage of finding segments and piecing itineraries together.
Was one of my fears with the switch over... and I still have a fair amount of Aeroplan points I wanted to use for another mRTW.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 21, 2019 at 10:01 am
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AC*E50
Originally Posted by YYT82
Looking at all the eUpgrade horror stories
I think we can all agree that these are super-annoying but still fit firmly in the category of "First World problems"!
PLeblond likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
"First World problems"!
FT is FWP.
Benner, ffsim, canadiancow and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:39 am

I think we can all agree that these are super-annoying but still fit firmly in the category of "First World problems"!
Aaarrgghhhh! I hate that excuse.

Competence, honesty, preparation, sincerity and integrity are most frequently what many consumer issues come down to - those are matters of character independent of first or whatever "world" one happens to find themselves in.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robsaw
Aaarrgghhhh! I hate that excuse.

Competence, honesty, preparation, sincerity and integrity are most frequently what many consumer issues come down to - those are matters of character independent of first or whatever "world" one happens to find themselves in.
Like I said above, FT is FWP. You'll always have someone tell you that your one specific complaint is FWP, even though everything else here is FWP.

I'm just going to wait a few days to see if things improve. I have some flights I would like to eUpgrade with the little puddle of eUps I have left... but at the moment can't do it, and I certainly don't want to call in and wait for 10 hours especially if SEs are waiting at least an hour!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about the VIPs...

I wonder if VIPs are hitting the same wall as us peons (including SE/SM).
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:50 am
Formerly known as tireman77

eUpgrade screen shows the reservation, but can't pull it up via my bookings...

Weird
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:52 am

Oops, I booked a multi-city itinerary through AC for Business, and I hadn't noticed it wouldn't load anything past December 1st for the outbound, so even though I searched for Dec 2 with a return on Dec 3, it pulled up Dec 1 & 2. Luckily I caught this after the confirmation arrived, because it soared straight past me during the booking process. Booking 2 one ways worked, and was even cheaper than the multi-city by $40. I should have confirmed that first, but this isn't about me!!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AC E75K
Has anyone received the additional eUpgrade credits we're supposed to receive as a result of this disruption?

Additionally, by the end of the month, we’ll be providing Air Canada Altitude members with additional eUpgrade Credits which can be used through February 2021.
Have a flight on Nov 30 and trying to see if I can depend on these credits coming through in time.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:03 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I thought they said it would be around the end of November for this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I thought they said it would be around the end of November for this.
They said 'by the end of the month', which I take to mean between Nov 29-30.
capedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.