Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I find it funny that my SQ flight posted before my AC flights.

The AC flights left 24 hours earlier than my SQ flight (it was the third leg of my 'iten)
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I am at 11 days for an LH flight. Miles posted - quickly in fact. Dollars not so much. I am a bit itchy for the AQD because it would put me over the $20k. I know nothing will happen status-wise until next year, but I feel somehow nervous I won't get those dollars and will fall short.

Looking for an opinion on how long to leave missing AQD before a phone call goes in?
Okay I'm impatient - want to put a call in re: AQD. Not clear if I call AC or Aeroplan. I know it is Aeroplan that processes AQM requests, but AQD??

TIA
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Okay I'm impatient - want to put a call in re: AQD. Not clear if I call AC or Aeroplan. I know it is Aeroplan that processes AQM requests, but AQD??

TIA
Might be simpler to fill out the form on AE. You will also have a record of the request.
My flights have also not posted- no AQM or AQD. I have not had to request in ages so I suspect there is something going on but as a poster upthread stated they were told approx 2 weeks to post.
I believe AE forms says to request only after 14 days.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by vernonc
Might be simpler to fill out the form on AE. You will also have a record of the request.
My flights have also not posted- no AQM or AQD. I have not had to request in ages so I suspect there is something going on but as a poster upthread stated they were told approx 2 weeks to post.
I believe AE forms says to request only after 14 days.
You can request 8 days after the flight.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
You can request 8 days after the flight.
Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:09 pm

Quote from AE site

"Please note that depending on the type of ticket, due to the data exchange process between Air Canada and its industry partners, there can sometimes be a delay between the time of travel and the posting of Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD). This can occur as early as 24 hours after your Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) have been posted, but in some cases can take up to a month."

I'm sorry, but that is flat out ridiculous. I would have a hard time accepting that 20 years ago, let alone today.

Think of how much a FF does in a month. This suggests there are times a person has to go a month of travel with a lesser status than actually earned, and I'm sure in some cases means missing out on early recognition. I can't see how that is acceptable to AC.

I still don't fully understand why it is partner reliant. AQD has nothing to do with any other airline; it only matters on 014 stock.

I'm just squawking and it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day I'll be SE next year and that's what matters to me. I just wonder if the AQD had actually posted within 24 hours if I would have been given early recognition given it was only a week after the 10/31 deadline.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I still don't fully understand why it is partner reliant. AQD has nothing to do with any other airline; it only matters on 014 stock.
That's not true. I've earned plenty of AQD on UA flight numbers on 016 tickets. They were operated by AC.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's not true. I've earned plenty of AQD on UA flight numbers on 016 tickets. They were operated by AC.
You just blew my mind Cow.

Of course in my case, being based in Canada, I can't see too many times where I'd be on AC metal on an 016 ticket.

I guess this is to say that AQD will be earned either on 014 stock or AC metal?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I've booked AC metal on UA ticket stock before.

Pretty much always transborder for me and often cheaper. Go figure.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
You just blew my mind Cow.

Of course in my case, being based in Canada, I can't see too many times where I'd be on AC metal on an 016 ticket.

I guess this is to say that AQD will be earned either on 014 stock or AC metal?
Depends on where you fly. UA often has some good options to LatAm that involve an AC flight to IAH and then a UA flight, which would be ticketed on UA stock.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Depends on where you fly. UA often has some good options to LatAm that involve an AC flight to IAH and then a UA flight, which would be ticketed on UA stock.
Earlier this year, YYZ-SFO as a UA code share operated by AC, one segment, 016 ticket, was about $500 USD in J.

The PNR was two segments, 016 ticket, both UA numbers, but operated entirely by AC, and I got the full AQD.

You don't need to actually fly any UA for it to make sense to ticket on UA.

Normally I hate codeshares, but if I'm paid J, there isn't much downside when you're saving thousands.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Earlier this year, YYZ-SFO as a UA code share operated by AC, one segment, 016 ticket, was about $500 USD in J.

The PNR was two segments, 016 ticket, both UA numbers, but operated entirely by AC, and I got the full AQD.

You don't need to actually fly any UA for it to make sense to ticket on UA.

Normally I hate codeshares, but if I'm paid J, there isn't much downside when you're saving thousands.
For sure, there are times when TB itineraries 100% on AC metal make more sense to ticket on UA stock due to pricing, but in my experience, those are much more rare than itineraries that are TB or to LatAm that involve a connection and a mix of UA and AC metal.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
016 tickets on AC metal going into the US are routinely less expensive when I do direct comparison. The return is less expensive on 014. Combined, a round trip on 016 is often slightly less expensive. But if its less than, say, $200 on a single RT 014, I just book with AC for safety/simplicity. OPM and all. Outbound vs inbound would for my bookings tend to be on the opposite sides of the 14 or 7 day windows.

Occasionally I forget, or its >$200. And then I risk being stuck on the VT campus because it takes several HUCA to find someone willing to drop the first hop of ROA-IAD-YYZ-YHZ because I've got an IAD rental car they want back.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
016 tickets on AC metal going into the US are routinely less expensive when I do direct comparison.
But are these purely on AC metal or mixing UA and AC metal?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
But are these purely on AC metal or mixing UA and AC metal?
Well, the iffy situation into ROA had some UA metal.

But even today, a random Sunday YHZ-YYZ-DFW from ua.com is going to be cheaper than ac.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.