Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:01 pm
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
One more thing . . following the Res III ---> Amadeus changeover on Monday - - there could be a few days of unusual issues in DCS. Remember DCS can pull names from RES up to 72 hours in advance (although it is typically done at T-48h). Thus- For flights between 8pm Monday (ET) and 8pm Wed, the initial name list would (could) have come from RES III. Then there would have to be some way in which Amadeus can update/interact with DCS in that period.

Now - to reduce these issues - it is possible (even likely) that they have decided that in the few days after the migration, DCS would only pull names and open at T-24 - - no matter what - just to reduce issues. I would expect this to be temporary.
When the clock ticked over to midnight UTC today (21st), I could see DCS records for every flight departing the 24th. That was over 100 hours away for something like AC 33.

I don't think the inconsistencies will be flushed from the system until the 23rd.

Oh goody, I have a flight on the 22nd.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Is the second segment to the USA? There are many answers to this question.

There has historically been a restriction such that any USA destined flight can only accept checkin (including connections) 24 hours in advance.

Then - I have had some issues with LX/LH (Amadeus) whereby connecting flights more than 24 hours out are not available - but this is not always the case - so it should not be a standard Amadeus restriction.

The general rule is that at a departing station, 24 hours in advance is allowed and connections up to 48 hours out can also be checked in if it is coming via an inbound connection.

So - if your flight was to USA - then it is a US restriction. If not USA - then it is something to do with the current setup.
In my case the second segment was TATL, not USA. And from what I heard from others, it doesn't matter where the second segment went as long as it is on AC metal and the booking was made prior to the switchover.

My third segment is operated by another airline, so the second and third segments were already linked in Amadeus even before the switchover, thus when I checked in for the second segment I was subsequently checked in for the third even though it was more than 36 hours away.

I suspect anyone having a multi-segment itinerary, all on AC metal and 014 stock, booking made prior to the switchover, will need to check in segment by segment.

No experience for itineraries booked after the switchover, because it seems that not many have had them ticketed successfully.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agent at check in at CDG said here they won’t switch until next year, around February.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
anything more than a simple itinerary and error message number. (3006)

Originally Posted by 24left
I doubt it. AC already knows where some of the broken bits are. Some stuff doesn't work at all, other features work some of the time, and some like this feature works differently and may benefit some for now.

And if all else fails, plenty people at AC read FT.
The key statement is plenty people at AC read FT - I really hope this is fact!

Today at 09;30 GMT/UTC I did a further flight search, following on from yesterdays nil results, and the on-line comment Please try again later.

I specifically was looking at 2 bookings which would effectively be multi sectors and involve different fare buckets - DUB/LAS vv & EDI/BDA vv . Prior to Nov 18, DUB/LAS would show availability in E for DUB/YUL, with P on YUL/LAS. EDI/BDA would show E for EDI/YYZ sectors and B for YYZ/BDA. It all looked good with premium rouge availability on the sectors operated by them! ( should have booked then but didn't!)

The system still stating '' We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact Air Canada Reservations Opens in a new window and provide this error message number.(3006)''
- If AC could only provide an expected time scale for the restoration of a normal service, and amend this as time went on, it would be better for them and their hard pressed employees at reservation call centres.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: AC P25
Have you read this thread? Do you know why call wait times are longer than longer than usual? Many posts here similar to yours.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-46.html

If only they had known in advance there might be some issues.... 🙄
Twickenham, Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I get irritated if I have to hold for 5 minutes .... I really am going to try to avoid calling for anything during this weekend's trip-- hope nothing goes sideways!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Plumber
I get irritated if I have to hold for 5 minutes .... I really am going to try to avoid calling for anything during this weekend's trip-- hope nothing goes sideways!
If things go sideways, going through credit card insurance might be faster than concierge.
Plumber likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, *G
So, it appears an e-mail to concierge team will be the quickest way.
It took about two hours from the time I wrote the e-mail asking for an itinerary change for a concierge to respond that they took care of it.

Beats waiting on the phone. As long as your request doesn't require any additional interaction.

Good luck out there. Does anyone have an idea when this might let up?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by heathfields
So, it appears an e-mail to concierge team will be the quickest way.
It took about two hours from the time I wrote the e-mail asking for an itinerary change for a concierge to respond that they took care of it.

Beats waiting on the phone. As long as your request doesn't require any additional interaction.

Good luck out there. Does anyone have an idea when this might let up?
Dont know when this might let up, but thanks for the data point! ^
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Well, I took the challenge. Called the concierge.

Here is my collector's item. First time ever on hold for this long with anyone at AC, or anywhere else. I then waited 38 minutes for the SE line.

Wow, you were way more patient than I would’ve been.

Speaking of patience, I’d like to offer a genuine and heartfelt thank you to everyone who’s contributed to this thread with their experiences, tidbits of information, tips and frustrations. While I currently have no short-term reservations to personally fret over, I feel like I still get to participate in the Amadeus-ly bumpy switchover with y’all

Last edited by ffsim; Nov 21, 2019 at 9:29 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Is the second segment to the USA? There are many answers to this question.

There has historically been a restriction such that any USA destined flight can only accept checkin (including connections) 24 hours in advance.
My hundreds of Halifax->USA flights in the last 4 years would disprove this as a recent thing. I can't remember the last time I precleared in YHZ, so that is hundreds of flights checked in at T-2355 one timezones east of a US flight.

It might be "historically" true, but a very weird artifact to resurface.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Currently in Japan. Flew out before transition. AC website shows my booking twice, once on old PNR, once on new PNR, but boldly labelled in red as CANCELLED. My spouse’s AE booking doesn’t even show up on the AE website. Called in, took 20 minutes to get thru, assured that all ok on their side. Nothing about our situation is odd, obviously many passengers would be mid-booking at transition, this just should not be happening :-)
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stanbury
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying here, but I just checked 3 bookings (all TATL with connections) made some weeks ago, and the seat selections all appear to be intact. Two of these are AP bookings, made on the AP site, and the third was made on ac.com.
You didn’t misunderstand. In bookings made before the switch to Amadeus seat assignments might not be preserved. Judging from the boarding process this morning I wasn’t the only one who lost seat assignment. What a gong show.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AC*E50
Looks like eupgrades are now completely offline. All the links redirect back to the main page. Any attempt to use the page over last few days has resulted in an error that flight is not upgradeable...

Has anyone had success calling in to get them applied?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.