Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Companion J fares on some TATL routes can be 2 for price of 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion J fares on some TATL routes can be 2 for price of 1

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Thanks, TemboOne. Appreciate your explanation. Now, if only AC would do one way pricing as per North America. I guess one can dream.

FYI, I repeated the dummy bookings with identical itineraries in J on Luftansa and Swiss. Similar pricing, give or take a few dollars. Swiss seemed to consistently be more.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weren't these matching AF/KLM fares? (Probably reluctantly...)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Absolutely correct, Stranger!

Originally Posted by Stranger
In fact I believe someone far back upthread had mentioned this, and it seemed to be the reason that the then "bargain" was somewhat limited to the Benelux area as well as France, Germany and Switzerland.

Those of us who can plan leisure trips paid out of our own pockets really need to be prepared to plan and even pay months in advance to avail of the best deal we can find. With more people desperate to travel but avoid the 10-across Y-sardine nightmare the demand for "bargains" in PE and J will increase, even if it means less overall travel but more comfort when travelling.

Research - almost to the point of an obsession - really can uncover huge deals. Check schedules and watch for odd positioning flights such as YYZ-NRT.

Not relative to Europe but some FT members might like to be aware that maintenace flights going to SIN (Paya Lebar) may occasionally be one-way revenue flights from Canada to Asia, but very unlikely from Asia.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Stranger
Thanks for the reminder. Another set of dummy bookings, same itineraries. About $300 CDN cheaper on AF. In so doing, happened to notice AF website says that CDG-YYZ in J is snack only. Seems rather hard to believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.